I had a 12-23-08 Mexico build phone. Screen click was good and not too many issues (I was thinking they were software). The only hardware issue I had was that the lock button took a lot of effort to push for it to react. I was SO hesitant though to replace it reading the many horror stories here. I went a week using the software lock button and then I bit the bullet. I'm glad I did. My replacement phone is a 12-31-08 Mexico built phone. The click is MUCH better. The keys are solid. The only difference I see is the new one's screen is not as bright. It's not THAT much of a difference but it's not as bright. I'm thinking it is a RIM change as many people have commented that the new ones are like that. No light leakage, no screen click fix needed. It's the way it should have been. I hope others have as much luck as I did.
    01-11-09 03:07 PM
    glad it worked out for you
    01-11-09 03:09 PM
    Awesome. I'm happy it all worked out.
    01-11-09 03:23 PM
    How about any light leakage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 03:31 PM
    Some light leakage at the top and typical light leakage around the buttons. None on the side. My other had some as well. The screen click is perfect without adjusting screws or putting tape. I'm happy about that. No change in sound quality or anything else. It does seem a bit "snappier" when going from vertical to horizontal but maybe I'm imagining that. I'm happy now.
    Last edited by momoboy; 01-11-09 at 03:45 PM.
    01-11-09 03:42 PM
    I cannot stand the light leakage.

01-11-09 04:15 PM
    I cannot stand the light leakage.

It's the light leakage from the side gaps (which is normal). There is NO light leakage between the layers
    01-11-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD