i havent powered up as of yet. but i just taking it out of the box and the clicking issue i had in he past......gone!!!!
    clicks the same everywhere.
    ill post up once i power it u and activate it, and let you know how it is.
    but if you are having issues with the screen clicking, return your phone and ask for a "BROWN BOX" unit. i think just the improved clicking is worth it.

be back later
    D.
    01-14-09 05:03 PM
    Thats sweet. I just orderd my replacement today and it should be here Friday and hopfully it doens't have the same clicking problems!
    01-14-09 05:08 PM
    Good to hear yours works good because I will be getting one in the next few days. Hopefully mines is as good as yours.
    01-14-09 05:13 PM
    What did they tell you they were sending you. A new or a like new unit. They sent me a like new unit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 05:14 PM
    What did they tell you they were sending you. A new or a like new unit. They sent me a like new unit

They didn't exactly say, but I'm past the 30 day mark so i'd assume that it will most likely be a refurbished unit.
    01-14-09 05:16 PM
    I should be receiving my replacement Storm tomorrow. I'm hoping mine works as good as yours. I'm hoping its not a refurbished one.
    01-14-09 05:21 PM
    hmm.... Mine works well but I am falling into that "Perfect phone syndrome" after reading so many threads on this forum.
    01-14-09 05:35 PM
    hmm.... Mine works well but I am falling into that "Perfect phone syndrome" after reading so many threads on this forum.
    what syndrone is that??
    01-14-09 05:44 PM
    DarwinMejia does your new storm have .85 on it?
    01-14-09 06:30 PM
    everyone should leave crackberry and watch the syracuse vs georgetown game on espn2
    01-14-09 06:32 PM
    It's been 100% checked out....that's why I requested a brown box "Certified like new" rather than a brand new one
    01-14-09 06:34 PM
    bummer. I just got a certified replacement and it was worse than my old phone.

01-14-09 07:21 PM
    i havent powered up as of yet. but i just taking it out of the box and the clicking issue i had in he past......gone!!!!
    clicks the same everywhere.
    ill post up once i power it u and activate it, and let you know how it is.
    but if you are having issues with the screen clicking, return your phone and ask for a "BROWN BOX" unit. i think just the improved clicking is worth it.

be back later
    D.
    that's genius
    01-14-09 07:22 PM
    bummer. I just got a certified replacement and it was worse than my old phone.

01-14-09 07:22 PM
    Someone asked if the phone had .85 on but I'm at work now and have yet to power it up.
    When I take a break later ill swap batteries and check what OS is loaded, the box said .75, but uve heard stories of replacement phones with leaked OS installed.
    D.

01-14-09 07:29 PM
    As did I.. After getting a helpful tech associate I will be receiving a NIB full package instead of another Certified replacement. Heres to hoping it gets better than my current device which compared to some of the Storms I have seen in the wild is very sub par.
    01-14-09 07:33 PM
    I got another refurbished one today and it seems to be pretty much perfect.

Screen clicks great and not much light is coming out from the gaps at all.

Hopefully the dust will stay out now.
    01-14-09 08:14 PM
    ok i powered it up and the OS is .75.
    the only thing i noticed is that the screen is a little "bluer" in tint, gotta play with it some more. will figure it out tomorrow when i activate it and play with it some more.
    its kinda tough to do a comparo cause i only have one battery but ill let you know tomorrow, btw im going to load up .86 so i can compare it to .75 before i transfer any of my contacts and 3rd party stuff.

peace
    D.
    01-14-09 08:30 PM
    Verizon is like a sewage plant. Their just recycling the same old shiat.

01-14-09 09:45 PM
    I replaced mine this week and they ended up shipping me a brand new phone since they were out of replacements. Made in Canada on 1-6-09, absolutely flawless so far, perfect click (I must have been in denial on how great the click was on my old one. WOW.) and came with .75 installed. I fought replacing it for some clicking issues, thinking I was simply tricking myself into thinking I had issues after reading all the problems on here. I'm SO glad I decided to call customer service, the difference is amazing.
    01-14-09 10:28 PM
    broke down and got my first replacement. mine was from launch day. White box replacement has the "screen" cling issue and rattles.
    shipped with .75 Mex 1-9-09.
    All this reminds me of having a palm treo... replace replace replace.
    01-15-09 06:07 AM
    Too many people springing for a replacement for no good reason

01-15-09 06:26 AM
    Too many people getting replacements for good reasons also. You should have seen the replacement that was sent to me.. They are even messing those up.. It's one thing to have click problems in a corner but to have them in the middle? Please.
    01-15-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD