11-22-08 12:38 PM
56 123
tools
    Mine is great! The acceleramator is a little slow when looking at pictures, though.
    11-21-08 04:08 PM
    it is a little slow and the typing is a little difficult but the more i do it, the better it gets. the speed thing is an issue though...

i do love the phone, though.
    11-21-08 04:20 PM
    When I got my Storm it worked a lot smoother than the store model for some reason. None of the problems above are present.
    11-21-08 04:36 PM
    I also am not having those issues
    11-21-08 04:37 PM
    Guys guys do not complain. We in the uk have the os prior to yours and ours seem to be running
    Fine. Its just a case of getting used to it!! I love mine, had it for a week now and can't put it
    Down!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 04:46 PM
    Negative people when what they expect.. duh.. a negative piece of equipment..

I love mine.. its the sh**T!!!! I had the 8830 and I always push the short cut button on the side.. so it waits for a command.. lol.. my only problem is that I have only 2 powerbars but I get emails, messages and the web.. so Im not sure if the 2bars mean anything to me cuz it works..

Yeeey for BB-Storm !!!!!!!!!!
    11-21-08 04:49 PM
    i played with a storm in a local verizon store and was deeply disappointed. they need to fix the bugs and update the OS. The iphone was better at launch than this device. Ill stick with the Bold, no problems at all....
    11-21-08 04:51 PM
    Glad I read thru the thread.

You all give me hope that I didn't make a big mistake pre-ordering all my accessories.

Now if Verizon will just take responsibility for their craptacular launch effort and let us know what's going on and when we'll get the phone's we waited in line for and then had to order, I'd be much happier.
    11-21-08 05:06 PM
    I have had 0 problems with mine. Everything works great and texting is just as easy for me as it was on the pearl. This phone ROCKS!
    11-21-08 05:07 PM
    I haven't had any problems either. the accelarometer works just fine, the speed of the phone is great. right now im just trying to get used to using the keyboard. other than that i dont have any issues. i think its a good phone.
    11-21-08 05:22 PM
    As in the other thread, I am happy with mine. Worth the money to me!
    11-21-08 05:30 PM
    I don't have the storm but I have the bold and have had some issues with the camera starting for no reason also.
    11-21-08 05:38 PM
    can't believe ppl r saying they are happy with the Storm's performance. there are obvious issues, but yet ppl are satisfied!

i passed on it based on reviews and playing with it for a few minutes in the store.

remember - the moveable screen will aid in collecting dust/lint
    11-21-08 05:40 PM
    OR experienced with BB. Of course it was the shortcut key opening the camera. Elementary Watson.
    Blackberry 101. "Daaaaaaaaaa", as the young 'uns say.

And about the buttons being cheap...even on the pre release versions I've played with, no they don't. I'm not even 100% you really have the phone.
    11-21-08 05:43 PM
    Daaaaaaaaaa shortcut key!

QUOTE=ncbuckeye;1014581]I don't have the storm but I have the bold and have had some issues with the camera starting for no reason also.[/QUOTE]
    11-21-08 05:46 PM
    I have been religously reading this forum regarding the Storm for several months. My verizon contract was up a few months back. Although I've never owned a Blackberry, several people in the office own Curves. I was about to upgrade to a Curve when I started reading about the Storm. I figure I'd wait a few weeks (slowly turned into months). I couldn't wait to get my hands one one. The employees at the Verizon store were probably getting tired of me coming in every week trying to get updated information. I figure I would finally enter the 21st century in terms of technology.

After reading some negative reviews on this board and other places (CNET), I decided I wouldn't buy one today, but instead try the demo for an extended period and either order one or walk away. I chose to walk away, and it absolutely kills me to have to do so after looking forward to the device for such a long time.

I tried the demo for over an hour in the store. I was actually impressed with the quality of the device. It looks like it could take a beating. The performance simply isn't there, and I can't imagine it improving that much with a few updates.

First, the typing is very difficult. I realize this might take some getting use to, so I will give it a pass. I've tried a few Iphones, and I wasn't the greatest typist on them either.

Second, navigating the internet is very difficult. I simply tried to hit the sports link from Yahoo, a procedure I figure I'd do about 20 time a day on my future blackberry. Perhaps my fingers are too big, but it is very problematic trying to choose links on a given page. I recall hearing the CNet reviewer stating this device really needed a mouse similar to the Curve. I dismissed it when I first read it. Now I understand why.

Third, I simply tried to reach this forum via the Storm browser. Getting to Crackberry didn't take that long, however, choosing the Storm forum took about 2 minutes to load, and when the page came up, I got error messages and the browser crashed. I had other difficulties with other websites. Now I assume this will get better with updates, but it needs to get significantly better in my opinion to be of any use.

Finally, I was just unimpressed with the entire phone. I tried nearly every application, and came away with the impression that it was a very awkward and unstable device.

I'm not a huge fan of the IPhone either, but this device is no IPhone. It brings me back to the days when I bought a Betamax thinking they would eventually eat away at the VHS market. If the Storm didn't have the Blackberry name on it, it would be considered a very inferior IPhone knockoff.

I will be buying a Blackberry in the future. It just won't be this phone. I hope I don't offend any current Storm owners. However, anyone that currently owns this device and loves it has seriously lowered the bar on what to expect with smartphones.
    11-21-08 06:10 PM
    Can anyone give me some info on how the click pad works? The reviews I've read were all pretty much the same that they didnt like how the typing was for texting, etc. I'm counting on you Crackberries for a more honest, and thorough review!

Thanks in advance.
    Think one big mouse button similar to the MAC......really disappointing
    11-21-08 06:20 PM
    So Steve - what are you using now? It just sounds like you don't have an BB expereince. The typing thing and getting sites such as Yahoo Sports and stuff should be a breeze when you are familar with browsing with a BB. If you are a Newbie with BB's we all probably agree a CURVE might be your best bet. It does everything and a bit more user friendly, albeit a little slower, Edge vs 3G.

PS - I am in and out checking scores and "lines" all the time too so the Curve can handle it and it just might be your best bet for now. Good Luck.
    11-21-08 06:21 PM
    can't believe ppl r saying they are happy with the Storm's performance. there are obvious issues, but yet ppl are satisfied!

i passed on it based on reviews and playing with it for a few minutes in the store.

Honeymoon phase. That's all I can say. Even so, there have been a LOT of negative comments about this device. I think it's in trouble...
    11-21-08 06:24 PM
    It's ok, you guys can bask in your negativity while we have fun .
    11-21-08 06:26 PM
    as my grandfather used to say "this storm will blow over in a few minutes"
    11-21-08 06:29 PM
    I'm just wondering how many Storm lovers are new BB owners ??
    11-21-08 06:30 PM

HEY Bonehead we all don't have issues.
    1. Most of the issues are from people who bought the phone with no idea what they are doing.
    2. The screen is sealed so how do you get dust in it....
    Got mine this morning first thing I did was a battery pull and it has been smokin all day.
    11-21-08 06:32 PM
    HEY Bonehead we all don't have issues.
    1. Most of the issues are from people who bought the phone with no idea what they are doing.
    2. The screen is sealed so how do you get dust in it....
    Got mine this morning first thing I did was a battery pull and it has been smokin all day.
    Yep same here.
    11-21-08 06:36 PM
    Mine re-started randomly once, I did a battery pull and its been working great all day. You gotta wonder about someones opinion about this phone when they are hitting convenience keys and thinking the phone is broken.
    11-21-08 06:52 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD