So I just finished a battery pull with Quickpull and gave it a good 3 min. to get completely booted up. I loaded the Facebook app to check a photo comment, and while the photo was loading I put the phone in the holster because I had to tend to something else going on at the moment. When I pull my phone back out of the holster, I see that the phone has restarted and was in that process of rebooting.

Now I don't know how credible this information is towards .113 and if it was somehow connected to the BB being holstered, but I just thought I would report it to you guys and see what you think. I will repost with more findings on this issue.
    Last edited by strife5; 03-30-09 at 08:40 PM.
    03-30-09 08:00 PM
    I'd say unless you can duplicate this repetedly, it's just a fluke.
    03-30-09 09:10 PM
    Could be a bug in the Facebook app, too.... Or a random reboot with no good cause....... Sounds WAY too one-off to be a real problem.....

Also doesn't seem to be a reason to keep a release from coming out, any OS out there will have a list of known issues, and they are usually very specific to a set of circumstances, much like your issue. Could be the app just doesn't like the phone going into sleep mode while it's busy.
    03-30-09 09:45 PM
    I've done some more testing and yes, Civic, I'm starting to believe that it was just a fluke. And Dave, I agree with you totally. I think as new OS leaks become revealed, there might be some issues with specific apps (like Facebook) just because the program hasn't been re-written for the updated OS. Now I'm sure that whoever designs the OS's that they somewhat test them with a multitude of apps, but yes, there will always be a bug somewhere (big and/or small).
    03-30-09 10:12 PM
    Only time i have had reboots is when doing the copy and past method to move movies over to the micro sd, took 5 movies, droped them down to 350mb mp4 format and had 3 random reboots out of 5 movie transfers..lol once there they play great.. but that the only time i have experienced that. Also i have a verizon case with the magnetic latch on it and just noticed that messing with it, when you open the case and the magnet moves away from the phone the screen comes on, and when ya close the case and the magnet gets close to the screen the screen shuts off.. lol never noticed that before..lol
    03-30-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD