06-01-09 11:34 AM
37 12
tools
    im in the same boat as you with the hole mac thing.....but im up to 52% now 3 hours later...
    My OTA download seemed to have frozen as well, no progress for a long time and the data arrows were not flashing anymore. I didn't want to battery pull and lose everything, but I did pause the download, turned off the wireless radio, then turned it back on and resumed the download and it picked up again right away. I only left the radio off for about 30 seconds. It worked for me and my friend as well...total OTA download process took over 2 hours but was successful! Good luck everyone, hope this helps you too!!!
    05-31-09 11:34 PM
    i tried the OTA and was stuck on 11 percent for 2 hours so then i just used the DM and it only took about 30 min and it was all done no loss or anything
    06-01-09 12:15 AM
    Here's a question: do people who still had .75 get an email or an sms from verizon telling you about the update? I've been running the .148 leak for awhile and haven't received any notification. I figured that since I was running an unofficial os I wouldn't get one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was running .114 Hybrid 3, and I got the email Sunday afternoon.

The upgrade stalled on the first attempt. After rebooting my computer and a battery pull, the upgrade went fine. Had to register a couple of apps of course.
    06-01-09 12:28 AM
    ota lasted just 2 hours..
    06-01-09 01:15 AM
    Here's a question: do people who still had .75 get an email or an sms from verizon telling you about the update? I've been running the .148 leak for awhile and haven't received any notification. I figured that since I was running an unofficial os I wouldn't get one.

I was still running .75, and I did not get an email/sms from verizon telling me about the update. Neither did my wife! I did however have the benefit of having an in-law working as an account exec. for "big red", forward us her email the night before the update was to be released...
    06-01-09 04:37 AM
    This is not a bump, woke up at 6 this morning to start my wifes ota, no joke 10 mins to download. I should of waited

06-01-09 06:21 AM
    i cant get 148 anywhere,

I tried OTA but i have 113, so that wont work, I tried DM and it says no updates available. What gives?

Do i need to downgrade to .75? or do I need to do the install like a leaked version?
    Last edited by Jshakour; 06-01-09 at 07:58 AM.
    06-01-09 07:34 AM
    I did the update last night, got a message before the download stating that I did not have enough memory, and to remove unnecessary personal data to make room for it. I had plenty (880 MB) of device memory free and 7.3 GB free on the memory card, so apparently it was application memory that was the issue, as that was only at 14MB free. The message was a bit misleading with the reference to deleting personal data, as I did a battery pull and the OTA download started fine after that.

Took about 4 hours total. I am a very happy Storm owner now The UI is much, much, more responsive and the new features I am discovering are great. There is the "colorbanding" present, but it is barely noticeable, and could likely be rectified by some icons that make use of the supported color palette by dithering.

My rating:
    06-01-09 09:19 AM
    I did the update last night, got a message before the download stating that I did not have enough memory, and to remove unnecessary personal data to make room for it. I had plenty (880 MB) of device memory free and 7.3 GB free on the memory card, so apparently it was application memory that was the issue, as that was only at 14MB free. The message was a bit misleading with the reference to deleting personal data, as I did a battery pull and the OTA download started fine after that.

Took about 4 hours total. I am a very happy Storm owner now The UI is much, much, more responsive and the new features I am discovering are great. There is the "colorbanding" present, but it is barely noticeable, and could likely be rectified by some icons that make use of the supported color palette by dithering.

My rating:
    After an OTA download, it asked me to delete personal memory as well. I didn't do that, all I did was a quickpull and then when the phone came up, it performed the upgrade fine.
    06-01-09 09:20 AM
    23% done in 15 mintues so far.
    06-01-09 09:40 AM
    Mine's been going since 10:00 Pm est. and its stuck at 85%
    06-01-09 09:55 AM
    Well I'm still trying to upgrade ota it kept freezing and when I got past the backup part I still got nothing did a battery pull nothing still on .75 what gives guess I gotta do it over

06-01-09 11:34 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD