So today I was helping my GF's friend move her brand new bed from a sear's outlet to our apartment and she spilled ranch sauce all over it. I couldn't clean it out so I tried 91% isopropyl. Yea....doesn't play nice with the screen. There's bunch of spots and stuff all over but the screen still works. Have it coming tomorrow Saturday delivery for just 50 bucks. So for those of you that haven't bought insurance yet, you should always have it I'm sure glad I had it.
    05-08-09 10:54 PM
    My phone replacement was free because there's a one year warranty from vzw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 11:17 PM
    My phone replacement was free because there's a one year warranty from vzw

There's a 1 year manufacturers warranty. Not a damaged / lost or stolen warranty. The 1 year warranty would not cover his damage.

05-08-09 11:28 PM
    Did the ranch sauce fix any of the bugs?
    05-09-09 12:30 AM
    Did the ranch sauce fix any of the bugs?
    I would think ranch sauce would attract bugs... =p

05-09-09 12:42 AM
    At this point, smothering the phone in ranch couldn't hurt the performance of this phone...

Anyways, good thing you had the insurance, you never know when you are going to need it! I remember a few years ago I left my phone in my board shorts and went into a jacuzzi! It was gone instantly!
    05-09-09 12:47 AM
    You only get 2 claims so be careful after that they dump you. Happened to me a few years ago. Accidents do happen though.
    05-09-09 01:24 AM
    You only get 2 claims so be careful after that they dump you. Happened to me a few years ago. Accidents do happen though.
    I believe the 2 claim limit is for lost or stolen phones, not damaged equipment that you'd be sending back.
    05-16-09 12:45 AM
    If you have purchased and paid for an insurance policy only to find out that the insurance provider refuses or denies your claim by the time you want to avail of the benefits that you are entitled to under the policy, then the next best thing that you should do is to get a lawyer who can help you win your case. If you are based in Texas, Beaumont insurance claim lawyer can more conveniently assist you in protecting your interest under the policy. There are actually many firms and lawyers in Beaumont that has the expertise and the practice experience in managing insurance claims of defrauded clients.
    ...i feel as though i am watching a late night commercial for berg and associates
    05-16-09 12:45 AM
    I believe the 2 claim limit is for lost or stolen phones, not damaged equipment that you'd be sending back.
    A claim is a claim, regardless of the reason.

05-16-09 02:55 AM
    A claim is a claim, regardless of the reason.

I have been with verizon for a while, and i've had geez about 60 phones... most were manufacture mess ups, but 5 in a years time is the limit I'm pretty sure unless they changed it recently, but either way the limit is for a year. And last year they replaced my venus 3 times. if you damage it and its past your limit switch it to someone who hasn't reached theirs, if they phone transfers they can take it back and get a new one for $50. Don't throw away those old ones, sell em to someone with insurance.
    05-16-09 03:02 AM
    Ur talking about manufacturer issues, not lost/stolen/damaged.

05-16-09 03:05 AM
    Both my wife and I have the insurance on our Storms. I plan on keeping it until the "New-Every-Two" is up after which point I will let it lapse knowing I can get a new, reasonably priced unit instead.

It's worth it in my mind Just in case it drops in the toilet or something.
    05-16-09 03:19 AM
    There is a difference between Warranty and Insurance.

The Insurance just about covers everything and is good for 2 times a calendar year. I just replaced my wife's razr and had to go through all that.
    05-16-09 04:09 AM

The Insurance just about covers everything and is good for 2 times a calendar year. I just replaced my wife's razr and had to go through all that.
    The question is, if they send you a defective unit and send you another....does it count as 2?
    05-16-09 04:33 AM

Then I really don't see what the point of paying monthly for insurance is... But I'm not going to cancel it.
    05-16-09 04:39 AM
    The question is, if they send you a defective unit and send you another....does it count as 2?
    I wouldn't think so because they have not completed the first request if they send you a defective unit.

In fact, I did have to call in regarding the battery they sent with the replacement. It would hold half a charge and would not completely charge up. They were going to send me a replacement battery, but when I found out that they did not want me to send in the battery or charger for the original phone. I dropped the subject and just used the original battery I had. So now I have a half-@ssed spare battery.
    05-16-09 05:35 AM
    Then I really don't see what the point of paying monthly for insurance is... But I'm not going to cancel it.
    Sorry, but I do not get what you are trying to say.

The warranty that comes with the phone for the first year is to cover manufacturer issues. It isn't going to cover it if you crack the screen cuz u left it out and your 2 yr old got thier hands on it.
    However, the insurance will cover it , for a fee. your monthly fee and the $50 when you file a claim.

I must admit, that the Razr goes for $60 now, and I paid $50. on top of the insurance monthly fee. so in reallity, I am spending more than I should.
    05-16-09 05:40 AM
    Yeah its only for 2 claims a year but i dont think they dump you.
    05-16-09 07:09 AM
    Yeah its only for 2 claims a year but i dont think they dump you.
    after the 2nd completed claim withing 12 months, they do drop the coverage.
    05-16-09 10:25 AM
    I couldn't clean it out so I tried 91% isopropyl. Yea....doesn't play nice with the screen. There's bunch of spots and stuff all over but the screen still works.
    There is NO possible way that 91% isopropyl ruined a GLASS screen. Most likely, there is still a screen protector in there from the factory, and that is what got ruined. Check very CAREFULLY. Alot of people miss the factory film. It is IMPOSSIBLE for isopropyl to ruin a GLASS screen.
    05-16-09 01:11 PM
    Unless he used an SOS pad.

05-16-09 01:25 PM
    Sorry, but I do not get what you are trying to say.

The warranty that comes with the phone for the first year is to cover manufacturer issues. It isn't going to cover it if you crack the screen cuz u left it out and your 2 yr old got thier hands on it.
    However, the insurance will cover it , for a fee. your monthly fee and the $50 when you file a claim.

I must admit, that the Razr goes for $60 now, and I paid $50. on top of the insurance monthly fee. so in reallity, I am spending more than I should.
    I'm saying that what is the purpose of paying a certain amount of money on insurance for a phone every month if we can only use it twice. It seems kind of weird to me, but then again, I'm weird too.
    05-16-09 01:33 PM
    I say better safe than sorry...
    05-16-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD