and everything seems to be working fine.. but after a battery pull i only have 28.9MB of memory..

the only apps i have downloaded are weatherbug, pandora, poynt, quickpull, and dynostorm.. with all the original apps still there, but i dont use hardly and apps ever..

why would this only be 28.9MB, i have seen people have around 40-45MB with more apps running, and no memory leak..

havent had it running long enough to see if i have memory leak but before i downloaded .148 i had memory leak

any help is appreciated
    05-28-09 07:26 PM
    I would do a couple more battery pulls (like 1 or 2 more), and wait for 15 or 20 seconds before putting the battery back in.

Also, it takes some time for the OS to "settle in", and you may see improved performance over the next few days.

Don't sweat it for now... wait a few days and see how it is running then.
    05-28-09 07:27 PM
    and everything seems to be working fine.. but after a battery pull i only have 28.9MB of memory..

the only apps i have downloaded are weatherbug, pandora, poynt, quickpull, and dynostorm.. with all the original apps still there, but i dont use hardly and apps ever..

why would this only be 28.9MB, i have seen people have around 40-45MB with more apps running, and no memory leak..

havent had it running long enough to see if i have memory leak but before i downloaded .148 i had memory leak

any help is appreciated
    im not sure about the others but weatherbug is a huge memory suck. but if the phone is working fine then dont put too much thought into it. just use it and relish in the thought that you have a storm and someone else doesnt
    05-28-09 07:29 PM
    Do you have any themes installed? Some themes will take up app memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 07:30 PM
    nope no themes..

i downloaded the iberry one once, but deleted it right away as it seemed to slow my BB down..

so no themes, no wallpapers.. pretty much a plain storm.. i dont really use it that much hahaha
    05-28-09 07:32 PM
    I would do a couple more battery pulls (like 1 or 2 more), and wait for 15 or 20 seconds before putting the battery back in.

Also, it takes some time for the OS to "settle in", and you may see improved performance over the next few days.

Don't sweat it for now... wait a few days and see how it is running then.
    im trying your idea of doing a couple more battery pulls and waiting to put battery back in..

not really sweating it.. just wondering if it was normal? since everyone else is praising how much memory they have..

i was running .103 before this.. and was content with that.. so anything better is good for me.. not too picky
    05-28-09 07:34 PM
    yeah give the OS a little time to settle. i just picked up another new storm today and did the device switch with dm which upgraded my OS without me telling it to. already just within the last few hours its picking up a little. give it time, this too shall pass...
    05-28-09 07:35 PM
    alright cool sounds good..

appreciate it
    05-28-09 07:38 PM
    i have around the same about wth same Os so im guessing it is normal
    05-28-09 07:40 PM
    I too had a real problem getting any more than about 30 to 32 megs at startup. What finally got mine to about 41 was when I installed Lyricidal's .148/5.0 hybrid. I don't think it had much to do with the hybrid part, but the Shrin-A-OS that is part of the hybrid install. i got rid of all my languages, help files, docs to go (never used them) hearing impaired junk (junk as long as you can hear) and all the social site stuff. You can always add that stuff back if you need to and you can run the Shrink program (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sh...icidal-193905/) without installing a hybrid.

As to WeatherBug, I love that app and the radar that none of the others seem to have way too much to get rid of it. As long as my Storm doesn't lag, I really don't care what the mem shows.

Grey
    05-28-09 07:43 PM
    just as a goof i did another battery pull just now and it just booted up at 51.1MB. the first time i checked it today it was around 29 so....
    i dont have any extra themes either and a small selection of apps.
    05-28-09 07:45 PM
    hmmm that gives me hopes..

why does it take a while for the OS to "settle" in..

just sounds stupid to me
    05-28-09 07:48 PM
    Well, memory is directly correlated to what's on the phone. You should definitely shrink the OS and uninstall larger programs. I typically don't download anything larger than 700kb. I boot up with 59mb and have a few games and apps installed.
    05-28-09 07:50 PM
    how do u shrink the OS?

sorry kind of a newb to BB.. first BB got about 4months ago..

not a hardcore user.. and this is only my 2nd update..
    05-28-09 07:52 PM
    how do u shrink the OS?

sorry kind of a newb to BB.. first BB got about 4months ago..

not a hardcore user.. and this is only my 2nd update..
    Read this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sh...icidal-193905/

He explains it better than I can.

Grey
    05-28-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD