So, I just downloaded .1015. Went to my options, check for up date and there she be. I read a lot of threads about .1015 and decided to give it a try. Its been a hour and everything is working fine, seems better. I've noticed the few changes. So far I've had none of the posted problems....yet??? It does seem to take longer to boot. Is there anything I should watch for? One thing I've learned. With every upgrade...comes a problem, be small or big...there's always something...LOL! So far it seems to be a good thing. I will keep a close eye on my phone and CrackBerry for anything new. THANKS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 01:00 AM
    I too have .1015 hot off the presses. Just did the update an hour ago. So far seems fine. I've heard there are issues with the clock in BEDSIDE mode. Haven't tried that yet, but there is a fix for it. There is also some problem with OpenGL, but I don't play the games that would exploit that problem. There is NOT a fix for that. I'll keep my eyes open (well perhaps not literally as I shall be retiring very shortly).
    12-02-10 01:19 AM
    It's got plenty of bugs, you just haven't encountered them.

Try reading this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=545925
    12-02-10 07:20 AM
    works fine here. I don't do games on my S2, and I'm not concerned about Bedside Mode, so for me, 1015 is a keeper.
    stang.girl likes this.
    12-02-10 09:26 AM
    But, there are those who do game, so the build is essentially broken. I hate to say it, but to mask the bugs inherent in the build because a feature, or two, aren't used, is like I said earlier, turning a blind eye to the reality of the situation. Scour for 517, with a decent hybrid, and that's the winning recipe for S2 success.
    12-02-10 09:31 AM
    But, there are those who do game, so the build is essentially broken. I hate to say it, but to mask the bugs inherent in the build because a feature, or two, aren't used, is like I said earlier, turning a blind eye to the reality of the situation. Scour for 517, with a decent hybrid, and that's the winning recipe for S2 success.
    I'm not turning a "blind eye"; I acknowledged in my last post that there are functions I don't use. How in the **** is that "turning a blind eye"??
    12-02-10 09:32 AM
    works fine here. I don't do games on my S2, and I'm not concerned about Bedside Mode, so for me, 1015 is a keeper.
    Dave seems to me like you noticed the flaws, but noted that they are of no relevance to you.

Sounds like you have both eyes looking at it, no blind eye there.

If you ask me, if there is a flaw with a gaming component, but you dont play games, and everything else works fine and well, then to say "so for me, 1015 is a keeper" Is a very valid opinion and may help others in the same situation as you to make a better decision.

Oh well cant please em all.
    1812dave likes this.
    12-03-10 12:26 PM
    It's not about "pleasing" anyone, but if Verizon makes it official, to say, put their stamp of approval on a OS that's broken, I gotta call em out on it.

It's the principle of the matter. An update is supposed to improve things, but as I've often believed, newer isn't always better.
    12-03-10 12:42 PM
    It's not about "pleasing" anyone, but if Verizon makes it official, to say, put their stamp of approval on a OS that's broken, I gotta call em out on it.

It's the principle of the matter. An update is supposed to improve things, but as I've often believed, newer isn't always better.
    No OS is perfect. deal with it. Let me repeat myself: "NO OS is perfect".
    12-03-10 01:53 PM
    I can deal with bugs. But, if those bugs affect major feature sets, I have a little problem with that, that's all.
    12-03-10 02:29 PM
    I can deal with bugs. But, if those bugs affect major feature sets, I have a little problem with that, that's all.
    so would I. I just happen not to care about any of the issues reported in 1015.
    12-03-10 02:33 PM

You'll never get dave to understand this. As long as the issues don't affect him (as stated above), the software is "fine" and/or "flawless". For him ignorance is bliss.
    12-03-10 02:42 PM
    Downloaded it this am and so far so good. Seems snappier and better responsiveness

12-03-10 02:45 PM
    i dont use opengl games either or bedside mode so like dave this one is fine for my needs.

If it doesn't fit your needs then there are problems with the OS, but if it works for what you need it for then thats all that matters.
    12-03-10 03:11 PM
    I have had the Verizon version of this installed for the past 24 hours since I got my phone back with it's new screen and I have not had any issues other then it seems slower and perhaps a little laggy. Not sure why but there is a definite difference between .713 and .1015 to me. Also I have been using a Storm 1 for the past three weeks while waiting for my S2 to come back. not sure if that has anything to do with the problem.

Anyone else noticed the lag?
    12-03-10 04:05 PM
    You'll never get dave to understand this. As long as the issues don't affect him (as stated above), the software is "fine" and/or "flawless". For him ignorance is bliss.
    Here is Dave enjoying a nice juicy steak... lol
    pcgizmo#IM likes this.
    12-03-10 04:40 PM
    Well being the OP, I've loved reading everybody's thoughts,
    Problems and opion's. I myself have only had the clock problem...not showing while charging. You know what who gives a ****!!! I sleep while my phone charges so I could care less. So, with that said, its been a VERY good OS for me and fits all my needs. Thank you everybody for making and keeping this post alive with your input and opion's!!!

stang.girl likes this.
    12-03-10 05:04 PM
    Odd as I have not had the bedside mode problem. Plug in my phone with .1015 installed and it goes straight to the clock and then "Entering Bedside Mode".
    12-03-10 05:10 PM
    lmao....Civic I can't tell you how glad I am to have you in the 9550 forums.
    12-03-10 07:52 PM
    I have had the Verizon version of this installed for the past 24 hours since I got my phone back with it's new screen and I have not had any issues other then it seems slower and perhaps a little laggy. Not sure why but there is a definite difference between .713 and .1015 to me. Also I have been using a Storm 1 for the past three weeks while waiting for my S2 to come back. not sure if that has anything to do with the problem.

Anyone else noticed the lag?
    dialing was very slow on my S2 today (running 1015). that's something that's plagued me from time to time on all the other builds I've run since Feb. (.320) A battery pull fixes it (temporarily).
    12-03-10 11:29 PM
    So, I just downloaded .1015. Went to my options, check for up date and there she be. I read a lot of threads about .1015 and decided to give it a try. Its been a hour and everything is working fine, seems better. I've noticed the few changes. So far I've had none of the posted problems....yet??? It does seem to take longer to boot. Is there anything I should watch for? One thing I've learned. With every upgrade...comes a problem, be small or big...there's always something...LOL! So far it seems to be a good thing. I will keep a close eye on my phone and CrackBerry for anything new. THANKS!

Hey, OP here. So, I had to remove .1015 tonight. I live in a area that ALWAYS has service...starting at 4 tonight my phone started cutting in and out. Finaly at 6 it just wad a X no service at all, nothing would work AT ALL!!!! So I'm back to .713 and its freezing and not being .713. I give up......I know OS are not perfect, but come on this is crazy!!!!

12-04-10 03:39 AM
    Hey, OP here. So, I had to remove .1015 tonight. I live in a area that ALWAYS has service...starting at 4 tonight my phone started cutting in and out. Finaly at 6 it just wad a X no service at all, nothing would work AT ALL!!!! So I'm back to .713 and its freezing and not being .713. I give up......I know OS are not perfect, but come on this is crazy!!!!

Did you ever stop to think that it might be an issue with the network or maybe even a new hardware issue with your phone that's complete coincidence? If downgrading to .713 didn't fix your issues, then it's not the OS.
    12-04-10 07:17 AM
    PRL, perhaps? Also, is your S2, naked? I'm realizing those guards, protectors, etc. slightly affect your signal strength. This is from my personal experience. If someone has more empirical evidence, I'd like to see it
    12-04-10 08:52 AM
    works fine here. I don't do games on my S2, and I'm not concerned about Bedside Mode, SO FOR HIM, 1015 is a keeper.
    I also don't use either. SO FOR ME, 1015 is a keeper as well.

12-04-10 08:59 AM
    I've been running 1015 now for a few days, and it's fine for me. I'll go ahead and assume the OpenGL is broken, but I don't phone game, so I have no idea. The BEDSIDE MODE thing really is no big deal. After I plug the phone in for the night, I press the clock, click MENU, and choose BEDSIDE MODE. Sets me back about 5 seconds. I guess it's a little snapier...I guess, but I DO get to put "...1015" in my signature now (was "...713").

I think the OP meant to relay his experience with the OS. I don't think he meant to suggest it was a perfect OS. I can certainly understand a person's position on being frustrated with an OS supported by Verizon that leaves some functions disabled, but I'm pretty sure no one was suggesting it was a perfect OS. Perhaps a question should be asked...does it work for you?
    12-04-10 09:11 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD