That must be it. People buying the Storm for entertainment causing all the negative hype?

I hate AT&T's network and customer service. Plus, I'm a global traveler, so I'm limited with Verizon to the Storm or the 8830. The Storm fits me far better because I mainly read e-mails when away from my laptop. The touch screen typing was interesting at first, but I got the hang of it. But to be able to read basically a full screen of e-mail and to be able to go between e-mails and page down with the swipe of a finger? That's priceless to me. The Storm is a huge winner in my book. But yes, I am a BES consumer.

The other night I deleted my samples directory without thinking about the ringtones. So when reloading the OS, I popped on .132. Honestly, I can't tell a difference except for the full portrait keyboard and the phone icon. But then again, I mainly use my Storm for Mail, Calendar and Contacts. It keeps me up to date and organized. What do you expect with the upgrades? The juice simply doesn't appear to be worth the squeeze.

With that said, I'm in IT and programs that leak memory should be in the history books along with punch cards and 300bps modems. There is no excuse for misbehaving memory allocations.

The Storm, while not perfect, has been the proverbial lifesaver for me in an environment that is constantly pushing us to do more with less.

Look at it this way too, there aren't many computers (Unix aside) that can run days without having to reboot. Can we really expect more from a hand held computer?
    05-14-09 10:49 PM
    You read through threads like this and it is so easy to spot the spoiled kids who are used to getting everything they want, and the adults that have brains and common sense.
    So those who spend $200 plus $360/year on data and are happy with a buggy, old OS do have common sense...
    05-14-09 11:28 PM
    Look for the silver lining. The Storm 2 will probably be even worse than the Storm 1!
    05-15-09 12:30 AM
    You read through threads like this and it is so easy to spot the spoiled kids who are used to getting everything they want, and the adults that have brains and common sense.

No, the "adults" with "brains and common sense" never bought a Storm in the first place.
    05-15-09 12:32 AM
    One Storm and NO problems, huh? Weird?!
    05-15-09 12:38 AM
    This is really unacceptable. What we purchased was a beta phone. Now I have to spend months with leaks that 99% of the time have huge bugs, or hybirds which I am not comfortable with.

I feel taken advantage of and I paid for it. We could have waited 2 years an pick up a Storm 2 that actually has a phone that works, rings, and does not have lag. We would have a camera that works and of course a better platform and stable apps.

If I could, I would throw this out the nearest window, but then I would have to pay the large disconnection fee.

4 month, forget it, I'm out.
    Do you need a dump truck for all that sand pouring out of your ******?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 01:34 AM
    Do you need a dump truck for all that sand pouring out of your ******?

LMFAO!!! Good stuff!
    05-15-09 01:43 AM
    LMFAO!!! Good stuff!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Honestly if anyone has a storm and really wants a different phone pm me I will
    Give you all the answers...for a small finders fee of course.

05-15-09 01:54 AM
    No, the "adults" with "brains and common sense" never bought a Storm in the first place.
    No, adults with brains and common sense know that they have a phone that they can use to read email, browse the net, track appointments and meetings, etc. They have brains and common sense because they know it's a phone, it isn't a mini laptop. It doesn't have the capabilities of a full computer. The cry babies have this dillusion that a phone can and should be able to compete with a full computer.
    05-15-09 02:30 AM
    Whatever.... I paid for this phone and I'm paying for the bill. If people want to complain let them. I personally am not happy with such an early release on the storm 2.

05-15-09 03:29 AM
    Or decided it wasn't for them within the trial period and exchanged it for something else.
    05-15-09 10:51 AM
    But if my Storm doesn't bring me breakfast in bed, change the oil in my car, walk the dogs, balance the federal budget, cure cancer, solve world hunger, and bring about world peace, while making me irresistible to members of the opposite sex, it clearly is a POS!
    Personally, I am convinced Blackberry fanatics are worse than Apple fanatics. You hate decent, don't want to hear other opinions and rants, and blame all the problems back on the OP. In the business world, this is called a formula of failure.
    05-15-09 10:56 AM
    Would you like some cheese??????
    Oh and don't forget the whine.....
    Little cry baby.

The OP is right. The thing is a piece of ****. When there are devices on the market at the same price point that work, why is it unreasonable to expect the Storm to work as advertised.

You see the commercials of the dude checking his bank and blazing through emails. The real commercial would show him pulling the battery in embarrassment and waiting 5 minutes for the thing to boot and crash again.
    05-15-09 10:58 AM
    How many of you buy a first generation of anything these days and expect it to work flawless? ESPECIALLY when it comes to cell phones.

I have my own complaints with this phone and yea I'm pissed about no official update from Verizon too, but when I bought this phone I realized, ok, first generation phone of a new line I assume its going to have some problems. I didn't think it would have this many though but still.
    05-15-09 11:03 AM
    How about instead I ask where this arrogant sense of entitlement came from?
    You are the arrogant one. You think that people are selfish because they feel they are "entitled" to a device that works as well as any other BB device released by RIM? We are entitled to better because we are frakin' paying for the device, the software, and the network it runs on. This is not a device handed out to us to free to use on some publicly funded, not for profit network. We are paying top dollar to "for profit" corporations.

We are entitled to whatever we can afford through hard work, ingenuity, or a combination of both. I understand this is not popular with the liberal mentality like yours that like to name call hard working Americans "arrogant" or "entitled". Just because you don't feel like YOU are entitled to a device or service worthy of the money you are paying for it doesn't mean the rest of use aren't.

Stop making an @sshat of yourself in these forums by ferociously and blindly defending two VERY large CAPITALISTIC companies like RIM and VZW. You aren't defending some great cause like civil liberties or public radio. They are big corporations sucking in our dollars and WE HAVE THE RIGHT as consumers to demand better for our money. And WE HAVE THE RIGHT as consumers to complain about poor products and services whether YOU agree with it or not.

YOU don't have the right to tell anyone what they should be happy with. YOU don't have that sort of power and NO ONE cares what YOU think. If you are happy with your Storm, take it and yourself back to the regular forums and STOP TROLLING THE RANTS!!!
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 05-15-09 at 11:26 AM.
    05-15-09 11:19 AM
    You are the arrogant one. You think that people are selfish because they feel they are "entitled" to a device that works as well as any other BB device released by RIM? We are entitled to better because we are frakin' paying for the device, the software, and the network it runs on. This is not a device handed out to us to free to use on some publicly funded, not for profit network. We are paying top dollar to "for profit" corporations.

We are entitled to whatever we can afford through hard work, ingenuity, or a combination of both. I understand this is not popular with the liberal mentality like yours that like to name call hard working Americans "arrogant" or "entitled". Just because you don't feel like YOU are entitled to a device or service worthy of the money you are paying for it doesn't mean the rest of use aren't.

Stop making an @sshat of yourself in these forums by ferociously and blindly defending two VERY large CAPITALISTIC companies like RIM and VZW. You aren't defending some great cause like civil liberties or public radio. They are big corporations sucking in our dollars and WE HAVE THE RIGHT as consumers to demand better for our money. And WE HAVE THE RIGHT as consumers to complain about poor products and services whether YOU agree with it or not.

YOU don't have the right to tell anyone what they should be happy with. YOU don't have that sort of power and NO ONE cares what YOU think. If you are happy with your Storm, take it and yourself back to the regular forums and STOP TROLLING THE RANTS!!!
    I could not have said it any better. Also take into account that Verizon is one of the most expensive as well!
    05-15-09 11:27 AM
    Personally, I am convinced Blackberry fanatics are worse than Apple fanatics. You hate decent, don't want to hear other opinions and rants, and blame all the problems back on the OP. In the business world, this is called a formula of failure.
    Ah, the mind of a troll. It certainly would make for a very interesting psychology research paper.

The level of denial here is just astounding. At the same time you're berating others for not wanting to hear bad things, you are selectively filtering out GOOD things that YOU don't want to hear.

The difference between you, representative of 9021-Troll High, and those you label as a "Blackberry fanatic" is that the "Blackberry fanatic" have taken the pragmatic approach of seeking solutions to our issues as opposed to just whining like a spoiled little child. I've yet to see anyone claim that the Storm is perfect, and completely without issue. However, that does not fit into your narrow view of things, and so you will simply filter it out so you can have your neat and tidy black and white world instead of a messy shades of gray one. As the saying goes: Consistency is the hobgoblin of a small mind.

The rest of us, recognized that we had a choice. We could either take our Storm's back and try our luck with some other device, or we could take steps to improve our Storms. Some of us opted for the former, and were never heard from here again, and some of us opted for the latter. Despite what anyone would call some rough edges, we see the potential that the Storm represents and wish to see it realized at some later date.

The Jesus Phone has had it's fair share of issues, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or doesn't know what they're talking about. I, for one, do not like the heavy reliance on the iTunes system. If the iTunes servers go down, your Jesus Phone is crucified. Granted the same argument could be said about BBs if BIS goes down or something like that. But then there's Apple's heavy handed attitude that they ALWAYS develop every single time they have a successful product. They control what apps are distributed via the App Store, and they can reject any app for any reason, which they don't even have to share with you as a developer. They slip in nasty bits to the Jesus Phone SDK EULA about how if they catch you writing apps for jail broken phones, they will revoke your ability to distribute apps via the App Store. They don't allow apps that might compete with their own lineup of apps. So you're stuck with Safari and Mail.app for better or worse. If you're a developer, and someone wants a refund for a copy of your app they bought, guess what, you get to pay for Apple's cut of the sale price. Most recently they decided that developers either have to update their apps for the pending 3.0 release or face removal from the App Store. And by most reports, when it comes to being an actual phone, the Jesus Phone leaves a lot to be desired. It might be a really cool whiz-bang MP3 player, but the phone bits they tacked on, leave you wanting.

There are problems everywhere if you are looking hard enough. It's all a matter of who you're trying to convince: Yourself or others. Right now, your behavior is pretty consistent with someone who's trying to convince themselves that their opinion is correct. Someone trying to convince others doesn't need to shelter themselves from the opposition's viewpoint. Quite the opposite really.
    05-15-09 11:33 AM
    Whatever.... I paid for this phone and I'm paying for the bill. If people want to complain let them. I personally am not happy with such an early release on the storm 2.

When is the storm 2 slated for release?

05-15-09 11:38 AM
    You are the arrogant one. You think that people are selfish because they feel they are "entitled" to a device that works as well as any other BB device released by RIM?
    If you want to take what I said, read between selected lines, and then completely misinterpret what's left... Sure.

People are selfish and arrogant because they think that Verizon and RIM should drop everything they're doing to cater to their every whim. Or for even suggesting the idea of flooding VZW's customer support lines with a bunch of calls about the Storm. The arrogance to think that every VZW customer is a Storm owner, that they're unhappy with the Storm, and that absolutely no one else is having a LEGITIMATE problem with their phone or service.... I don't know how anyone who isn't a self-centered pr!ck could support that one.

YOU, sir, are arrogant and self-centered for thinking that this is all about YOU and YOUR opinions. It wasn't about you or your opinions in the slightest, not that you would notice.

We are entitled to better because we are frakin' paying for the device, the software, and the network it runs on. This is not a device handed out to us to free to use on some publicly funded, not for profit network. We are paying top dollar to "for profit" corporations.
    Verizon actually picked up the majority of the cost of the phone for you. So, you didn't really pay for it, Verizon did. Think of it like a loan from a bank. In exchange for them paying $300 of the $500 retail price tag, you agree to maintain service with Verizon.

So once again, we see your self-centered nature rise up. Verizon paid 60% of the retail price on the phone, but of course it's all about YOU, and how YOU paid $200 so YOU should have someone from Verizon corporate come down and kiss your arse, because clearly the world revolves around YOU.

Actually, this is something a conservative should find utterly repugnant. You signed a contract, and are now trying to weasel out of your obligations. Should you not have to repay your car loan because the car doesn't have a magic never emptying gas tank?

This isn't a liberal or conservative issue, but thanks for proving your position is completely indefensible by trying to change the nature of the argument.

I'm not defending anyone or anything, I'm advocating something that should be at the core of any true conservative's belief system: Personal responsibility. I don't know about other carriers, but Verizon gave you 30 days with which to try the device out and return it. If you didn't, for whatever reason barring being held at gunpoint or physically/mentally incapacitated, you elected NOT to do this, then you get to live with the consequences. There are no do-overs or mulligans in real life. You make a choice, and for better or worse, you live with the consequences.

But again, thanks for proving you haven't a leg to stand on by trying to change the nature of the debate for a SECOND time.

Wow, now we're adding straw men arguments to changing the nature of the debate.

I'm not telling people to be happy or upset about anything, simply to accept the consequences of their choices; be they good or bad. If you bought the phone from Verizon, you had 30 days, and so unless someone held you hostage on that 30th day, or you were in a coma and couldn't get out of bed to get the return process rolling, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. You made a choice, now live with it. If you think it was the wrong choice, then take the opportunity to learn from your mistake. Otherwise, I don't see what the problem is.
    05-15-09 11:53 AM

I think you just tore him a new one
    05-15-09 01:34 PM
    @BigMan2: You continue to prove everything I stated in your rebuttal above. You actually state that VZW was doing US a favor by picking up the majority of the cost of the phone. Since when do they give you a choice? How many devices do you know of that AREN'T Verizon branded that they will put on their network? NONE. Or what about the folks that paid full price for the product because they weren't entitled to an upgrade? What part of the cost did VZW pick up for them? I guess we really OWE Verizon a big debt of gratitude for this and should not complain about anything.

You really are twisted. Instead of staying in the regular forums, you waste your time here putting people down who have problems with their device and defending Verizon who couldn't give a fruck about this forum or the people in it.

You ARE defending VZW and you ARE defending RIM. You think that because users had a 30 day free trial and choose to stick it out that they somehow forfeited their rights as consumers. Many people stuck with the Storm past the trial period based on promises of OS updates that were never released.

Verizon to release BlackBerry Storm software update - FierceDeveloper

OR

New BlackBerry Storm OS Could Fix Everything

And for months now, VZW employees continue to tell us that the update is "any day now".

Your argument about "do over's" and "life choices" are just laughable. This was not a life choice that someone made. Like someone that chose to get into drugs and alcohol abuse and now must suffer the consequences. This was an cell phone purchase. They aren't FORCED to suffer a poorly made product because they've owned it for a month. Why do you think consumer rights laws were created in the first place?

The biggest problem with you is that you troll these forums just to find fights to pick with disgruntled users. Someone here that feels they wasted good money on this device and is not happy with it could not care less about what you think. They are not posting grievances hoping that you'll jump in and tell them what MORONS they are for not returning the device to start with.

The very fact that you do continue to do this shows that you are a demented fanboy and a outright TROLL. No one is here for your sympathy, your approval, or your opinion. They are venting because until VZW and/or RIM get this thing fixed, this is all they CAN do.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 05-15-09 at 02:01 PM.
    05-15-09 01:38 PM
    LOL. I have both an iPhone and Bold. I browse through both sites. And it's actually hard to figure who are the worst. Blackberry fanatics hate when people talk bad about their device, but they insist on reading negative posts in the Rant sections. iPhone fanatics are just as bad. It's very comical to me. It's very funny that people call iPhone users fanboys when they are RIM fanboys and vice versa. And when users call people trolls who post negative things about the Storm, all the while they are trolling and saying idiotic things to people expressing their opinions and feeling. We live in a hypocritical world. But it give me laughs each and every day. You gotta love it.
    05-15-09 01:42 PM
    I think you just tore him a new one
    BigMan2 doesn't get it. I get the impression that he's the type that would blame an act of rape on the woman because she was wearing a short skirt.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 05-15-09 at 01:47 PM.
    05-15-09 01:45 PM
    I keep telling you guys to stop indulging bigman. He's an arrogant, pompous **** who thinks he knows everything and camouflage his ignorance with long drawn out pointless, senseless rebuttals that if you actually took the time to read, will show that he absolutely knows nothing and is just a Storm fanboy and RIM apologists who will say idiotic things (see my sig) to support his own feelings regardless of how dumb it sounds.
    05-15-09 01:49 PM
    I keep telling you guys to stop indulging bigman. He's an arrogant, pompous **** who thinks he knows everything and camouflage his ignorance with long drawn out pointless, senseless rebuttals that if you actually took the time to read, will show that he absolutely knows nothing and is just a Storm fanboy and RIM apologists who will say idiotic things (see my sig) to support his own feelings regardless of how dumb it sounds.
    You, Sir, are correct. And thank you for pointing out the quote from him in your signature. It is really telling of his limitations and enforces to me that I am wasting my time trying to make points based on common sense when he obviously has none.

It's a real shame to sit in a forum designed for unhappy users and dog on them for posting as such. It should be a ray of light to some that, no matter how unhappy with their Storms they may be, at least they aren't such a miserable person that they must troll a forum looking for fights to give their life some resemblance of purpose.
    05-15-09 01:55 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD