This is really unacceptable. What we purchased was a beta phone. Now I have to spend months with leaks that 99% of the time have huge bugs, or hybirds which I am not comfortable with.

I feel taken advantage of and I paid for it. We could have waited 2 years an pick up a Storm 2 that actually has a phone that works, rings, and does not have lag. We would have a camera that works and of course a better platform and stable apps.

If I could, I would throw this out the nearest window, but then I would have to pay the large disconnection fee.

4 month, forget it, I'm out.
    05-14-09 03:58 PM
    rants and raves??
    05-14-09 04:08 PM
    theres been soooo many similar threads, I feel the same way
    05-14-09 04:10 PM
    if you only used it for email, web browsing, and sms then for all intents and purpose you will get an excellent phone. i expect it to excel in those functions, and it does exactly what i want. everything else is just gravy.

if you are using it as an entertainment device, thats when the phone will become lackluster. the Storm is advertised as a touch-screen BB and it has multimedia and third party support, but the core function of a BB is and always will be for business applications.
    05-14-09 04:14 PM
    if you only used it for email, web browsing, and sms then for all intents and purpose you will get an excellent phone. i expect it to excel in those functions, and it does exactly what i want. everything else is just gravy.

if you are using it as an entertainment device, thats when the phone will become lackluster. the Storm is advertised as a touch-screen BB and it has multimedia and third party support, but the core function of a BB is and always will be for business applications.
    But if my Storm doesn't bring me breakfast in bed, change the oil in my car, walk the dogs, balance the federal budget, cure cancer, solve world hunger, and bring about world peace, while making me irresistible to members of the opposite sex, it clearly is a POS!
    05-14-09 04:35 PM
    This is really unacceptable. What we purchased was a beta phone. Now I have to spend months with leaks that 99% of the time have huge bugs, or hybirds which I am not comfortable with.

I feel taken advantage of and I paid for it. We could have waited 2 years an pick up a Storm 2 that actually has a phone that works, rings, and does not have lag. We would have a camera that works and of course a better platform and stable apps.

If I could, I would throw this out the nearest window, but then I would have to pay the large disconnection fee.

i think we need to be heard- all of us.
    can we get the number of storm users at least from this site?
    can we all (a lot) call verizon at the same time, we can schedule it and all ask "when is the update?" or even "where is the update?"
    it would be sort of useful (and kind of cool) if one cubicle gets the same question at the same time as the neighboring cubicles.

of course there will be those who will respond with:
    "just d/l a leaked version, the only difference is that verizon didnt brand it yet, might as well enjoy in the mean time"

and of course we saw what happened to .141, in the trash (by verizon)

and then there are those who say: "dont pressure them. let them work on something good".... pressure??? its been 6 months aka HALF A YEAR since the last release.

this device has a lot of potential. now it is almost soul-less.
    05-14-09 04:42 PM
    How about instead I ask where this arrogant sense of entitlement came from?
    05-14-09 04:44 PM
    i think we need to be heard- all of us.
    can we get the number of storm users at least from this site?
    can we all (a lot) call verizon at the same time, we can schedule it and all ask "when is the update?" or even "where is the update?"
    it would be sort of useful (and kind of cool) if one cubicle gets the same question at the same time as the neighboring cubicles.

of course there will be those who will respond with:
    "just d/l a leaked version, the only difference is that verizon didnt brand it yet, might as well enjoy in the mean time"

and of course we saw what happened to .141, in the trash (by verizon)

and then there are those who say: "dont pressure them. let them work on something good".... pressure??? its been 6 months aka HALF A YEAR since the last release.

this device has a lot of potential. now it is almost soul-less.
    i like your idea about calling them at the same time.
    I wonder how they are going to react on that?!
    05-14-09 04:48 PM

I guess what I don't understand about people like this is why they did not return their phone during the trial period. I've been a customer with Verizon for several years, and every time I've purchased a phone, I've always had 30 days to return it. How is that not long enough to realize that you hate the phone so much that you'd throw it out the nearest window? I've returned two different Palm phones and I returned the Pearl, after realizing within a couple weeks that the devices were not for me. Say what you want about Verizon, but at least they have a generous trial period and at least they offer insurance plans for all of their phones (I'm looking at you AT&T).

No one likes to wait for an OS update this long, but at least the BIS users can install any leaked beta of their choosing, and most BES users are predominately using their phone for business use, which the Storm is stable enough to do with .75. And so long as your company's contract is not Storm-specific, you could return your Storm within the trial period and exchange it for the Curve.

Like so many people have said before, Verizon is this slow at releasing OSs because they test thorough and are hesitant to release buggy software to the masses, particularly to their corporate users. And thus far, every leaked OS and every other OS released by a different carrier has had bugs. I think in that regard, at least some of the blame should be put on RIM for taking so long to put out a stable, relatively bug-free OS.
    05-14-09 04:48 PM
    I love my Storm and think the leaks make the phone much better. No major issues with it, but Verizon absolutely does disgust me with how terrible a job they've been doing at getting their customers up to speed with the best firmware.
    05-14-09 04:50 PM
    How do you know the Storm 2 is so reliable and works wonders? For all you know, you'd be back on the same boat. It all comes down to expectations and yours and those that ARE satisfied with their phone are way off based. Let's not forget its a phone first... better yet a communication device and it does that well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 04:56 PM
    I guess what I don't understand about people like this is why they did not return their phone during the trial period. I've been a customer with Verizon for several years, and every time I've purchased a phone, I've always had 30 days to return it. How is that not long enough to realize that you hate the phone so much that you'd throw it out the nearest window? I've returned two different Palm phones and I returned the Pearl, after realizing within a couple weeks that the devices were not for me. Say what you want about Verizon, but at least they have a generous trial period and at least they offer insurance plans for all of their phones (I'm looking at you AT&T).

No one likes to wait for an OS update this long, but at least the BIS users can install any leaked beta of their choosing, and most BES users are predominately using their phone for business use, which the Storm is stable enough to do with .75. And so long as your company's contract is not Storm-specific, you could return your Storm within the trial period and exchange it for the Curve.

Like so many people have said before, Verizon is this slow at releasing OSs because they test thorough and are hesitant to release buggy software to the masses, particularly to their corporate users. And thus far, every leaked OS and every other OS released by a different carrier has had bugs. I think in that regard, at least some of the blame should be put on RIM for taking so long to put out a stable, relatively bug-free OS.

Sorry, not buying it. If they REALLY cared about their customers there is no way .65 or .75 would have been released, they are a complete joke. It had everything to do with money and nothing to do with customer satisfaction. The only reason they are being so tough on testing now is to avoid another fiasco like the initial release.

The ironic part is, by being so thorough and taking this long to relase something, the only people they are truly screwing are their BES users.
    05-14-09 05:08 PM

How do you know the Storm 2 will be any better? Honestly....
    05-14-09 05:10 PM
    You'll just overload the switchboard, and then people with actual problems won't be able to get help.

Stop being so bloody selfish. The world does not revolve around you and come to a grinding halt every time you have some petty little problem.
    05-14-09 05:13 PM
    im telling you.. could be like a movie scene.. hehe

verizon cubicle land scene - take one:

employee bends chair back to peek out of cubicle.
    as he/she does this additional cubicle employees peek out to only to see everyone raising shoulders and eyebrows asking each other.. "what do we do?"

on-site manager instructs employees to say back: "thanks for bending over for us! can you hear me now?"

ok.. enough of me fooling around. hehe

some of you bring some great points to the thread. but it looks like others are here to repeatedly say "this $h!t tastes great!! i obey you verizon, thank you verizon! you are the one and only one verizon"

We were given a mouth - we're allowed to complain (even a little- me at least).

after all, like many companies, "complaining", can be considered as a feedback (which is really important for businesses that want to run long).
    05-14-09 05:24 PM
    Blah..blah..blah!
    05-14-09 05:25 PM
    You read through threads like this and it is so easy to spot the spoiled kids who are used to getting everything they want, and the adults that have brains and common sense.
    05-14-09 05:41 PM
    Sorry, not buying it. If they REALLY cared about their customers there is no way .65 or .75 would have been released, they are a complete joke. It had everything to do with money and nothing to do with customer satisfaction. The only reason they are being so tough on testing now is to avoid another fiasco like the initial release.

The ironic part is, by being so thorough and taking this long to relase something, the only people they are truly screwing are their BES users.
    Ok, so when you bought your phone it had .65 or .75 on it. If those releases are such a joke, why not, as I already said, return your phone during the trial period and go on with your life? And it's not like the demo versions of Storm at the store are running some top secret OS that only they have access to. It's what you see is what you get, and still is.

By and large, most BES users on Verizon are still using the Curve. Unfortunately, a lot of phones are not ready for prime time when they are released - and I agree that it should not be that way; however, it is. Knowing that, IT pros who signed a contract for their users to ONLY be able to use the Storm were taking a huge risk. In addition to an all touch screen phone not really making sense to me as being conducive to the business environment, it was also RIM's first attempt at it. These things need to be taken into account before the IT pro makes that decision. On top of that, why would anyone in that position sign a contract with only one phone before completely vetting it? That does not make sense to me at all.

What I've noticed is that just about every single person complaining about Verizon or RIM on here is using their device as a BIS user. That is because for what a BES user needs the phone to do, it is completely adequate at and stable. For the rest of the people, like the complainers, they can load leaks. If they aren't comfortable with doing that, then they should not have taken the risk of keeping their phones past the trial period. No one forced a BIS user to purchase the Storm, and no one forced that same person to keep it rather than to return it. You signed a contract, which gave you an out if you did not like the phone. You did not take that out and you are now stuck to your end of the agreement. That is not Verizon's fault, it's yours.
    05-14-09 06:02 PM
    would you like some cheese....oh and dobt forget the whine...

05-14-09 09:42 PM

Wild you like some cheese??????
    Oh and don't forget the whine.....
    Little cry baby.

05-14-09 09:44 PM

Would you like some cheese??????
    Little cry baby.

Would you like some cheese??????
    Little cry baby.

This Sucks!!! W T F
    05-14-09 09:46 PM
    Whoops...didn't mean to post the same thing 4 times...my Storm must have been having a moment.

05-14-09 09:54 PM
    Whoops...didn't mean to post the same thing 4 times...my Storm must have been having a moment.

05-14-09 10:25 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD