I had one for probably close to 5 months before it started suffering from a hardware issue..Let's say you have an average lifespan of 6 months per Storm unit. On a 2 year contract, that's 4 devices..4X over 2 years is not that big of a burden. – bigman2

Thanks to Scorpio for this. Bigman2, you took away ANY credibility you may have thought you had for the argument that anyone who had the 30 day trial period should have been smart enough to return if they were having problems.

By your OWN statement, you had your for FIVE months before you had issues. By my math, FIVE months will well past a 30 day trial. You can look at a calendar if you don't believe me. :-)

It's a beach when your own words come back to bite you on the asp, eh? Every time you say that from now on and I see it, I'm going to quote the above right behind you...
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 05-15-09 at 02:03 PM.
    05-15-09 01:59 PM
    @BigMan2: You continue to prove everything I stated in your rebuttal above.
    Interesting interpretation.

You actually state that VZW was doing US a favor by picking up the majority of the cost of the phone. Since when do they give you a choice? How many devices do you know of that AREN'T Verizon branded that they will put on their network? NONE. Or what about the folks that paid full price for the product because they weren't entitled to an upgrade? What part of the cost did VZW pick up for them? I guess we really OWE Verizon a big debt of gratitude for this and should not complain about anything.
    I did no such thing. I said you entered into an agreement with Verizon by which they pay 60% of the retail cost, in exchange for you maintaining some minimum level of service with them.

If you can't back up your argument, just say so. Don't embarrass yourself with these pathetic attempts to change the nature of the argument. You've tried it at least three times now, and three times I've failed to fall for it.

You really are twisted. Instead of staying in the regular forums, you waste your time here putting people down who have problems with their device and defending Verizon who couldn't give a fruck about this forum or the people in it.
    How many times do I need to say it before it sinks in? I'm not defending anyone. I'm advocating people accept the consequences of their choices, good or bad.

You ARE defending VZW and you ARE defending RIM. You think that because users had a 30 day free trial and choose to stick it out that they somehow forfeited their rights as consumers. Many people stuck with the Storm past the trial period based on promises of OS updates that were never released.
    See previous comment block.

I really don't care what the reason was, you had 30 days to send it back, if you're a Verizon customer. You had 30 days, you squandered them, boohoo, now deal with it.

Now, if other carriers don't have a return period, I'll be willing to listen to what they have to say a bit more, but the burden is still on YOU, the CONSUMER, to do your due diligence before you buy anything.

So we once again run into our good friend personal responsibility. If you didn't do your homework before buying, then how exactly is it the company's fault that you bought something that wasn't right for you? Grow up, admit you screwed up, and learn from your mistake. It's part of what it means to be an adult.

Verizon to release BlackBerry Storm software update - FierceDeveloper

OR

New BlackBerry Storm OS Could Fix Everything

And for months now, VZW employees continue to tell us that the update is "any day now".
    So what? What does this have to do with anything? You had 30 days to return it, no questions asked. You didn't. End of story.

Your argument about "do over's" and "life choices" are just laughable. This was not a life choice that someone made. Like someone that chose to get into drugs and alcohol abuse and now must suffer the consequences. This was an ELECTRONICS purchase by consumers. They aren't FORCED to suffer a poorly made product because they've owned it for a month. Why do you think consumer rights laws were created in the first place?
    Wait, wait... I thought you were p!ssing and moaning just a minute ago about what a big purchase the Storm is. Make up your mind, either it is or it isn't.

And once again... YOU HAD 30 DAYS TO RETURN IT! You didn't, now you live with the consequences of your actions, or inaction as the case may be. If your carrier doesn't offer a similar trial period, then it was on you to be absolutely certain that it was the phone for you before purchasing.

Also nice to see that you are working on perfecting the art of the straw man argument. Big or small, all choices have consequences that we must live with. If you choose to cross the road in the middle of the street, you are assuming the risk that you may get hit by a car. The magnitude of the decision doesn't have any relevance. You make a choice, you live with the results. At least that's what a mature adult does. I'd expect a 3 year old to act like most of the people here, and that's why I treat them like I would a 3 year old.

The biggest problem with you is that you troll these forums just to find fights to pick with disgruntled users. Someone here that feels they wasted good money on this device and is not happy with it could not care less about what you think. They are not posting grievances hoping that you'll jump in and tell them what MORONS they are for not returning the device to start with.
    No, I find people who want to cry like little babies with buyer's remorse. Don't even really have to go looking, they're everywhere around here.

They don't want to accept responsibility for the choices they made, and

The very fact that you do continue to do this shows that you are a demented fanboy and a outright TROLL. No one is here for your sympathy, your approval, or your opinion. They are venting because until VZW and/or RIM get this thing fixed, this is all they CAN do.
    Wow... Now we've moved into personal insults. You've just completely given up trying to argue your point, and just moved right into insulting me. So I guess that's game, set, and match for me.
    05-15-09 02:07 PM
    I had one for probably close to 5 months before it started suffering from a hardware issue..Let's say you have an average lifespan of 6 months per Storm unit. On a 2 year contract, that's 4 devices..4X over 2 years is not that big of a burden. – bigman2

Thanks to Scorpio for this. Bigman2, you just took all away ANY credibility you may have thought you had for the argument that anyone who had the 30 day trial period should have been smart enough to return if they were having problems.

By your OWN statement, you had your for FIVE months before you had issues. By my math, FIVE months will well past a 30 day trial. You can look at a calendar if you don't believe me. :-)

It's a beach when your own words come back to bite you on the asp, eh?

Yeah according to him, it's not big a deal to start having problems with a device every 6 months. Not that you keep dropping it or anything, just the life span is about up. WTF kind of rationale is that. It's ok for a device to crap out on you in 6 months. I could see if I drop it every now and then or i'm misusing it but if I had to replace my device just because it keeps crapping out that often, that's pathetic. Manufacturers should just give 6 month warranties. It would save them on the replacements. But I guess they don't expect it to crap out so often like our very own "genius" I mean troll.
    05-15-09 02:07 PM
    .... You had 30 days, you squandered them, boohoo, now deal with it.

You had 30 days to return it, no questions asked. You didn't. End of story.

YOU HAD 30 DAYS TO RETURN IT!
    He said that three times in the same post. However, he also said...

I had one for probably close to 5 months before it started suffering from a hardware issue.. bigman2

Stating that you are a troll and a fanboy is really not a personal insult. It is a definition given as a result of the context and content of your posts.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 05-15-09 at 02:17 PM.
    05-15-09 02:14 PM
    BigMan2 doesn't get it. I get the impression that he's the type that would blame an act of rape on the woman because she was wearing a short skirt.
    No... The choice to rape someone is an individual one. But at the same time, I actually DO get upset with women who wear short skirts and then get upset when people look at them. That's the WHOLE POINT of wearing a short skirt, is to have people looking at you. You don't wear a pair of shorts or pants that have "Juicy" written across the @ss if you don't want people staring at your @ss.

So, I know to the troll mind this is going to be a hard distinction to make, but... Women who wear short skirts, or a bikini sunbathing in a very public place, have absolutely no right to complain about lecherous guys ogling them. They like it and they know it. The whole point of a bikini is to be seen, and the same with a tan. You don't see many cloistered nuns, who've taken a vow of chastity, getting tans now do you? Women doing these things have no right to complain when people do exactly what it is they want, that being to objectify them. However, it doesn't give a man the right to force himself upon her.

But nice try at yet another straw man argument there. Maybe you're just used to debating with mentally ******** people who can't really muster much of a defense, so that you feel good about yourself, but your constant reliance on logical fallacies just isn't going to cut it with me.

You've tried to change the nature of the debate at least 3 times so far, and this is now your third straw man argument. Now we just need a good bandwagon and begging the question example to help round out the set.
    05-15-09 02:16 PM

I had one for probably close to 5 months before it started suffering from a hardware issue.. bigman2
    That sucks, but no one said life is fair.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with your argument. You kept it for 5 months, and presumably you liked it during those 5 months, so unless Verizon refused to replace it with another device, I don't really see what you're complaining about.
    Last edited by bigman2; 05-15-09 at 02:20 PM.
    05-15-09 02:17 PM
    Maybe you're just used to debating with mentally ******** people...
    No, but I'm getting a great deal of practice from you...
    05-15-09 02:19 PM
    No, but I'm getting a great deal of practice from you...
    And once again with the personal insults. So, I'll just take that to mean, "I just want attention" and treat you like a little puppy that wants to play. So here ya go boy! You ready?! Here it goes! Go fetch the stick! Go get it boy!
    05-15-09 02:23 PM
    I actually DO get upset with women who wear short skirts and then get upset when people look at them.

Women who wear short skirts, or a bikini sunbathing in a very public place, have absolutely no right to complain about lecherous guys ogling them. They like it and they know it.
    Geez, I was just making a joke but you are a disturbed individual.
    05-15-09 02:24 PM

Stating that you are a troll and a fanboy is really not a personal insult. It is a definition given as a result of the context and content of your posts.
    Yeah I don't think some people realize that not everyone has had problem with their Storm in the first 30 days. Yes, some users did and probably should have returned. I'd go back if it was 40 days over! But some people Storms started having problems a couple months later and now they have been through multiple Storms. So they can't just cancel their contract without penalty. So they may have loved it for the first few months because no big issues and then it started crapping out and so has every replacement. So the "you had 30 days to return it" argument doesn't apply to everyone who is now unhappy with their Storm.
    05-15-09 02:24 PM
    Geez, I was just making a joke but you are a disturbed individual.
    Oh, you're back! Drop it! Drop the stick or I can't throw it for you again! Drop it! Drrrrrrop it!
    05-15-09 02:29 PM
    And once again with the personal insults. So, I'll just take that to mean, "I just want attention" and treat you like a little puppy that wants to play. So here ya go boy! You ready?! Here it goes! Go fetch the stick! Go get it boy!
    After reading your comments on women, I'd hate to see how you treat puppies.

Aren't you tired of getting your @ss handed to you yet?
    05-15-09 02:29 PM
    Yeah I don't think some people realize that not everyone has had problem with their Storm in the first 30 days. Yes, some users did and probably should have returned. I'd go back if it was 40 days over! But some people Storms started having problems a couple months later and now they have been through multiple Storms. So they can't just cancel their contract without penalty. So they may have loved it for the first few months because no big issues and then it started crapping out and so has every replacement. So the "you had 30 days to return it" argument doesn't apply to everyone who is now unhappy with their Storm.
    So basically, you're saying that you are special, and shouldn't have to live up to your end of the bargain when you sign a contract?
    05-15-09 02:30 PM
    After reading your comments on women, I'd hate to see how you treat puppies.

Aren't you tired of getting your @ss handed to you yet?
    Here's the stick! See it boy?! See it?!! Get ready! Here it goes! Go get it boy! Go on! Fetch!
    05-15-09 02:31 PM
    So basically, you're saying that you are special, and shouldn't have to live up to your end of the bargain when you sign a contract?
    Oh no. That's not what I am saying. Personally, I don't think anyone is entitled to a discount or anything on a new Storm if/when it comes out. But I am also not putting down anyone who thinks they are. They are entitled to their feelings and I am entitled to mine. I am just saying when someone becomes unhappy with their Storm, they get flamed and it's a bunch of people saying "well you had 30 days to return". And that is true, but those responses are clearly made by users who didn't think that other circumstances exist in which someone kept it past 30 days and that argument is not always the smartest way as it assumes everyone who is unhappy now was unhappy during the first 30 days. That's all.

But to users who were unhappy from the gate and still kept it, I don't feel sympathy, but I don't flame them either. That's just me though.
    05-15-09 02:39 PM
    Oh no. That's not what I am saying. Personally, I don't think anyone is entitled to a discount or anything on a new Storm if/when it comes out. But I am also not putting down anyone who thinks they are. They are entitled to their feelings and I am entitled to mine. I am just saying when someone becomes unhappy with their Storm, they get flamed and it's a bunch of people saying "well you had 30 days to return". And that is true, but those responses are clearly made by users who didn't think that other circumstances exist in which someone kept it past 30 days and that argument is not always the smartest way as it assumes everyone who is unhappy now was unhappy during the first 30 days. That's all.

But to users who were unhappy from the gate and still kept it, I don't feel sympathy, but I don't flame them either. That's just me though.
    Sure... If you had one for a while, and then it craps out on you, that sucks... But I don't see how you get from there to Verizon and RIM being these snake oil peddling companies that tricked (or trucked to reference an old thread) people into buying the device. Because presumably up until the point it crapped out on you, you were happy with it. And being frustrated about multiple replacement units also not working is understandable, but again I don't see how you get from there to claims that you were tricked/trucked or anything other than VZW seems to be asleep at the switch as far as checking the refurb units they're sending out.
    05-15-09 02:45 PM
    Hopefully there will be some upgrade plan for Storm 1 owners like there was for the iphone owners. But we know nothing about the OS and that is the biggest problem with the Storm 1! Until it is proven that the Storm 2 has a solid OS, I don't even think it should be considered.

I'm still on my first original Storm. I don't see how so many people have problems with it but I definitely think the OS is not up to par. That is probably why it was voted "the worst gadget of the year" by cnet. As bias a cnet might be there is some truth to what they say. Until there are significant software updates for the Storm 2, the Storm 2 might also be successful but voted as the worst gadget of 2010.

Hopefully RIM has learned from their Storm 1 and perfected it for the Storm 2. I don't think they will forget us. Not after how patient we have been.
    05-15-09 02:47 PM
    Nope. What he is saying is that VZW and RIM's obligation to it's customer extends far past the 30 day "trial" period. That 2 year contract works both ways. Our ONLY responsibility to the carrier is to pay our bill on time.

Regardless of how you act, we are not obligated to DEFEND Verizon or RIM from negative comments.
    05-15-09 02:50 PM
    Sure... If you had one for a while, and then it craps out on you, that sucks... But I don't see how you get from there to Verizon and RIM being these snake oil peddling companies that tricked (or trucked to reference an old thread) people into buying the device. Because presumably up until the point it crapped out on you, you were happy with it. And being frustrated about multiple replacement units also not working is understandable, but again I don't see how you get from there to claims that you were tricked/trucked or anything other than VZW seems to be asleep at the switch as far as checking the refurb units they're sending out.
    I got you. I'm not one of the people who think they were duped or tricked. LOL. Unfortunately some people feel like that and attack the companies. I don't think of any company whether it's VZW and At&t or Apple and RIM are above the other. At one time or another each one has done something that hasn't been unsatisfactory to a lot of customers. But I don't argue for or against them because at the end of the day I can care less about them and they won't lose sleep if I leave either. I don't always agree with the sentiments of people that feel tricked, but I'm not going to bash them for feeling that way. I know I had a choice and that's why I took mine back and I get rid of stuff when I don't like it. I try to look at it from both sides because I get it, but I don't like flaming others when they are just expressing their feelings. Regardless of how senseless it might seem to me especially in this section. One thing here, right and wrong doesn't matter, it's just people expressing and venting their feelings for and against the Storm. I have no gripes against anyone for their opinion. But you have to admit, some of the stuff on here is pure comedy .
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-15-09 at 03:03 PM.
    05-15-09 02:55 PM
    Thought u all might find Verizon's response to my frustration over no current updates...
    Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are sorry to learn that you are upset regarding the release of the Blackberry Storm Software update. We understand that this can be a source of frustration and we are happy to address your reported issue.
    We appreciate your interest in our data products and services. We'd like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when the software update for the Blackberry Storm will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services.
    If you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on "Sign up for email updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our New Cell Phones, CPO Cell Phones, Prepaid Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless[/url] homepage.

We hope you find this information helpful. It has been a pleasure assisting you today. We make it our personal goal to resolve all of your concerns. We sincerely hope that you feel we have done that today. Should you feel your current concerns are not fully resolved, please reply back to this email or call us at 1-800-922-0204 and we will happily address them for you. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
    05-15-09 05:08 PM
    I got you. I'm not one of the people who think they were duped or tricked. LOL. Unfortunately some people feel like that and attack the companies. I don't think of any company whether it's VZW and At&t or Apple and RIM are above the other. At one time or another each one has done something that hasn't been unsatisfactory to a lot of customers. But I don't argue for or against them because at the end of the day I can care less about them and they won't lose sleep if I leave either. I don't always agree with the sentiments of people that feel tricked, but I'm not going to bash them for feeling that way. I know I had a choice and that's why I took mine back and I get rid of stuff when I don't like it. I try to look at it from both sides because I get it, but I don't like flaming others when they are just expressing their feelings. Regardless of how senseless it might seem to me especially in this section. One thing here, right and wrong doesn't matter, it's just people expressing and venting their feelings for and against the Storm. I have no gripes against anyone for their opinion. But you have to admit, some of the stuff on here is pure comedy .
    An understandable position. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can understand where it is you're coming from. You prefer to just kind of sit on the sidelines, while I will confront people. Of course I don't really care if people want to vent their frustration so long as they don't go making baseless/unsupportable claims.

They can complain all day long about how they hate the Storm so long as they aren't claiming that because they personally had a bad experience, it must naturally follow that EVERYONE had a bad experience, or some of these paranoid delusions about how RIM is not going to be supporting the Storm any longer, or that the Storm 2 means pretty much anything beyond an addition to RIM's product lineup. Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't, we just don't know right now what they have planned for it.
    05-15-09 05:58 PM
    We need more dump trucks...
    05-15-09 06:39 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD