Ok so when the new official OS from "TbayTel" came out, I grabbed it. then like a week or so later my gf got an alert that verizons version of the update was available.

Updated her phone wirelessly, then started searching for the Verizon update online to put on mine. I know everyone says there all the same, but since I went to "Tbaytel" I have been having problems with voice quality. So I found the Verizon Version, did a complete wipe, and installed the new 713.

Well that didn't fix the problem with the call quality, so I called Verizon, and after a few minutes, a CLN was on the way!

Ok, so today it came, and I sat down to set it up, when I noticed it already had 713 on it. Kinda weird huh, since the update is fairly new. Either way it was there.

Once I backed up all my apps, and data, I noticed something new... You guys know where your icon for text says "SMS and MMS"...? Well this one just says "SMS"

Not that its a big deal, just curious as to why my 713 is different than everyone elses.

Any ideas? matt? lol
    07-07-10 07:55 PM
    Mine says "SMS and MMS". On Verizons 713...weird...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 09:11 PM
    I'd do a wipe and reload; I have TBayTel's with a hybrid and my icon says both as well. It's been noted that with the straight OS from either carrier a couple reloads aren't out of the ordinary for some reason.
    07-07-10 11:34 PM
    You need to register your new device to your BIS and once you do that, host routing table to update your device.
    07-07-10 11:43 PM
    cant seeing doing a wipe and reinstall just because it says that. Just thought it was weird and wanted to share with you guys. lol
    07-08-10 12:21 PM
    LOL ok. To answer your question properly, .713 seems to have trouble getting installed correctly on the first try for a few users; this may the case with your icon. And with that, if it does get annoying then see the above posts.
    07-08-10 12:30 PM
    Mine says SMS and MMS.

Can we do a test? Are you able to send out mms?

Try compose and see if you see Email, Pin, Sms, MMs, IM etc buttons.

Do you have the MMS service book?
    07-08-10 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD