What should I do now? I really don't want to pay the 50 deductible for the insurance claim so I should go into a store and try to get them to replace it?
    06-02-09 07:24 PM
    What was their reasoning?

You have a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
    06-02-09 07:28 PM
    They said it wasn't a manufacturing defect.
    06-02-09 07:29 PM
    Most likely, stores will not have replacements to issue.

Your best bet is to have Verizon FedEx it to you. You probably dealt with a customer service rep who was clueless. I called to replace a phone because of a dead screen pixel and the customer service rep I spoke to was going to try to transfer me to a tech to troubleshoot it. I had to remind her several times that it was a hardware issue, not a software issue.
    06-02-09 07:30 PM
    I would take it to an actual store
    06-02-09 07:30 PM
    when you take it to an actual store, you usually get a more friendly response with help and replacements
    06-02-09 07:31 PM
    Does it impair your ability to view things? For instance: if you type an email and the dust is visible on the white screen, particles can obscure the text. Maybe this is the case. You may need to explain this.
    I think I spoke with a technical support rep I'm not sure. Should I just try calling again tomorrow?
    Does it impair your ability to view things? For instance: if you type an email and the dust is visible on the white screen, particles can obscure the text. Maybe this is the case. You may need to explain this.
    It's not that it impairs it but that's it's annoying. I haven't put any movies on the storm cause I could not stand having little specs in front of the movie.
    06-02-09 07:32 PM
    I was able to get a replacement device in early May due to dust. Although the rep insisted that it was not a common occurrence, I mentioned to him that I had read about this issue alot.

The replacement they sent me was great, except for the dead screen pixel.
    06-02-09 07:33 PM
    Does your screen click correctly? If not, I would forget the dust issue and just send it back for screen click issues. They never turn down a return when the screen cant be clicked, usually on the lower portion. heck, if you cant type correctly, it's a defect.
    06-02-09 07:33 PM
    Does your screen click correctly? If not, I would forget the dust issue and just send it back for screen click issues. They never turn down a return when the screen cant be clicked, usually on the lower portion. heck, if you cant type correctly, it's a defect.
    At one point my screen wasn't clicking correctly but the next day when I was going to go to the store it magically fixed itself somehow.
    06-02-09 07:34 PM
    I think Mike is right about going into the store. That way you can actually show the dust to them. Ask them to document the issue on your account so that customer service can see it if you try to call them again.

But if you're expecting a store to have replacements in stock?

The chances are slim.
    06-02-09 07:36 PM
    I had the dust issue too. Customer service won't do anything. Just go into the store and tell them that the dust is impeding your ability to use the touch screen. This will get you a free replacement.
    06-02-09 07:37 PM
    I don't really care about if I can get a replacement immediately I just want to have it replaced. I could wait two weeks and I'd be happy to wait.
    06-02-09 07:37 PM
    Just call back. You'll get someone who will help you out, eventually.
    06-02-09 07:40 PM
    dust issue what is that? lol ...my nov storm bare naked has ni such thing sucks to be youz and all your dust issue
    06-02-09 07:42 PM
    try some compressed air just kidding
    06-02-09 07:47 PM
    I would call back, if I remember correctly I had to speak with more than one rep to get a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:51 PM
    Any tips I should do once I call Verizon's phone number? Like is there a department I should try to get to?
    06-02-09 07:59 PM
    just call back and explain that the screen is open, and the dust is making the device not function. like touch/click won't respond, or you can barely see...something like that. or you can "lose a button" in your case. that is warantee fodder.
    06-02-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD