no first come first serve at any of my verizon so i guess im out this friday.
    11-17-08 10:25 PM
    And where do you live?
    11-17-08 10:28 PM
    that list i don't think guarentees you a storm, just gives the storm a good idea of how many storms they need in store. pretty sure if one of ur local stores only got in one storm, and i was there before you, i would get the storm
    11-17-08 10:28 PM
    ahh i wish it was like that in nyc all the places i've been to is first come first serve but im confident i can stroll to my nearest vz and pick one up.
    11-17-08 10:30 PM
    Well atleast you get the same answer from every store. Of the 3 around me one has a list, one is first come, and the other says they wont have it on friday!
    11-17-08 10:30 PM
    My store said they were opening early @ 7 and there wouldn't be a list. I will be really made if she was lying.
    11-17-08 10:38 PM
    are you laying down anything? giving them your account info? laying down cash? i don't understand where these lists are coming from. if you can't preorder, then your not guarenteed a storm. the lists are just so they can keep track of what they might expect come launch day for the storm
    11-17-08 10:39 PM
    I'm on the list at my VZW store in Portland, Oregon. She told me no guarentee, but they will call me Thursday evening or Friday morning. She told me it will not be available until Friday. I was put on the list on Tuesday.
    11-17-08 10:45 PM
    believe me, this isn't a cruise to the bahamas, a reservation without casholla, is nothing,
    it's first come first serve, the stores you talked to might be gonna try that, but i've heard from more than one manager, 1.they have to sell a certain amount per their exclusivity agreement with RIM. 2. A customer with cash is alot more sure than a name on a list, that's probably also on at least two other lists.....so unless you gave them a deposit, don't count on that magical list to get you a storm on Friday...
    11-17-08 10:46 PM
    first come first serve to be safe eff the list!

@fonebrkr is that a "heroes" show avatar?
    11-17-08 10:49 PM
    You are delusional if you think the VZW will send away anyone waiting in line for a phone because of any silly little list. First come, first serve.
    11-17-08 10:51 PM
    If you have an appointment, then you dont have to wait in line. At least at my verizon. I know this is true. Basically, its obviously different at different verizons. Theres 1000's of them, and they all arent gonna be doing the exact same thing, obviously.
    11-17-08 10:54 PM
    first come first serve to be safe eff the list!

@fonebrkr is that a "heroes" show avatar?

Why yes it is,,,I believe i'll be heading to the tele in a few to watch the latest episode, since desktop manager is dowloading in the slow lane....I'm still blown away by the episode last week......
    11-17-08 10:56 PM
    I was told the same thing, I'm on a list, it doesn't guarantee a phone, but gives them an idea of how many to expect vs the amount they will have. However, I set up an RSVP with a store in wv, where I was to pick one up, actually driving 2 hours out of the way to get it, he said he'd call with an order hopefully for me, however, I'm still going to the store 45 mins from me to get my storm, I'm wondering how early to show up......5 or 6 am?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 10:59 PM
    hehe love that show! i just finished watching todays episode! sorry to take over the post OP. we'll have to discuss heroes in another forum.
    11-17-08 11:01 PM
    My local store took a deposit from me...
    11-17-08 11:11 PM
    no first come first serve at any of my verizon so i guess im out this friday.
    List = order expectation.

You're no more important than someone who hasn't called them and will be walking in the morning of the 21st who has never called or even visited that store.

Sorry to break it to ya.

No, your local rep probably took a deposit from you so he can get your sale.
    11-17-08 11:13 PM
    thats why im glad i went through best buy. i got a 10 am appointment on friday
    11-17-08 11:13 PM
    thats why im glad i went through best buy. i got a 10 am appointment on friday
    Might want to reschedule.....

From bestbuy.com:

CORRECTION NOTICE

On page 20 of the November 16-22 weekly ad, we advertised the Verizon Wireless BlackBerry Storm as available on November 16. Due to factors outside our control, the release date has been delayed to November 23. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused.
    11-17-08 11:20 PM
    unless you went to bestbuy, you'll never see that deposit again
    11-17-08 11:21 PM
    Actually i think ill keep it, seeing as they called me today! That 23rd date was posted before verizon made the 21st the official date. Do a little homework before you run your mouth.
    11-17-08 11:24 PM
    Actually i think ill keep it, seeing as they called me today! That 23rd date was posted before verizon made the 21st the official date. Do a little homework before you run your mouth.
    Woaahh! I try to help a guy out and he gets all "internet tough guy" on me. Hope you got your fill of "manliness" for the day.
    11-17-08 11:29 PM
    I wonder if with Best Buy it's store to store on when they get them because in figuring out which store I would go to for my Storm on Friday the best buy store rep here told me they wouldn't get there supply of Storms until the 23rd. So I'm going to drive over in the small hours of the morning to a local corporate store and wait until the doors open. List or no list I'm thinking bird in hand beats......P.S. That was on Friday I talked to Best Buy rep.
    11-17-08 11:36 PM
    How is giving a false date helping someone out? you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    11-17-08 11:38 PM
    How is giving a false date helping someone out? you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Easy there fella. Go kick the cat, maybe you'll feel better. Maybe leave the basement...you know, get some fresh air.

It's on Best Buy's website right now. Sorry I didn't fact-check the info directly from the source. I can't believe I didn't know such obvious common knowledge.
    11-17-08 11:43 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD