Well texting and emails are terrible. I mean I email about 250 emails a day. With the curve I get it done in a quarter of the time. The browser is slower than the 8330. There is still lag with .148. I wouldn't get the tour until all the bugs are gone. I have given up on new blackberries. For a power user the storm isn't right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i got that many alone during the outage yesterday. pfft.

OP, here's the bottom line. if you like the design, and can be patient enough to learn how to use it (which you're gonna have to do with any new phone, there is always a learning curve) then i say give it a shot.

if memory is an issue, then i'm your guy! i've fixed more memory issues than i care to relate. there's even a thread in the OS sub-forum about it. all to the praise of my suggestion (god i'm getting a big head these days!!! someone humble me...)

anyway, i'll help you, and there are plenty of other people who will help also.
    06-02-09 01:19 PM
    I think since you do alot of replying to emails I don't think you will like it. That was my problem it just made texting a chore and and pain. I gave it a second chance aswell but just couldn't take it..I took mine back for the curve i had initially. I would honestly wait for the tour since you do alot of business.. My job was offering me a Storm for a work phone and I told them I'd rather not have one. I'll stick with the 8830 they issued.
    06-02-09 01:31 PM
    Don't worry - we didn't send the rebates in yet. Sure there's a learning curve, especially touch screen devices but I hope it keeps up over 2 years. Especially for a power user. I guess I'm a bit sour over messing with an iPhone. (Like heck I'll ever switch to AT&T).

What have your experiences been so far?

I'm not looking for 'over the top features'. I'm looking for speed - I'm not looking for a media phone. I'm looking to make calls, respond to multiple email accounts (4 Total), surf the web (seamlessly, why can't BB use the WebKit?). Anything else is a welcome plus.

As for the memory leaks - After a pull I'm at around 40MB's, after 3 hours of use during the day I'm at 23mbs. I don't have any 3rd party apps beside UberTwitter & Facebook installed. (No themes etc.) As Web Developer I understand there are restrictions in the interface for a phone (the Storm has come a long way), but I'm just concerned that this phone won't bode well over the 2 years. Heck, I won't be able to 'upgrade' til June 1st, 2011 This phone has to last me til then.

Read above reply ^^
    Considering there is no rebate on the storm its a good thing you didnt send it in.
    06-02-09 01:32 PM
    Just my $0.02, the BB Storm is the first BlackBerry device I have owned. I like it a lot better than any other touch-keyboard only phone that I've used (e.g. Samsung Instinct). The SurePress is awesome and after a slight learning curve I can now type without looking at the screen. The fact that there are so many apps out there is also a plus as I love to have something new to paly around with from time to time. Anywho, that's just my thoughts.
    06-02-09 02:04 PM
    memory is over rated, ignore it
    06-02-09 02:20 PM
    Well guys I think this is it. I think i've had it, and it's typing on it. I think I'm in the physical keyboard world. Maybe after this next generation when things are more streamlined I'll re-adopt it. But I just wiped the BB and got the box ready...Tour here I come.

I really REALLY want to thank you all for all your feedback & suggestions. I think that's awesome for a community like this. I did try a fair amount to enjoy it, I even bought a few 3rd Party Apps. So anyways, thanks again and I'll see you on the Tour board
    06-03-09 09:22 PM
    There is a perfect phone 8830. I haven't had a prob yet. I had the storm on .75 it was bad. So I went to the store yesterday to check out.148 it was as bad. Just a little quicker. I really didn't see a difference. I am glad that I didn't do any betas. Seriously do you really see that big of a difference. I want a phone thart is flawless like my 8830

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Send me a picture message. Better yet let me send you one. Oh wait verizon says that since that phone don't have a camera it don't need to do MMS. Next problem with that phone. I want to install a few programs to use weekly. Doh I have to uninstall this to run that because I don't have enough app memory to have both. And yes I do have one and the only thing it does is answer emails and phone calls and get me into secure locations where I am not allowed a camera phone. My storm does everything else and then some.
    06-03-09 09:29 PM
    I've had other PDAs and had to reboot them everyday. I've had regular phones that restart for no reason, or anytime you start IM. No phone does it all and works flawlessly. Some phones are better than others. Most issues with the Storm are closing extra programs. Runs faster afterwards and get better battery life. Is V.148 better? Oh yeah. Perfect? No. Will there be other updates to fix more things, add improvements. I'm sure there will. What made you want a touchscreen blackerry in the first place? Because it's cool. Expect to have to pull the battery every so often. No big deal. So far it runs better than Windows on my PC, and its more configurable than a MAC. And you won't find another phone with as many apps as you can get for it. Not that I get many of those, but who knows what you'll want down the road? And if you still don't love the touchscreen by the end of your 30 days, return it and get the Tour. Myself I like full keyboards. It's always there and it works.
    06-04-09 11:25 AM
    We 9500 user did not get .148 so I can't say how well it works. But .141 for us had problems it was good but no gold code. Battery drain and mem leaks.

.151. dropped 4 days ago for the 9500 GSM phones and all I can say is it is gold code.
    The speed is great, battery life much improved, memory leak very little for me and if it does dwindle down during the day of heavy usage it recovers itself.
    I normally have 38 meg at boot then it goes down a bit as I use the phone but on .141 it did not come back until I did a bat pull every 2 days or so when it hit around 10 meg.

4 days usage on .151 with out a bat pull and right now I am sitting at 29.8 meg and I have had a very busy day on the phone over 200 emails and 20 phone calls and about 2 hours of browser time.
    Typing lag gone, keyboard responds almost instant.
    The new transitions are when you open or close an app or folder are great. Color banding issue gone. Browser is faster than ever.

Hang in there guys when you get your version of this OS you are going to wonder what the heck took em so long.
    06-04-09 11:55 AM
    Well guys I think this is it. I think i've had it, and it's typing on it. I think I'm in the physical keyboard world. Maybe after this next generation when things are more streamlined I'll re-adopt it. But I just wiped the BB and got the box ready...Tour here I come.

I really REALLY want to thank you all for all your feedback & suggestions. I think that's awesome for a community like this. I did try a fair amount to enjoy it, I even bought a few 3rd Party Apps. So anyways, thanks again and I'll see you on the Tour board
    Yeah I was going to post something similar to this. The biggest things about whether or not you like the Storm (assuming you don't get a device with faulty hardware straight out of the box) are:

1. Are you a Blackberry fan?
    If you aren't, you can still like the phone but your learning curve will be far larger and if you're looking for a solid multimedia phone with a very nice looking user interface (ala iPhone or Pre) then you'll be a bit disappointed. While the interface is pretty straightforward, a lot of the designs and layouts are very dated and are in dire need of some face lifting, but hey at least it works. A lot of new people I know with Blackberries will complain that after a long time the phone starts going real slow, and when I look at it, I notice that it's because they have sooo many apps running in the background from hitting the red "End Call" button instead of the "Back" button.

2. Can you get the hang of a touchscreen?
    That's the biggest one. Some people just prefer the more tactile feedback of physical keys. Sure the clicking screen helps a little but for some, nothing beats the feeling of having natural keys and being able to feel each individual key.

There are little things like apps and what not but granted what you stated you were looking for in a phone, my assumption that apps aren't the highest on your list of important features.

Sorry the Storm didn't work out for ya, the Tour looks to be a solid phone.

No phone is perfect and the Storm (even with .148) still leaves much to be desired, but it's always nice to hear constructive criticism. People expect to get honest and sincere advice and pointers while throwing temper tantrums and stating hyperboles about the phone's downfalls.
    06-04-09 12:16 PM
    Send me a picture message. Better yet let me send you one. Oh wait verizon says that since that phone don't have a camera it don't need to do MMS. Next problem with that phone. I want to install a few programs to use weekly. Doh I have to uninstall this to run that because I don't have enough app memory to have both. And yes I do have one and the only thing it does is answer emails and phone calls and get me into secure locations where I am not allowed a camera phone. My storm does everything else and then some.
    Haha my last phone was an 8830. It was about as reliable as my Storm is now (when I first got it, my 8830 was a much more solid device but RIM has done a decent job with improving its overall performance and reliability). My 8830 had a habit of freezing occasionally and my biggest gripe about the phone is that the physical keys were too close together and too small (phones like the Bold and Curve have far superior physical keyboards IMO).

I type faster on the Storm than I ever did on the 8830.
    06-04-09 12:18 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD