I have not been receiving my email for a couple weeks. Finally resolved that last night, however, now my ringtones will not show up!

I have them saved on the device (not the card) and they are listed when I plug it into the computer but when I look on the device they are not there!

With this ****ing BB if it isn't one thing its another!!!

Anyone have any suggestions?
    03-03-09 04:26 PM
    Sounds like user error
    03-03-09 04:27 PM
    return for an 8330!
    03-03-09 04:28 PM
    Sounds like user error
    Highly doubt that considering I have been adding ringtones fine for about 2 months. And to other devices for years before that!
    03-03-09 04:30 PM
    This should be in the rants forum.
    03-03-09 04:31 PM
    return for an 8330!
    Me likes chrisy. Best advice : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 04:40 PM

i can't believe how many people put up with that device. it's too much drama for me!
    03-03-09 04:41 PM
    This should be in the rants forum.
    Great now my QUESTION is never going to get answered!
    03-03-09 04:41 PM
    i can't believe how many people put up with that device. it's too much drama for me!
    Lots of us dont have any issues, and with each update the phone gets better and better.

I love my storm. Sorry you dont. Best you return it and get something you will be happy with
    03-03-09 04:43 PM
    Lots of us dont have any issues, and with each update the phone gets better and better.

I love my storm. Sorry you dont. Best you return it and get something you will be happy with
    i don't ahve a storm. i just see the issue folks are having with them. i'm happy with my curve. no need to take it so personally. if my 8330 gave me half the trouble reported with the storm...i'd return that.

i don't see many people with NO issues. i wouldn't want a phone that needs to have leaked beta OSs to work, on top of all the other issues reported. the phone is a train wreck.

seerms you've had a few issues as well: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/big...ml#post1327441, http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ema...4/#post1341869.

i'm not saying it won't be fixed...i just don't have the energy to work on my phone everyday...
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-03-09 at 04:51 PM.
    03-03-09 04:45 PM
    Maybe it was the title? maybe it was the text? I dont know, but what i do know, is cigarettes didnt move this thread.

What directory is it under? Try Media > BB Key > Explore > Device memory or System, go deeper and you should see a ringtone folder, if its not there try the music folder
    03-03-09 04:46 PM
    Go buy a Curve?

All joking aside. It looks like you're already running .109. I am too and aren't having these issues.

I'd be inclined to do a JL Cmdr wipe and reinstall the OS - just a suggestion!
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-03-09 at 04:51 PM.
    03-03-09 04:46 PM
    i don't ahve a storm. i just see the issue folks are having with them. i'm happy with my curve. no need to take it so personally. if my 8330 gave me half the trouble reported with the storm...i'd return that.

i don't see many people with NO issues. i wouldn't want a phone that needs to have leaked beta OSs to work, on top of all the other issues reported. the phone is a train wreck.

seerms you've had a few issues as well: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/big...ml#post1327441
    actually the email thing is a BB feature, I was just unaware of it. And the ringer thing I did myself to be honest. I had the phone on vibrate. Was new to the storm and unfamiliar with it. But thanks for doing a search on me
    03-03-09 04:50 PM
    actually the email thing is a BB feature, I was just unaware of it. And the ringer thing I did myself to be honest. I had the phone on vibrate. Was new to the storm and unfamiliar with it. But thanks for doing a search on me
    just seems that there are A LOT of complaints and folks wanting new OS so badly bc the official ones aren't working very well. believe me, i want the phone to work; i sell them. i hate seeing them come back

lol, no problem. it's the stalker in me i'm watching you now...
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-03-09 at 05:00 PM.
    03-03-09 04:54 PM
    i agree with the "get a curve" crowd. if you've tried your best to get the storm working and it just won't cut it, the curve might be a better fit. that's if you want to stay in the bb family...
    03-03-09 05:00 PM
    just seems that there are A LOT of complaints and folks wanting new OS so badly bc the official ones aren't working very well.
    the whiners usually have the biggest mouths and make the most noise. no offense to the OP.

for a little insight as to how many people are actually happy with the storm look at this user satisfaction poll. just a little bit of information to put things in perspective.
    03-03-09 05:03 PM
    Move the ringtones out of the music folder into the ringtones folder.

03-03-09 05:07 PM
    just seems that there are A LOT of complaints and folks wanting new OS so badly bc the official ones aren't working very well. believe me, i want the phone to work; i sell them. i hate seeing them come back

lol, no problem. it's the stalker in me i'm watching you now...
    I know its not the phone for everyone. And thats fine. Every BB that comes out has issues. Some people know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and dont mind a few bumps in the road. others however would rather go with a tried and true product. No shame in that either. Look at the bold when that came out. And Id argue the curve when first introduced had its fair share of problems as well.
    03-03-09 05:10 PM

i swear to god you guys always post right on top of each others balls (you and civic)
    03-03-09 05:15 PM
    @Roscopcoletrain

Yes, i agree. To each their own. i know a lot of people love tinkering with the phone and downloading every OS. That's cool. Just not my cup of tea. i like reliability and consistency. i'm boring. Ha.

And of course this is a forum for getting help so of course most posts will be for issues.

i used the storm with the original OS and then again with .75. The former was very laggy and frustrating for me, even for basic functions. i hope a killer OS is released soon!

03-03-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD