I used JL_commander to wipe all works well but MMS issue is there. Is it better to upgrade or JL wipe? If upgrade what OS should I update from. Others who have MMS working on verizon please tell me your process for upgrade.
    02-17-09 09:16 AM
    I've done both. I haven't noticed any issues with stacking OSes.
    02-17-09 09:21 AM
    I have used both methods, but for the last three upgrades (.99, Sith Hybred v3, and Hybred .106) I have NOT wiped.

I also have recently used APPLoader method instead of DM and it seems to be an easier process, faster and cleaner for me.
    02-17-09 09:25 AM
    Speaking of JL_Commander, I used it to wipe, but my settings are still there. Did they get added back automatically when I selected my third-party apps, or did I not correctly do a wipe? I followed the instructions in the other thread.

Either way, hybrid .106 seems to be pretty stable and fast for me so far.
    02-17-09 09:57 AM
    Speaking of JL_Commander, I used it to wipe, but my settings are still there. Did they get added back automatically when I selected my third-party apps, or did I not correctly do a wipe? I followed the instructions in the other thread.

Either way, hybrid .106 seems to be pretty stable and fast for me so far.
    when you upgraded your OS, did you set it to load your backup file as well?

wiping before upgrading is purely at your own discretion. its not needed. ive never once wiped and my phone runs just fine. if you feel better doing it, so be it, but if you're not comfortable or dont feel like it.. 99.99% of the time its not going to make a difference for you.
    02-17-09 10:34 AM
    when you upgraded your OS, did you set it to load your backup file as well?
    You know, I probably did. I guess I didn't pay as much attention as I should have during that part of the process.

wiping before upgrading is purely at your own discretion. its not needed. ive never once wiped and my phone runs just fine. if you feel better doing it, so be it, but if you're not comfortable or dont feel like it.. 99.99% of the time its not going to make a difference for you.
    Good to know, because it does make me a bit nervous!
    02-17-09 02:45 PM
    im never used the wipe when i update the DM wipes for me and restores it back plug it and forget it
    02-17-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD