I downloaded Jewberry, they now support Storm. But, I'm having issues and support isn't responding to my emails.

Anyone who uses Jewberry have problems with 1/2 screen and the keyboard that won't go away?

BTW, Jewberry is an application that lets me download and use Jewish prayer books on my Storm. It comes in handy when I'm somewhere late and don't have a prayer book with me.

Anyone (Jewish) using this?

Thx,

Yehudah
    12-23-08 04:11 PM
    I do not use that app but i would suggest going under advanced options, applications and hitting menu next to the app and diabling compatibility mode.
    12-23-08 04:16 PM
    Thanks blaz for the info. I did that and the screen is better.... now on to the functionality of the program:

None of the menus (prayer categories) are selectable. You can't scroll or select, or change the font size.

I paid $30 for this app... and it doesn't work as advertized....

I want it to work, I need the app... I'll play with it some more I guess.

Thanks,
    12-23-08 04:26 PM
    I didn't see on the Jewberry website where they support Storm, can you provide a link?
    12-23-08 04:31 PM
    You have to press the back button key for the keyboard to pop up. I know when I read with mobipocket I only get a half readable screen. I need the keyboard to hit the spacebar to move the page down. I understand about reading the scripture I use Beiks for my Bible.
    12-23-08 04:33 PM
    What do you do if you forget a prayer on shabbat? They should create a version that turns on by itself on shabbat with voice recognition :P.

Fellow Jewish Blackberry owner reporting for duty.
    12-23-08 04:37 PM
    I should try that...does it cost anything?
    12-23-08 04:45 PM
    Im sorry but the name of this app sounds like a derogatory slang!!.....jewberry?
    12-23-08 04:50 PM
    What do you do if you forget a prayer on shabbat? They should create a version that turns on by itself on shabbat with voice recognition :P.

Fellow Jewish Blackberry owner reporting for duty.
    Yup, they'd have to create a blackberry that operated by voice only, because electronic devices that require manual input are muksah on Shabbos. IRT forgetting a prayer on Shabbos... I'd certainly use a siddur.. and not my Storm even if it weren't muksah... it's just easier to read.

I had a winmo phone with the siddur, chumash w/rashi, and tehillim, and Luach.. loved that phone because of that.

Just wish I could get the same functionality out of my storm.
    12-23-08 04:53 PM
    Im sorry but the name of this app sounds like a derogatory slang!!.....jewberry?
    Jews are Jews... it isn't derogatory at all. The only other thing I think it could be called is Yidberry... lol.
    12-23-08 04:55 PM
    I should try that...does it cost anything?
    30 shekalim

LOL
    12-23-08 04:55 PM
    I didn't see on the Jewberry website where they support Storm, can you provide a link?
    Look at the bottom of the main page.
    12-23-08 04:56 PM
    I'll trade you a bagel with lox from NYC for it!

Yidberry actually sounds cool, but, that would be a better name for a translator, or an app that switches every 5th word you type into a yiddish substitute
    12-23-08 05:03 PM
    I'll trade you a bagel with lox from NYC for it!

Yidberry actually sounds cool, but, that would be a better name for a translator, or an app that switches every 5th word you type into a yiddish substitute
    It does sound cool. Might buy the domain name and create a Yidberry Forum.... hehe.
    12-23-08 07:00 PM
    Yup, they'd have to create a blackberry that operated by voice only, because electronic devices that require manual input are muksah on Shabbos. IRT forgetting a prayer on Shabbos... I'd certainly use a siddur.. and not my Storm even if it weren't muksah... it's just easier to read.

I had a winmo phone with the siddur, chumash w/rashi, and tehillim, and Luach.. loved that phone because of that.

Just wish I could get the same functionality out of my storm.
    I just got a Storm to replace my Treo. The one feature I miss most is the Penticon Luach that I had on the Treo. I can't find anything similar to that Luach program. If you find anything, I'd love to hear about it.

For other Hebrew texts, I've downloaded the texts from the Chabad site. The reader is not written specifically for the Storm so it runs in compatibility mode (portrait only, keyboard at bottom), but at least it works -- and is free! They have quite a large selection of Hebrew texts that you can download.
    01-08-09 10:56 AM
    Jews are Jews... it isn't derogatory at all. The only other thing I think it could be called is Yidberry... lol.
    Not Jewish but that was funny.....Yidberry.
    01-08-09 01:24 PM
    Turn oF compatibility mode. Options advanced applications highlight the app options the bb burton them turn off compatibiltt mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 02:24 PM
    Jewberry is the coolest name for an app ever!!!
    01-08-09 04:26 PM
    Since OS .86 supports Hebrew, you can always try onlinesiddur.com, which has Ashkenaz, Sefard (Ari), and Edot Hamizrah. However, it doesn't display the nikkudim.

Does Jewberry have Sefardi/Mizrahi tefillot?
    01-14-09 12:16 PM
    I'm brand new with BB. I have TOUR. Kindly provide url for siddur and calendar.

I have siddur but cannot get to Shmona Esrei of Mincha or Maariv.

Is there a Heb calendar that updates / merges with the BB calendar?

Thanks,
    Tall Jay
    06-18-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD