Im sorry? is that what we were talking about? how long people have had their storm? i dont know cx might want to start a different thread for that one.
    02-21-09 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the info CX, will be funny to see all the people saying it made a uge difference... i did find it curious that people werent saying there was a huge difference in functionality in between.103 and .103/.106 hybrid
    What's funny to me, and it's because I test these for a living, is that 97% of these people do not know what's in the actual java files and how it works. So without a real understanding of what is actually going on, you cannot indeed know what you are changing, if anything, and if it really helps. Only what they perceive. Theres a big difference.
    02-21-09 06:46 PM
    Alright, seriously you guys, HIS JOB IS WORKING WITH BB's...the placebo effect is a perfectly reasonable explanation, every time there is a new OS people ALWAYS say how much better the new one is over the previous ones, so with that in your mind when trying the hybrid, obviously you are going to think its the latest and greatest...
    02-21-09 06:47 PM
    How long have yo had your Storm? I've been using mine since July of 08. But again, as long as you're happy. I'm using .120 and I'm very very happy.
    .120 Dam !!!! any way for you to leak that with a few Million lol
    02-21-09 06:47 PM
    Alright, seriously you guys, HIS JOB IS WORKING WITH BB's...the placebo effect is a perfectly reasonable explanation, every time there is a new OS people ALWAYS say how much better the new one is over the previous ones, so with that in your mind when trying the hybrid, obviously you are going to think its the latest and greatest...
    how about you try it and report back to us with what you find. i think you will be surprised
    02-21-09 06:49 PM
    Im sorry? is that what we were talking about? how long people have had their storm? i dont know cx might want to start a different thread for that one.
    My point is that you do not know about BlackBerry. And you surely are not familiar with the code itself and how it works. I've been using a Storm since it's Alpha days, and unlike yourself I am very familiar with the device and the code. But if you would like to explain to me, what is different when you use a different builds java files and how it changes performance I'd surely like to see/hear it.
    02-21-09 06:50 PM
    First off, considering you know nothing about .109, I'd say yeah. Considering I used this build weeks ago, I'd say yeah. Can you say placebo effect. .103 was a good build, and that's it. Using the .106 java files didn't really make a difference. But hey, I only work on and with these every day. I might not know what I'm talking about.
    I wasn't clear, I thought it was funny everyone said it made a big difference and it really didn't, I'm aware of your credentials. I didn't try it myself. I may try .109 java files if there is not a 9530 leak tonight just because I'm board.
    why must you insist on arguing? you think CX is wrong ok. Personally, if someone like CX says something, i tend to listen, just because for what i have seen he is probably he most knowledgable person on this site. Not trying to kiss ***, just stating the truth. and im sure most people on this site would agree
    how about you try it and report back to us with what you find. i think you will be surprised
    I think I'll preserve my time by not doing it on account of the fact the guy who works with BB's says it doesn't do anything.
    I wasn't clear, I thought it was funny everyone said it made a big difference and it really didn't, I'm aware of your credentials. I didn't try it myself. I may try .109 java files if there is not a 9530 leak tonight just because I'm board.
    I understand, and apologize if I was harsh. I did not mean to be. I just don't want people getting the wrong information and believe it to be written in stone is all. It's awful hard to explain the code itself and the interaction with the JVM. But it's just not as simple as meshing two OS's together and viola everything is better. Otherwise the perfect OS would have been built already. Again, I apologize for how my post came off. I re-read it and I was out of line.
    02-21-09 06:53 PM
    your right, no need to argue. Just letting you know, from .103 to .103/.106 hybrid there was a stand out difference in typing for me. No typing lag.
    02-21-09 06:55 PM
    I understand, and apologize if I was harsh. I did not mean to be. I just don't want people getting the wrong information and believe it to be written in stone is all. It's awful hard to explain the code itself and the interaction with the JVM. But it's just not as simple as meshing two OS's together and viola everything is better. Otherwise the perfect OS would have been built already. Again, I apologize for how my post came off. I re-read it and I was out of line.
    No worries, can you mess things up with switching the java files? or is it just a futile exercise anyway?
    02-21-09 06:56 PM
    Thank you Crucial you had me fired up. I really could care less about this thread. But the fact that you came in here and started stirring up the pot and insulting people was not what I feel a moderator should do. I may disagree with your moderating tactics ( and your tact and arrogance) but putting my personal differences aside, I do agree that you do know what you are talking about and I would consider you an expert on how these things tick.
    02-21-09 06:58 PM
    Collin, You are talking to a man who does this for a living... as in, he was hired to do this specifically because he has a large understanding of it.

Let it go.

We will get .120 soon enough, then everyone can be happy (for 5 seconds).
    02-21-09 06:58 PM
    I have to chime in here. How do you explain the .86 mms COD file that works and pictures can be sent now.

Also the CDMA file does nothing?????

Charlie
    02-21-09 07:01 PM
    Collin, You are talking to a man who does this for a living... as in, he was hired to do this specifically because he has a large understanding of it.

Let it go.

We will get .120 soon enough, then everyone can be happy (for 5 seconds).
    but i have an understanding that it works. i dont understand any of the coding or anything like that, but i know doing this works
    02-21-09 07:04 PM
    No worries, can you mess things up with switching the java files? or is it just a futile exercise anyway?
    Yes it can. What you should understand is that while a "hybrid OS" may have "some" benefits(not even close to being on a different platform) it's not just throwing 2 OS's together. First you have to have fully used all versions to know what's good and what's not and how they're going to interact with each other. IMHO, the radio code is the most important, but my point is just throwing two OS's together aren't going to give you a great OS. And the improvements, if any, will only be minimal. Very minimal.

Thank you Crucial you had me fired up. I really could care less about this thread. But the fact that you came in here and started stirring up the pot and insulting people was not what I feel a moderator should do. I may disagree with your moderating tactics ( and your tact and arrogance) but putting my personal differences aside, I do agree that you do know what you are talking about and I would consider you an expert on how these things tick.
    First off, I'm not arrogant. I only speak directly and to the point. You have to understand, that not only did I go to school for my knowloedge and profession, it's what I do day in and day out. When I try and tell someone something, I do it politely. But when someone tries to tell me otherwise, it's a different story. It's not me I'm worried about you see. It's all the other members here at CB that might not know any better, and will now have forever etched in their mind something that is wrong. I'm trying to halt the spread of mis-information. Which obviously runs rampant here and at other forums. That said, I was a bit out of line. But I like others am human. Anyways I hope this is cleared up. Thanks.
    02-21-09 07:05 PM
    So just for clarification, the 109 java files may make a little difference or none at all? i guess i truely don't understand. I do know that using a java file from an older build did make forwarding MMS actually work again, so i have to think they do something.. as far as the platform number isn't that the version of the radio file? I'm not arguing, i have the utmost respect for you crucial, just trying to understand a bit.
    02-21-09 07:21 PM
    So I am just wondering crucial. How much potential do you are or think the storm will have once it has been given the gold cold? You said on the earlier post you we're ok .120 which sounds like really good news. But what do you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 04:34 PM
    Well been using .103 and so far it is working fine though the blue light doesn't follow the text as fast as I type this. But the text on the screen is quite speedy enough for now. I am still trying to get the hang textinh and typing with this phone. Been having it for about four or three months kind of getting us to it but it is coming slow. Also it kind of take more force to press year acerb since the day I got it any help on what I can do to improve the resistance that has built over time?off topic but I won't he trying these hybrid builds anymore sticking with 9530 betas only now am quite satisfied with .103

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:34 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD