Can anyone help me out? I'm running v4.7.075 (Platform 4.0.0.94). The results are identical regardless of the status of the compatibility mode you can toggle in the Application list. I know these applications weren't written specifically for the Storm, but I know others use them. What am I doing wrong?

QuickPull - When it asks "Are you sure you would like to reset your device?" I click on "Yes" and it says "Something went wrong. Aborting. Do you have permissions set to ALLOW? See device log or more details." and then another window pops up that says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" and then I'm returned to the Storm home screen.

SoftReset - I click the giant "RESET" button and it says "Please wait..." and then it says "Would you like to grant aa_DeleteToReset Trusted Application status?" and I click "Yes" and then it says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" and then I'm returned to the "RESET" screen.
    01-04-09 01:04 PM
    Did you set email to allow? I know that it sounds strange to allow the program to access email but for some of the users it seems to be the solution that they needed to get the java errors to disappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 01:48 PM
    Did you set email to allow?
    My apologies for putting you into a position where you have to hold my hand on this one, but I just don't know what you mean by that.
    01-04-09 02:44 PM
    My apologies for putting you into a position where you have to hold my hand on this one, but I just don't know what you mean by that.
    It's alright, what I am saying here is that you have to give the program permission to access email.

Options>Advanced Options> Applications>hightlight Quickpull>BB Key>Edit Permissions>User Data> Set the box to Allow.

I also have these settings under Connections [first two to allow and rest to prompt] and Interactions [Allow for everything except the last two are Deny]. They should make a difference but they can't hurt to be changed if not set to them already.

01-04-09 03:09 PM
    I sincerely appreciate your help, but it's just not happening. Oh well. Not compatible... with my phone, at least.
    01-04-09 03:39 PM
    Can anyone help me out? I'm running v4.7.075 (Platform 4.0.0.94). The results are identical regardless of the status of the compatibility mode you can toggle in the Application list. I know these applications weren't written specifically for the Storm, but I know others use them. What am I doing wrong?

QuickPull - When it asks "Are you sure you would like to reset your device?" I click on "Yes" and it says "Something went wrong. Aborting. Do you have permissions set to ALLOW? See device log or more details." and then another window pops up that says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" and then I'm returned to the Storm home screen.

SoftReset - I click the giant "RESET" button and it says "Please wait..." and then it says "Would you like to grant aa_DeleteToReset Trusted Application status?" and I click "Yes" and then it says "Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException" and then I'm returned to the "RESET" screen.
    Everything that has been mentioned is correct. The key is going into the Options>Advanced Options>Applications>HighlightSoftReset>Click Modules>Delete the "aa_DeleteToReset"
    Once deleted, your STORM will actually reset and the app should be back to normal. Whenever, you are about to reset and (for whatever reason) do not carry out that command, you will see the "aa_DeleteToReset" file. Hope this helps
    01-04-09 04:03 PM
    I had "Quick Pull" installed, and ALL the permissions (even the second stage ones) set to allow, but kept getting the
    "Something went wrong. Aborting. Do you have permissions set to ALLOW? See device log or more details."

It just never worked...

Any ideas?
    01-04-09 05:08 PM
    There is the new version (1.1.2) compatible with the Storm!
    Avalaible here: store.berryreview.com/product.asp?id=22989&n=QuickPull
    01-04-09 07:23 PM
    There is the new version (1.1.2) compatible with the Storm!
    Avalaible here: store.berryreview.com/product.asp?id=22989&n=QuickPull
    trying it now - I had a few lock ups (.85) with it and could never get it to work on .76
    01-04-09 07:35 PM
    Same results.

"Something went wrong. Aborting. Do you have permissions set to ALLOW? See device log for more details." and the Java error.

I've checked ALL the permissions are set to ALLOW.
    01-04-09 07:44 PM
    The new version (1.1.2) is also available OTA. I've had it installed on my storm for 2 days now and it has been running just as fine as 1.0 worked for me. I like that they added the ability to schedule a reboot so that I an set it to do a reboot late at night if needed.

http://go.mobihand.com/?op=dlmh&pd=22989&l=1&ps=102

01-04-09 11:51 PM

same issue with me... neither quickpull or softreset wants to work.

tried everything in this thread... still nada.... back to the manual battery pull for me.
    01-09-09 01:08 PM
    same issue with me... neither quickpull or softreset wants to work.

tried everything in this thread... still nada.... back to the manual battery pull for me.
    I too have been unable to get either QuickPull (the latest version) or softreset to work - running .75 - have checked all the permissions and everything else suggested.

I do not understand why there is such variability from Storm to Storm - is it all about the different OS s that everyone is using? It makes it very difficult/frustrating to get help though forums like this since it seems like no two phones are the same.
    01-12-09 05:44 PM
    When you use QuickPull you get prompted twice asking if you want to resest. Is there anyway to stop it from asking the second time. It makes the new scheduled reset option pointless.
    Last edited by The Antagonist; 01-12-09 at 08:44 PM.
    01-12-09 08:41 PM
    I have a new one for everyone.

I HAD .75 up until today. Quickpull and SoftReset both worked.

Just installed 0.90 and they still both work.

Just switched from BIS to BES.

Now I get this stupid error on both!
    01-23-09 04:50 PM
    I resolved this issue by setting the permissions for the "Email Setup Application" to Allow for all. Don't know exactly why it worked, but it did.
    01-23-09 05:08 PM
    i cant get either to work right.

they do work sometimes, but when i need them to work, they dont.

i think the issue is this....

i need to do a quick pull because the device is acting strangely.

but the program doesnt work because the device is acting strangely

get it?
    01-23-09 05:08 PM
    I resolved this issue by setting the permissions for the "Email Setup Application" to Allow for all. Don't know exactly why it worked, but it did.
    WOW!

Thanks alot! That worked and I don't know why but it did.
    01-23-09 05:24 PM
    Glad I could help...
    01-23-09 05:25 PM
    Aroach's tip worked for me!
    Thanks roach!
    02-04-09 06:21 PM
    haha.... worked for me too... you are the man. this app saves me a lot of trouble.

thank you very much.
    02-22-09 03:47 PM
    This tip worked for me. Was able to do a Quickpull reset with ALLOW for ALL permissions.

I'm a newbie BB user. What are the ramifications of changing the CUSTOM settings I had for Connections and Interactions? I assume this was done by my company who release the security policy for my use with the BB
    03-12-09 08:42 PM
    Damn this also worked for me. What the **** does the email setup app have to do with the reset. Oh well, guess I should just accept it and rejoice in the fact that i no longer need to pull the panel & battery to reset
    03-13-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD