I just bought a jailbroken storm 1 from some guy and of course its a Verizon phone, and im using it with Cincinnati Bell Wireless...its saying im in the "edge" network if that helps anyone answer me, but what i need to know is how i can get on the browser or download apps or anything, so far i feel like i can only call and text...is there anyway to get data to my phone, someone told me that i may need to register the PIN somehow, CinBell was no help, that guy was just a total ******, wouldn't stop talking about the 2 year equipment agreement, almost told him to shut up he was so annoying...little help, ask questions if you need more info to help me
    05-23-10 01:44 PM
    Jailbroken? Really?
    05-23-10 07:16 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan on your account? If not, then that's where you have to start.
    05-23-10 07:23 PM
    I know you can unlock a Storm to use other SIM cards, but I have never heard this being called "jailbreaking". Unlike jailbreaking, which very much is against Apple's policy for iPhones, unlocking Storms is perfectly fine with VZW; they even will provide the information to do it to their customers for free.
    05-23-10 07:49 PM
    Like chustle said, you will first need a BlackBerry data plan in order to be able to access the browser and apps. You will have all of the Cincinatti Bell service books sent to your phone automatically when your data plan is added. Without one, all you can do is call and text.
    05-24-10 12:52 PM
    I just bought a jailbroken storm 1 from some guy and of course its a Verizon phone, and im using it with Cincinnati Bell Wireless...its saying im in the "edge" network if that helps anyone answer me, but what i need to know is how i can get on the browser or download apps or anything, so far i feel like i can only call and text...is there anyway to get data to my phone, someone told me that i may need to register the PIN somehow, CinBell was no help, that guy was just a total ******, wouldn't stop talking about the 2 year equipment agreement, almost told him to shut up he was so annoying...little help, ask questions if you need more info to help me
    Only iPhone's can be jailbroken so I am assuming you really meant it being unlocked. In order to get anything data related you will need a BIS or BES plan for the device.
    05-29-10 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD