Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/e2/e2833c2a04d8ea2ddf3eb7664ee6a21347161938532816fc2850298dca249ec8.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20210910145921/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
    has anyone else noticed that when JL Commander completes a wipe that not everything is erased????

It seems that is the preferred/recommended method & software when installing a new OS or especially a hybrid, but the last time I used I noticed that phone logs, previously saved settings, etc. were left on the phone......

I haven't tried Crackmem or Crackutil to wipe, but wasn't sure if this was typical......JL Commander is pretty straightforward so I didn't think it was possible to do something wrong.....
    05-30-09 11:56 AM
    No I've noticed that too...even before I restore some of the previous information that was on the phone (even though the 507 error did come up) was still on there and even after a wipe it never feels like I'm truly starting from scratch. Could anyone shine any light on this subject?
    05-30-09 12:06 PM
    Weird, bc I just wiped with JL and did not restore anything from a backup and there was zero info on call logs, messages... This was the first time that I would have ever been able to check this, since normally I restore after a wipe, but are you sure you are wiping correctly? If so, then are you sure that you are not restoring one or more of your databses when you reinstall after the 507 error?
    05-30-09 12:15 PM
    The OS may still be there in some state but it is disabled/wiped in a sense.

If you are seeing phone logs, then it may not be wiping as expected.

Normally, after wiping, installing a new os will report almost every single module as Not Installed and only a file or two that says Update.

Every now and then, I will run JL_Commander and run the Reset To Factory followed by a Wipe. May not make a difference
    05-30-09 12:16 PM
    I'll test again, as I am currently using one of the hybrids with the .90 radio and having issues, so a new OS or Hybrid is in my future.....

I used to not wipe until I started using hybrids, the few times I have (w/JL Commander) it seems like I am not getting the "complete" wipe, just a wipe of the OS....not sure that I even get the actual 507 error, just something referencing to reload an OS....

since JL Commander is fairly simplistic and ***** proof (maybe not for me) I'm not seeing how I could be missing a step...simply answering yes/no, selecting wipe device, then typing in "blackberry" when prompted.....

anything else I'm missing? I may give Crackmem or Crackutil a shot this next time just to see the results....
    05-30-09 01:01 PM
    Based on what you described as the steps, you are doing it correctly.

What is it that seems to be remaining from before the wipe?
    05-30-09 04:18 PM
    Noticed it too, something that works for me if I want to completely wipe the device is to format the device memory.

Options --> Memory --> BB Key --> Format --> Device Memory

I do this right before I do the JL Wipe and everything gets deleted.
    05-30-09 05:21 PM
    Based on what you described as the steps, you are doing it correctly.

What is it that seems to be remaining from before the wipe?
    noticed existing phone log (calls) remains, also various custom settings (from option menu) are retained after restoring new OS....

about to load a new OS, so I'm going to try to use Crackmem or Crackutil and see what happens....

**Update: Used CrackUtil to wipe device....appears to have erased things JL Commander did not....phone logs, blue tooth device connections, custom settings, etc......at this point would recommend CU over JLC for that reason....
    Last edited by wademac; 05-30-09 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Update
    05-30-09 05:35 PM
    where is link to crackutil? i cant find it no where.
    06-02-09 04:08 PM
    Here you go...scroll towards the bottom of the first post, it's a zip file....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    06-02-09 04:21 PM
    cool thanx! now that i got it on my DT, how do i install the official .148 to it so i can load it after wipe?
    06-02-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD