A section of the screen on my storm seems to have become unresponsive. When I hold the phone with the buttons in the right I cannot highlight the N key! I have cleaned the screen to no avail and it has not com into contact with any moisture. Has anyone else had any issues like this? I haven't had any other hardware related issues and this is a bit disconcerting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 03:29 PM
    does it still click? my first storm (on number 2) screen got stuck for a little bit and i dont know why. after it "unstuck" itself, the clicking felt really dull so i took it to verizon and changed it out. not sure if that helps at all but thast the closest ive come. good luck.
    02-22-09 03:34 PM
    Clicking isn't the problem. It clicks very well. I cannot even highlight the N key on the virtual keyboard when holding the phone with the buttons on the right. I can highlight all of the surrounding keys but the section of the screen where the N is does not respond to touch. This applies to all apps not just the keyboard.

EDIT: I was just fiddling around with the mouse cursor in the browser and when I pass over the section of the screen In question the cursor immediately jumps to the upper left corner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Hi Ho; 02-22-09 at 03:47 PM.
    02-22-09 03:43 PM
    Weird

10char
    02-22-09 03:59 PM
    Pull the battery. If that doesn't clear up the problem, then that perticular part of the screen digitizer has gone bad. You'll need to get the phone replaced under warranty. Call Verizon.
    02-22-09 05:07 PM
    my first storm had a few bad sensors on the screen after a week( the row just below the blckberry logo went). Brought the phone in to verizon store and they replaced it with a new (not refurb) storm.
    brought in my laptop and used DM to swap devices at the store.
    hope that helped.
    02-22-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD