So I have followed every step in the "how to update to a leaked os" and the "Why won't my OS update?! I delted the Vendor.xml" forums.

I followed each to the T and it will still not work. I plug my bb in, open DM, go to App Loader, upgrade. Then comes up .75 and .86. I dissable the internet, and when I click next it tells me there are no updates available.

Can someone PLEASE help me? If you're going to bash me, wait until someone has helped me first. Because once a single person flames, it turns into a fire storm. Thanks.
    01-20-09 09:17 AM
    what os are you trying to upgrade to? isn't .86 the latest for the 9530?
    01-20-09 09:24 AM
    Yes it is. But it says that there is no update, after I already selected .86.
    01-20-09 09:25 AM
    You are checking the .86 box?
    You can click "options" if nothing else works, that should take you through it?

I just downgraded back to .75.
    i went .65 - .75 - .85 - .86 down to .83, then back to .75 lol
    01-20-09 09:26 AM
    after you install the .86 (the file you downloaded), open the DM, connect your berry, disable your internet connection, then update. don't check for updates while your internet connection is active.
    01-20-09 09:28 AM
    so you're trying to load .86 to your phone? try running the app loader w/o dm. i think in vista it's something like: c:>program files>common files>research in motion>app loader. (run it w/ the usb connected of course and w/o the dm running) hopefully this will work. that's what i finally had to do when installing .85 and i've used it since for .86 without any problems
    01-20-09 09:30 AM
    remove .75 completely by going to your control panel - add or remove programs - then click details to see which is .75 and REMOVE it. i had the same issue. Also i know you say your internet is not connected but MAKE SURE ITS NOT! Restart your computer after you remove .75 and try again. Also are you going to "update software" i usually just use app loader, not sure if that matters. Just open app loader and it should see .86 or whatever OS u want to upgrade too.
    01-20-09 09:33 AM
    Everytime I do it my internet is off before I open DM. And if I remove it from my computer, what if I still can't make .86 work? I'd have to go through another hour to get .75 back right?

I'm going to try to do apploader without DM and I'll see if that works. But please send more responses because it most likely won't work for me.
    01-20-09 09:37 AM
    Everytime I do it my internet is off before I open DM. And if I remove it from my computer, what if I still can't make .86 work? I'd have to go through another hour to get .75 back right?

I'm going to try to do apploader without DM and I'll see if that works. But please send more responses because it most likely won't work for me.
    if you deleted the downloaded .75 file, then yeah you'll have to redownload it. i saw a suggestion on the forums before about saving all of the downloaded os files into a folder on your desktop. and just uninstalling when you're ready to upgrade to a new os. that way you'll always have a copy to reinstall should the new os not work out for you. good luck w/ the app loader!
    01-20-09 09:43 AM
    I'm having the same issue trying to update to .86 and last night .88. Perhaps I'm just fortunate I can't do it anyway.

Anyway. Wiped the device installed the update toy computer running vista. Plugged in my bb with the internet disconnected and the only options I got were for .65 and .75.

Tom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 09:52 AM
    I'm having the same issue trying to update to .86 and last night .88. Perhaps I'm just fortunate I can't do it anyway.

Anyway. Wiped the device installed the update toy computer running vista. Plugged in my bb with the internet disconnected and the only options I got were for .65 and .75.

Tom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    .88 is only for the 9500 (europe/australia) version of the storm. and try directly going to the app loader directly from the program files (see my above post) for installing .86
    01-20-09 09:54 AM
    IT WORKED! FINALLY! I've been trying to do this since about 6:00 yesterday. And from what I've already seen of the accelerometer, it's much faster!
    01-20-09 10:05 AM
    haha congrats! .86 has worked like a charm for me. it froze up for the first time today, but it was no big deal. 1 battery pull in two weeks is completely acceptable for me!
    01-20-09 10:16 AM
    I wish more people would stop using DM4.7. It's the cause of all these simple issues.
    01-20-09 10:21 AM
    yea scfrew it i am downloading DM 4.6 right now, cause it DOES seem that there werent all this little quirky mishaps until 4.7
    01-20-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD