when i click "blackberry media sync," i keep getting an error message that says "The BlackBerry Media Sync installation failed to initialize. Please run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager with administrative privleges and try again"

what does this mean and how i can i get my itunes to hook up to play music?

i also want to put music starting from the middle of a song...is that possible?

thanks
    12-20-08 12:22 PM
    Hi all, just got my storm on Thursday (FIRST BLACKBERRY AND I LOVE IT) and I am having the same issue....spent the best part of the day yesterday trying to figure it out, but to no avail. I found that I can copy and paste to create files in explorer, but really would like to be able to use the sync that comes with the package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....THANKS
    12-21-08 07:53 AM
    I am having issues too. I was able to download the music sync at blackberry.com and everything was fine for a day. Now I get error music and it won't play my ringtone or SMS notifications I selected.
    12-21-08 11:12 AM
    I was able to get by this by right clicking on the desktop manager icon on the desktop and choose run as administrator. I am on Vista buisness. Not sure if this will work for you or not.
    12-21-08 07:53 PM
    when i click "blackberry media sync," i keep getting an error message that says "The BlackBerry Media Sync installation failed to initialize. Please run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager with administrative privleges and try again"

what does this mean and how i can i get my itunes to hook up to play music?

i also want to put music starting from the middle of a song...is that possible?

thanks

Blackberry Media Sync isn't installed, do a google search for "Blackberry Media Sync" and click on the link for the software at Blackberry. Download the software and install it. The error message will go away. I was getting the same error message, did this and the error went away.
    12-21-08 08:24 PM
    OK, Got it working....Seems that the software installed from supplied disc was freezing on install. Downloaded sync from Blackberry site, and all is well. All songs, info, and album art is now on media card.
    Loving the Storm more and more as I get used to it....AWESOME!
    12-21-08 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD