well lets face it,

although it costs money, it is the most convenient way of getting formatted ready to go videos.

though the problem is, their only good for ipods and computer playback.

I just became aware that like itunes music, the videos are NOT DRM free.

so,

is their a way to remove the DRM from the VIDEO file and than convert the file to work on the storm?

im assuming their must be a program available already considering that someone must want to play their purchased videos on some other device.

lets make this happen!

EDIT: answer: Convert iTunes Videos to MPEG

program available: TUNEBITE converts protected WMA, M4A, M4B, M4P, WMV, M4V. Converter MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AC3, AU, MPEG4, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV ASF, DV, H.264, XVID, DIVX, 3IVX.

EDIT EDIT: is their a FREE solution other than buying this program?
    Last edited by stormiscoming; 11-24-08 at 04:19 PM.
    11-17-08 09:02 PM
    does anyone have a FREE/cheaper alternative solution?
    11-23-08 03:29 PM
    does anyone have a FREE/cheaper alternative solution?
    theres a ton of apps for converting! I use one called ImToo but i dont think it was free, maybe like 10 bucks or something
    11-23-08 03:32 PM
    yes but we need conversion software that will UNLOCK the videos.
    11-24-08 04:08 PM
    with music purchased on itunes, if you create a playlist with your "locked" songs, then burn to cd. Then open the cd and copy those songs back to your computer, it should remove the lock.

I have not heard of a way to do that with movies, but maybe if you try the same, it might work?
    11-24-08 06:25 PM
    that wont work for videos unfortunatly.

but even so using CD's is a huge pain in the neck. I miss the hymn project which created programs for FREE that got rid of the lock. to bad itunes sewed them and shut them down.

but back to the issue. come on someone must have a FREE alternative solution other than this outragesly priced program that apparently is one of a kind as I cannot find any other programs that can remove DRM on videos.

PLEASE HELP
    11-25-08 09:07 PM
    Google DVD43. It's a free program I found out about through another user's post somewhere here on Crackberry. I've only used it with DVD's. It runs in the background and works really well.

I believe what it does though is scan your DVD drive. What you may need to do in that case is save the iTunes video you want to convert to a DVD, then use DVD43 to remove the DRM coding. In other words... open up your converting software and locate the video file off of your DVD drive. You should be able to convert the file then. Let me know if it works!

By the way... do you already have conversion software?

I'm not an expert at any of this by all means, but it's worth a try. The program is free and it's a simple download. It will definitely work on any DVD's you have... very nicely too!

Good luck!
    11-29-08 04:20 PM
    DVD43 won't strip DRM from video files, only discs that get put in your ROM drive.
    11-29-08 07:58 PM
    Will DVD Shrink 3.2 do what you are asking? I'm not really sure what DRM is, so I don't know if it will work. Just brining up the name in case it's something you haven't used. All I have done so far is use DVD Shrink to decrypt DVDs, then encode those files with Hand Brake to make mp4's.
    11-29-08 08:19 PM
    DVD Shrink decodes encryption but not so sure about DRM.
    01-12-09 10:45 PM
    I just burned the movie Twister to my hard drive, it removed all protection and saved it as an MP4.

dvdfab.com/download.htm
    01-12-09 11:08 PM
    You can remove the DRM from all your vids now in iTunes. It cost me $70 to remove DRM. I was able to easily load music. Am attempting videos but need conversion. Gonna use dvd shrink later. It re downloads{everything in 256 kbps so it taking forever to dl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD