blah... holding off until January - we'll see how the Storm 3 looks, compared the the iPhone 4? whatever they call it - I do know that I wouldn't even consider Android for at least 2 more generations... want to see what happens with the whole ecosystem over the next couple years.

As much ******** as I hear, the Storm has been a great phone for the year and a half I've had it... better than I expected actually. If the Storm 3 is half as good as the rumours, it'll blow this "incredible" out of the water - which is alright, since every phone released in 6 months from now will... and then everyone will whine and complain that they can't load android 3 on their fancy old incredible.
    04-30-10 12:49 AM
    No more waiting for the "gold code" the local schlock promised.

No more installing 30+ operating systems hoping the NEXT ONE would actually work.

No more incompetent RIM programmers.

It's over.

It's done.

ALL HAIL THE HTC DROID INCREDIBLE. LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything RIM can produce....

...goodbye Crackberry...

...and goodbye Storm.

04-30-10 11:27 PM
    Asurion can replace that for $89. Ouch wish I could do that to my Storm1 but I need it for a backup phone incase my new HTC Incredible gives out. Ordered it today should be here on the 7th. Can't wait I finally get out of cell phone ****, what a piece of crap this Storm has been, glad I didn't buy into the S2 hype now!
    05-01-10 02:00 AM
    all of you coming from a storm 1 and NOT a storm 2 dont have a clue what the storm 2 is like honestly.
    05-01-10 11:07 AM
    all of you coming from a storm 1 and NOT a storm 2 dont have a clue what the storm 2 is like honestly.
    Depends on the person.

Certain ppl may see the advancements in S2 as not compelling enough to stay with BB. They could be bored with the OS in general and/or desire to try something different (thats me, but BBOS is great and I won't knock RIM down)

OR....... some ppl (from their POV) were burned by S1 do not what to give RIM a second chance.

In any event, I hope ppl have done proper research in the Android platform, b/c they will be in for a rude awakening.
    05-01-10 11:48 AM
    Depends on the person.

Certain ppl may see the advancements in S2 as not compelling enough to stay with BB. They could be bored with the OS in general and/or desire to try something different (thats me, but BBOS is great and I won't knock RIM down)

OR....... some ppl (from their POV) were burned by S1 do not what to give RIM a second chance.

In any event, I hope ppl have done proper research in the Android platform, b/c they will be in for a rude awakening.

Got mine Incredible on the 28th, pre-ordered. It is just incredible how fast it is! The browser is killer compared to the BB Storm1 I had. To get into Ebay and display a terrible rendering of the Classic version of the webpage (not the mobile one) use to take minutes on the Storm1.

On the Incredible it is 10 seconds to startup the browser and get to my homepage and to the ebay login. Then type in your name and password and it does it perferctly since you can pinch and zoom to make the fields big to select and then you can actually click the little box to stay logged in (it resizes the box) and it checks it in 1 try and then it gets fully logged in in 15 seconds with all icons displayed and that is with the WI-FI OFF. With WI -FI on I get 5 Mbsec down and 2Ms up. With standard wireless no wifi I still get like 900-1200 down and 200-500 up or better. I am in the boonies. up in the mountains.

But the HTC Incredible is great. Way ahead of RIM products. I like the extra memory. I only booted with 15-20 mb free on the storm. This boots with 300 or more free. I downloaded over 100 applications to the Incredible and it still has memory free and runs like a scalded dog. It is incredibly fast compared to a storm and I could not imagine a faster phone when it is on wi-fi connection.

Browser is so fast and fun to use. The pinch and zoom is flawless and makes it so you can zoom in to read the text and the text word wraps to fit your screen.

You can flick the screen and it will scroll so fast it will litteraly go pages and pages flying by. Not like the storm that did maybe one page.

The keyboard/screen is so much easier to use than the storm. Really fast and everything is sooooo smooth. If you ever should do a battery pull it is quick too. like a minute or so not 5 minutes like the storm.

Things I miss:
    Having to wait 5 miutes to boot. -nope
    Not having memory - nope
    Haveing to monitor memory -nope
    Having to end programs so you do not grind to a halt waiting on memory - nope
    Being so slow on the browser that you would give up and go find a PC. - nope
    Having to wait for Slacker to sync it's cache for an hour for 20 channels while attached to a PC - nope (the Incredible syncs the cached channels online OTA no PC required.)
    Having to push in the keys all the time unless I used Opra mini. ( the default browser on Incredible is way faster than Opera mini on the storm and renders way better)

Seriously You need to try out the Incredible. It really is just that. And there is not much missing from it. Most things you can download for free from the thousands of little apps for it. There are some killer system monitors to that show CPU use, network use, sdcard status, memory status, process status for system process, user running process and idle processes and you can kill them or check status and see how much CPU and memory they have used.

When your battery is low you can look at a tool that tells you what processes used all the battery up.

The things I do not like about the Incredible. Not much, but it does appear to be missing any real full data and app backup tools. There are tools to backup the app files but not very much data. I am not confident that you could do a restore and be as close to the same setup as you can with the storm. Just like you left it prior to a back up. Well the storm was pretty good at it. You still had to fix some things after a restore but it was close.

But then you have 7 screens you can put stuff on with the Incredible and then you have multiple sceens you can use too so there is lots of places to configure things to your liking on the incredible. And more of a reason for a good backup/restore tool.

The other thing is currently it sucks the battery up pretty fast. Of couse I am using it a lot since it is so useable. Lots of time on the brouser. The thing does flash lite so most all the websites work and videos stream nicely.

But a full battery will maybe last me 5 hours. Only 1350 Mah. You can get a compatible 1750 and next week (I think) they are comming out with a 2100 Mah. I need one of those! Probably will require a new back and then my new case may not fit.

But This is a great phone.

I paid $230 for it for a 1 year contract so I could upgrade in a year when verizon get the LTE network going and may have even better phones.

Check them out. There is not much I miss from the storm. I have not even looked at the storm since I got the incredible. This is a very usable phone. There are lots of new things you can do with it too. All the old apps I had hav similar apps on the Incredible and are usually better too.

You can press the Search button and say " Navigate to Sears" or "Navigate to Home Depot" And it brings up the google navigator and you press a button to confirm and plots a path from your location. one more button to press and you are on your way with speech for each turn. When you get to the destination it tells you if it it on the right or left and shows a streetview if there is one so you know what it looks like!

Try that with a Storm! Wait a minute to get navigator up and then remember what buttns to push and wait for the GPS and wait for a search if you can find it and then get the view..... Hey I am already driven 5 miles in that time with the Incredible.

You can also press the search buttun long and get the voice input and say anything and google will give you a choice of video or web or 3 or 4 other things and off you go to the locations. It is a great search tool

And does voice dialing presss search, say "hpone Home" or someones name in your address book and it confims the person and you press call and it dials.

I took my 16 GB card from my storm and stuck it in the Incredible. It sees all my music and files. I downloaded some doc viewers for the business docs and a file manager ASTRO for looking around and backups and restores and MyBackup ofor other backup style. everything on the sdcard works for me on the Incredible.

There is a lot of glitze and the thing is really fast. Active walpaper and the like (battery burner) The camera and video work too. unlike my storm where it worked for the first couple weeks until the first update on dec09 and then did not work until AUgust 09.

One other thing I miss is it only does landscape in one mode. counter clockwise. Maybe they will add to that in a new release.

The storm2 would have fixed most of my memory concerns on the storm1. But then I would still be stuck with RIM and the BBOS and old tech and paying for most apps of value. (weather, thether, file managers, navigator etc) The phone works way better on the incredible. It answers when I press answer and everything! The storm ususally too 2 or 3 attempts to answer.

And the verizon plan is cheaper by $10 since I do not need to pay for VZnavigator any more.

Just about everything I wanted from the storm is already on the incredible or a free app is available to load for it.

Apps load from the marketplace website in like 10 seconds and are read to go. I loaded litterally 30 games one after the other in a few minutes and when I got done with the last one they were all done and installed. The thing is fast.

Well this is the last you will hear form me. I am "svwilbur" over on HTC Incredible - Android Forums we already have (1,999/77,946) users. 1999 logged in and 77,946 as members and the phone has only been out less than a week!

The interface for the forum is exacty like the crackberry website forums so real familiar and lots of people to help out there too. There are a lot of old Blackberry users there too.

It is a great website.

Sorry I evey bought the storm but I did learn a lot from it. I will not miss all the attempts at using leaks to resolve issues that should have been fixed day one and not 18 onths later! They really left us high and dry and then came out with the storm2 to fix the issues with the storm1 and did not offer upgrades or recal the storm1!

Everything works on the incredible.

RIM did me wrong. and so did virizon. Never got offered an upgrade to the storm2. And I asked multiple times online and at stores. It should have been free. The storm1 was really bad. buggy software and no memory for apps. The HW was good. The storm still works like day one, but it is soo slow even with version 5 on it with the later leaks. It is incredibly slow.

The Incredible is like 20 to 40 time faster than the storm doing just about any activity.

I finally caved in and upgraded using my wifes line as it was ready for upgrade. My line is still a couple months short for an upgrade as I bought the storm1 on Nov 21st 2008, a day that will go down in infamy for me and RIM!

Try the Incredible. you will not be able to take your fingers off it.....
    05-02-10 09:53 PM
    I ordered my incredible last night around 5PM and it was delivered to my house by noon today! It was INCREDIBLE that it showed up so fast, and ever since!

I have given my son my old storm 9530, so i'll still be hanging around here a bit!

Thanks to all of you guys and gals who have been incredibly awesome for the past year!
    05-07-10 02:56 PM
    I've had my Incredible for almost a week now. And I have to say I love it. I'm never coming back to RIM!!! Of course no phone is perfect, but I have to say this phone comes as close to perfection as possible. While I didn't absolutely hate my Storm - I really resent all the wasted time. Installing 30+ leaks, wiping, being the only with the black screen problem - I wrote extensively about this and posted 2 threads - I admit, in the end, it was a hardware problem and Verizon gave me a replacement Storm. But I really resent all my time wasted....hours of my life to nothing! It's my fault. I should have ditched this phone as soon as it came out. There just weren't any other great phone on Verizon at that time. I love my Incredible so much that I've been addicted to it for a week now - I have to force myself to leave it at home!
    05-10-10 07:23 PM
    I've had the Incredible for a couple of weeks now and it is an absolute joy to use especially compared to the Storm. It took me a week to get over the fear that if I did something like launching a particular app that I'd have to do a battery pull. Those days are over. I have 45 apps on my Inc. and all run extremely well and there's TONS of free apps available. I just can't seem to put this phone down!

Unless you're a hardcore business user (which I think most of us aren't), you will be ecstatic if you switch to the Incredible . Head over to the Android Central forums and check out what people are saying about it.
    05-16-10 09:42 AM
    the grass is NOT always greener on the other side, that is all i will say lol
    05-16-10 12:20 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm switching from Storm 1 to Incredible. But my favorite feature of BB is BBM. What is the best IM on the Incredible, and can BB users use it?
    05-16-10 12:50 PM
    the grass is NOT always greener on the other side, that is all i will say lol
    Maybe it's not greener for you but I think you're in the very small minority of those who switched to the Incredible and still prefer BB. The vast majority seems to be extremely happy with it as am I. Especially those coming from the Storm. But like I said, there are those who will always prefer BB's.
    05-16-10 02:19 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'm switching from Storm 1 to Incredible. But my favorite feature of BB is BBM. What is the best IM on the Incredible, and can BB users use it?
    gtalk is your only real choice, anything else runs constantly and kills the battery since android isnt PUSH like BBs
    05-16-10 02:35 PM
    gtalk is your only real choice, anything else runs constantly and kills the battery since android isnt PUSH like BBs
    Thanks. I've never used gtalk. How does it compare to BBM, and can a BB user use it?
    05-16-10 06:15 PM
    But I really resent all my time wasted....hours of my life to nothing! It's my fault. I should have ditched this phone as soon as it came out.
    In the words of grandpa Simpson: "I want those two minutes of my life back! Ahh who am I kidding, I would have wasted it anyway..."
    05-16-10 06:16 PM
    Thanks. I've never used gtalk. How does it compare to BBM, and can a BB user use it?
    You input text, hit enter, and with luck it shows up on the other end.

The same as every other IM system in the world.

Why people go nuts for BBM is beyond me. It's the same ****. For all the things the BB do, when people go "I miss BBM the most", I have no f*$@#*G idea why. IMing is the most basic thing, and there are fifty billion ways to do it on every smartphone platform.

I personally don't miss seeing a little red box next to a message I sent for ten minutes before it turns into a black checkmark when I know the other person's phone is on. That happened one time too many.

I miss some of the silly emoticons, but it's a small price to pay to not have a BB anymore.
    05-16-10 11:38 PM
    BBM does ALOT of things that some dont

on android, there is no file system i guess for a better way of putting it, and so all the IM programs dont allow for file transfers. Plus they kill the battery alot more too.

BBM has send, recieve and read notifications that many dont

BBM has group broadcast

BBM groups

it has conference

BBM unifies everyone you meet that has a BB, you meet someone with an iphone, they only use AIM and not gtalk which you use. Most people have 3-5 IM accounts for this reason and it sucks to have to use them all. With BBM you dont have to worry about it. Granted they have to have a BB for it to work but like the 100 people i have met on here its works perfectly.

In the end, if you could use it on every device and it operated like it does on a BB then it would be perfect for the world
    05-16-10 11:51 PM

Why people go nuts for BBM is beyond me. It's the same ****. For all the things the BB do, when people go "I miss BBM the most", I have no f*$@#*G idea why. IMing is the most basic thing, and there are fifty billion ways to do it on every smartphone platform.

I personally don't miss seeing a little red box next to a message I sent for ten minutes before it turns into a black checkmark when I know the other person's phone is on. That happened one time too many.

I miss some of the silly emoticons, but it's a small price to pay to not have a BB anymore.
    To each his/or her own. BBM works well for me and it's my favorite BB feature.
    05-17-10 06:33 AM

+1
    It's the most overrated feature of bb's. BB owners just like the feeling of belonging to something that no other platform has.
    05-17-10 06:41 AM

BBM has easy file/picture/location/contact transfer, this is something I have never seen in another IM client. Plus, delivery/read ack. is built in and effortless. I used to use AIM a lot, now I find its usefulness pathetic. I might as well just SMS. And btw. if you see the red box it means your phone hasn't sent the message to the network yet, a lone check means delivered to the network, and little d means delivered to the handset. I guess figuring out icons isn't for everyone, best of luck with your new phone.
    05-17-10 08:16 AM
    I will soon be jumping ship to the android platform. I really don't have any reason to miss my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 06:35 PM
    Storm > Droid.

05-19-10 02:44 PM
    Half the files I tried to transfer over BBM would return an error stating they were too big.

You can't transfer files over gtalk, but on the incredible, there's gmail. If you have a gtalk account, you also have a gmail account.

I guess figuring out icons isn't for everyone, best of luck with your new phone.
    Another ******** assumption. I know what the red square means - that it's sending the message to the network. Why it would only lag up on BBM and not on gtalk, yahoo, or SMS, was the irritating part.

If I had to cry over a lost feature, it'd be the unified inbox before an IM client. I can replicate every function of BBM I used on the incredible, I can't get my unified inbox back.
    05-20-10 05:41 PM
    Maybe it's not greener for you but I think you're in the very small minority of those who switched to the Incredible and still prefer BB.
    Not a small minority, rather, more than half .

05-21-10 06:05 AM
    BBM has easy file/picture/location/contact transfer, this is something I have never seen in another IM client.
    Google Talk
    05-21-10 06:16 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD