Well - the DROID INCREDIBLE - or should I say the Incredible DROID Android phone will be out on April 29th 2010!

Although I've been waiting for Droid 2 or a better Palm device to come out b/c I want to support the likes of Motorola and Palm - why - well, they're 1000x better than the P.O.S. known as RIM - I think I might jump boat at the end of the month. I am finally ready to ditch my Storm1...I've resisted the TONS of early upgrade offers I've received from Verizon in the form of various emails and mail-ins.

The only two things I will miss about Storm1:
    1) CDMA/GSM capabilities since I travel abroad - it looks like I will be using Storm1 as a travel phone occasionally - I have to clear it up with Verizon, but I'm pretty sure that instead of renting their world-phones, they will let me use my Storm1
    2) Password Manager...I don't think Android has a built-in password store...but oh well. It has another 50,000,000 features that BlackBerries can only dream of. Like browsing the internet. Playing films. Email! Yes - both the iPhone and the DROID do email sooooooooo much better than BIS!!!! I was shocked...and disappointed...when I learned that one can access all their folders and apply mail rules and sync calendars...do all these things that Storm BIS owners can only dream of.

Anyone else? I will miss these forums, but let's face it - these were hot in the fall/winter of 2008/2009, and then for the most part, the forums died down after the high 200's leaks.
    04-14-10 04:25 PM
    4/29 is the new 11/21!

Well, I will have to wait until 7/21, but I plan on getting the Incredible that day. I still am looking forward to reviews and real user experiences, but HTC & Android 2.1 are a great match.

Nothing against these forums, but the limited S1 is just, well, limited. We covered pretty much all the good and the bad the S1 has to offer. That's why I think the forum has slowed down.

two months until I can get my Incredible!
    04-14-10 05:19 PM
    hate the new name, still going to get one as a second device though i think
    04-14-10 05:39 PM
    So maybe I shall hold off upgrading until then.

What does everyone think they'll price this one at?
    04-14-10 05:49 PM
    199 just like all the others. I was hoping to buy outright with no contract or activation but dont think they are going to allow that. Its not going to be like the Nexus 1 when that is released
    04-14-10 06:08 PM
    199 just like all the others. I was hoping to buy outright with no contract or activation but dont think they are going to allow that. Its not going to be like the Nexus 1 when that is released
    Contracts suck!!!!
    04-14-10 06:19 PM
    I Cant F****** Wait to Ditch My storm even though i have to pay 155 to terminate a family plan 1line contract and make a new one but oh well its for a better phone
    04-14-10 07:26 PM
    I'm with you mudpud, this was the announcement I was waiting for. Wife and I both got Storms when they came out and it's been a rough 1.5 years with it. Nothing else RIM is coming out with soon really impresses me either so I'm jumping over to Android. I will miss BBM, but that's about all I think - Email, Music, Facebook, all better on Android. Especially with the new Snapdragon chip!

Hopefully the days of downloading, shrinking, installing, cleaning, reinstalling, backing up, recovering, are over. I can now stop making excuses to the wife why the Storm is so difficult to deal with. I really really really wanted to like it, I did everything I could, but the bottom line is RIM software is just not there yet. Blame it on the developers, or blame it on Java, it's just not a good OS.

Let's hope Android2.1 is a better use experience!
    04-14-10 07:32 PM
    I'm with you mudpud, this was the announcement I was waiting for. Wife and I both got Storms when they came out and it's been a rough 1.5 years with it. Nothing else RIM is coming out with soon really impresses me either so I'm jumping over to Android. I will miss BBM, but that's about all I think - Email, Music, Facebook, all better on Android. Especially with the new Snapdragon chip!

Hopefully the days of downloading, shrinking, installing, cleaning, reinstalling, backing up, recovering, are over. I can now stop making excuses to the wife why the Storm is so difficult to deal with. I really really really wanted to like it, I did everything I could, but the bottom line is RIM software is just not there yet. Blame it on the developers, or blame it on Java, it's just not a good OS.

Let's hope Android2.1 is a better use experience!
    i didn't even have my storm for a year and i hate it already im so ready for Android and a better experience
    04-14-10 08:22 PM
    i didn't even have my storm for a year and i hate it already im so ready for Android and a better experience
    The Storm sucks. I knew it would fail before it came out. I remember how everyone said it would be the iPhone killer and look at it now. It can't even kill the Curve 8330 LMAO!
    04-14-10 08:24 PM
    The Storm sucks. I knew it would fail before it came out. I remember how everyone said it would be the iPhone killer and look at it now. It can't even kill the Curve 8330 LMAO!
    it seems now nothing can beat the iphone except for android in my opinion
    04-14-10 08:32 PM
    it seems now nothing can beat the iphone except for android in my opinion
    True. Even Apple knows that which is why they are trying to slow it's progress by suing HTC.
    04-14-10 08:45 PM
    True. Even Apple knows that which is why they are trying to slow it's progress by suing HTC.
    there suing HTC for what jealousy?
    04-14-10 08:48 PM
    apple hasnt changed the UI since the beginning (its stale) the folders are kinda cool, but how long has a BB been able to that now?

Yeah the iphone is smooth and the transitions are fluid, but like i said the layout is boring as ****
    04-14-10 09:02 PM
    04-14-10 09:06 PM
    pathetic
    04-14-10 09:15 PM
    Its a little more complicated. There has become some bad blood in the past couple years or so between apple and Google. Jobs was not happy with Google's foray into the handset market. Apple can't just sue Google for infringing their patents because they infringe on many of Google's patents as well, and Google has deep enough pockets to battle it out with them in courts. This is why they didnt sue palm for having multitouch, because palm has been around for a long time and has a buttload of patents. HTC is a much smaller target to go after, and by doing so apple sends a clear message to handset developers: Don't hook up with Google.

Its very interesting to me to see this dissolution of relationship between Steve jobs and Eric Schmidt. Schmidt was once considered Jobs protoge, and jobs took it personally when they branched off with android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 11:22 PM
    I will hold off and see what happens before jumping the Andriod team. I do like my BB Tour but didn't like the new 5.0 and downgraded. Too many issues with it for me.
    I have till next March and a lot can happen by then. I am always open to something new and better if it comes along, but basically my BB has been great for me.
    04-14-10 11:33 PM
    the open source really makes a difference. im running a rooted droid. and im running at almost double the speed it runs in at stock.
    04-15-10 10:46 AM
    Well - the DROID INCREDIBLE - or should I say the Incredible DROID Android phone will be out on April 29th 2010!
    See you on the other side. I am right there with you.
    04-16-10 07:26 PM
    There is one thing I am curious about, and that's the trackpad. One of my gripes about my And is the trackball... having owned several Berry's with a trackball, I noticed that mine is not quite as fluid. The sensitivity varies on it sometimes, and can be either too slow or too fast at times, and not always as responsive as I'd like it to be.

What's funny is this is the same gripe I had about Berry's with trackpads, so I'm curious to see how well this is executed on the. Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 11:36 PM
    The wife and I are also ditching BB for this Android phone. The 9530 was fun until the leaked OSs stopped. Can't wait to get this thing.
    Word to the wise... If you're new every two is close to being up and you want to get out of it early, call 611, talk to a representative, and ask if you can get out early. I have 5 months left until I'm up for NE2 but because I have a good standing history with VZW they told me I can get this phone at the NE2 price. Just can't preorder it, I have to get it in-store when it's released on the 29th.
    04-19-10 12:41 PM
    I also have a launch-day 9530 and am drooling over the incredible. I am tempted to jump ship to it this summer, but then again I wonder if it makes more sense to wait until the fall because as far as I can tell, the Incredible will not be LTE/4G compatible. Rumor has it that the Storm 3 is, so I can only assume that HTC will come out with some LTE compatible phones running Android in the fall as well. Because how bad would it suck to get the phone in July, and then feel like you are missing out on 4G connection 6-9 months later? I probably wouldn't want to eat the cost of another upgrade at that time. What do you all think about the possibility of a HTC LTE phone in the fall - anyone heard any reliable rumors?
    04-19-10 01:57 PM
    Does anyone know if this will have the same sweet Google Maps that the Droid has?

Snapdragon and 8MP camera soundss pretty sweet.

My NE2 is supposed to kick in in October, got my Storm in Feb. 09....thinking of seeing if VZW will let me get this.

Me and my wife use BBM all the time...use the groups for shopping lists and stuff....I was telling her we just have to use google talk or something if we switch from BB.
    04-19-10 02:06 PM
    Does anyone know if this will have the same sweet Google Maps that the Droid has?

Snapdragon and 8MP camera soundss pretty sweet.

My NE2 is supposed to kick in in October, got my Storm in Feb. 09....thinking of seeing if VZW will let me get this.

Me and my wife use BBM all the time...use the groups for shopping lists and stuff....I was telling her we just have to use google talk or something if we switch from BB.
    Yes, the Incredible will run google maps with navigation and all
    04-19-10 02:14 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD