Hello Everyone,

A few of you may have seen several of my posts this week about ordering a Storm and the first steps I should take...

Well the device arrived today! I opened the box only to find the screen was broken (no click on the left hand side) on this particular model... I ended up taking it back to the Verizon store and getting a new one... IT WORKS GREAT AND I LOVE IT!

I am planning on upgrading the OS new to the new .148 in a few minutes here... I am so happy to be part of the Storm family (event though I've been around the boards for about a year)!
    05-22-09 02:59 PM
    congratz.... and good luck.!
    05-22-09 03:06 PM
    i'd love to hear some questions from a brand new to the storm user, i write a weekly article (like a Q&A mailbox kinda thing) on another site, if you wanna submit some questions for me to answer the address is in my sig, or PM me.
    05-22-09 03:19 PM
    Congratulations and welcome to the storm family.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 03:33 PM
    i'd love to hear some questions from a brand new to the storm user, i write a weekly article (like a Q&A mailbox kinda thing) on another site, if you wanna submit some questions for me to answer the address is in my sig, or PM me.
    Where do you write your Q&A? I'd love to check it out.
    05-22-09 03:48 PM
    Welcome and enjoy the ride
    05-22-09 03:51 PM
    I was followin your thread for a bit! glad to see the wait is over and you are happy!

I know this phone isnt for everyone, but I think anyone who has done enough research knows exactly what they're in for

Without superfluous expectations, this phone is actually a pretty nice device

good times, welcome!
    05-22-09 03:58 PM
    I was followin your thread for a bit! glad to see the wait is over and you are happy!

I know this phone isnt for everyone, but I think anyone who has done enough research knows exactly what they're in for

Without superfluous expectations, this phone is actually a pretty nice device

good times, welcome!
    Thanks KingGeoff, you have been a HUGE help... Now I am having some MAJOR problems... I used the Blackberry to Blackberry device transfer... I went from my 8330 to Storm and now my Storm is slightly bogeyed up... My applications and menu screen are all different and some applications are gone... I didn't back up my Storm, only my Curve... Anyone know how to fix this? I am going to upgrade the OS to .148 once I get this fixed...

I am not missing the Application Center, Flickr and some other programs...
    05-22-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks KingGeoff, you have been a HUGE help... Now I am having some MAJOR problems... I used the Blackberry to Blackberry device transfer... I went from my 8330 to Storm and now my Storm is slightly bogeyed up... My applications and menu screen are all different and some applications are gone... I didn't back up my Storm, only my Curve... Anyone know how to fix this? I am going to upgrade the OS to .148 once I get this fixed...

I am not missing the Application Center, Flickr and some other programs...
    is it carrier based programs? browser etc?

Might be a case of resending the service books

I've never had to transfer from one bb to another, so im not going to be much help in that regard unfortunately
    05-22-09 04:04 PM
    It was some of the Verizon preinstalled applications... Ugh, I should have just manually done this or backed up my Storm too... Stupid, stupid, stupid...
    05-22-09 04:13 PM
    **Update**

I deleted some of the themes that transfered and had to reboot my phone... After the reboot, everything looks to have gone back to normal...
    05-22-09 04:19 PM
    **Update**

I deleted some of the themes that transfered and had to reboot my phone... After the reboot, everything looks to have gone back to normal...
    nice!

glad to hear it dude!

The great thing about the storm is that pretty much no matter what happens, you can wipe reinstall and start fresh

just make sure you backup regularly with DM and you're gold
    05-22-09 05:38 PM
    Sometimes i wonder about that Blackberry to Blackberry device thing on DM. Seems to me like it would be Curve to Curve, Storm to Storm, etc...

Anyhoo...

Welcome to the world of a beautiful thing i like to call...Stormie!

Please ignore the trolls and haters. They lead boring lives and are on more than one medication on a regular basis.

One thing i would recommend a new user is do a backup regularily...i do one once a week, sometimes twice depending on additions to calendar, contacts, emails, etc. The majority of us are here to help. The others have nowhere else to go. Please forgive them.

05-22-09 05:49 PM
    Sometimes i wonder about that Blackberry to Blackberry device thing on DM. Seems to me like it would be Curve to Curve, Storm to Storm, etc...

Anyhoo...

Welcome to the world of a beautiful thing i like to call...Stormie!

Please ignore the trolls and haters. They lead boring lives and are on more than one medication on a regular basis.

One thing i would recommend a new user is do a backup regularily...i do one once a week, sometimes twice depending on additions to calendar, contacts, emails, etc. The majority of us are here to help. The others have nowhere else to go. Please forgive them.

You can decide what to move from device to device. In the case of two different model BBs, I would think that moving too much (themes that don't work on the Storm in this case) would mess some things up... but just moving your contacts and calendar and such would go pretty smoothly.
    05-22-09 06:59 PM
    i agree with the lady. she knows what shes talking about!
    05-22-09 07:59 PM
    Congrats! I've had mine about 3 weeks and it just keeps getting better and better! Enjoy!

05-22-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD