After about a month and a half of **** it feels good to be back with tje good ol VZW. Here is my story:

Ah where do I begin, oh yes Nov 21, 2008. I had just drove past the packed and crowded vzw store into the quiet Best Buy, where I picked up the storm in 15 mins for about $199.99 (no rebate). See my contract was up and I was serously debating switching to att to get the bold a day earlier but decided to try out the storm. Like most of us I was very disappointed. So I decided to sell my phone on ebay (was selling for like 600+ then) and switch to At&T. WORST MISTAKE I COULD MAKE.

THe piece of crap and when I say piece of crap I don't mean the bold by itself I mean At& freaking T+ the bold, sucked. I droped more calls than ..... And its not like I live in the boondickies, I live in D.C. I quickly realized, Att really sucks big time, there tech support ..., and the customer service lazy behinds .... I mean what customer service center closes at 9pm est. ANyway so after sufferng for 4 weeks, i sent that thing back so that I could come back to verizon.

But there was one problem, I had no phone. So I called Verizon (who I'd been with for 5 years prior) and they not only waved my cancellation fee but gave me a new storm for 149.99 (-50 rebate makes it 99.99) on only a ONE YEAR CONTRACT. Verizon ifreakin Rocks. So then I called att just to stick it to them and see what they would offer me to get me back and they didnt offer me sh!t. I mean the gap between the two companies is just incredible. So I am so glad to be back and love my storm now. SHow me some love!!
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-05-09 at 05:40 PM. Reason: content moderation
    02-05-09 04:28 PM
    Yeah AT&T sucks.

Welcome back fellow DC'er.
    02-05-09 04:31 PM
    AT&T. Pshhh. I dropped those a-holes 5 years ago and never looked back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 04:58 PM
    Welcome home....I've been with VZW for more years than I can remember. When he iPhone first came out, I was tempted to switch over to ATT, but I began hearing so many complaints that I held off. Then, when friends of mine who bought the phone, started complaining of dropped calls, poor coverage and bad service, that cemented the deal for me.

Speaking of DC and coverage...I wonder what service Obama uses with his BB? Maybe NSA has their own cell towers, lol.
    02-05-09 05:59 PM
    Welcome home. I had att before and would not go back. I know that vzw is probably regretting for not working out a deal with apple cause all other companies would have gone bankrupt. I love my storm and hope you love it too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:20 PM
    Welcome home....I've been with VZW for more years than I can remember. When he iPhone first came out, I was tempted to switch over to ATT, but I began hearing so many complaints that I held off. Then, when friends of mine who bought the phone, started complaining of dropped calls, poor coverage and bad service, that cemented the deal for me.

Speaking of DC and coverage...I wonder what service Obama uses with his BB? Maybe NSA has their own cell towers, lol.
    I'm fairly certain he uses VZW. I remember reading/hearing somewhere that some employees were let go as they were stupid enough to snoop his account. Could be all hearsay though.
    02-05-09 06:20 PM
    welcome back to the warm comfort of CB and the Storm. You saw the light and it was blue and beckoning!
    02-05-09 09:22 PM
    I hear that, we were w/ AT&T for our two years plus an additional 10 months out of contract, went to see what kind of deal we could get NADA.. the only deal we were entitled to was the same one any joe smo got off the street... so, as of Dec we are w/ Verizon and get a discount on top of it. They had some company call and ask us why we switched and we let them know... why should we be loyal to them when they cannot offer any deals to stay? As for their service, really I never had a problem, usually always had full bars, but w/ verizon my bars jump all over the place.. it's kind of annoying.
    02-05-09 10:46 PM
    I've had VZW forever now, and I never had to deal with anyone else, but all i hear from my friends is complaints...welcome back to the network
    02-06-09 08:34 AM
    Welcome home! I agree VZW Customer service and often their Network is much better. I think the Bold is a good phone and ATT is often good network wise in many areas. I think VZW is better, certainly in Philly it is.
    02-06-09 12:29 PM
    AT&T is marginal at best in the DC metro area. I have phones with both carriers and Verizon poops on AT&T hands down...lol
    02-06-09 01:07 PM
    Just depends where you live, I had AT&T and really had no problems. I have Verizon now and still have had no problems.
    02-06-09 01:14 PM
    Holler at my DCers, and welcome back to THE NETWORK!
    02-06-09 03:45 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference between ATT and Verizon.
    02-06-09 04:23 PM
    Just depends where you live, I had AT&T and really had no problems. I have Verizon now and still have had no problems.
    Very true. Although it's worth noting in Cali (where I am), the state is so expansive it's hard to ensure constant coverage. Verizon definitely has AT&T beat there.

I used to work in Jersey and even though it's much smaller, I found a similar thing.

It's why I've always stuck with Verizon.
    02-06-09 04:27 PM
    Very true. Although it's worth noting in Cali (where I am), the state is so expansive it's hard to ensure constant coverage. Verizon definitely has AT&T beat there.

I used to work in Jersey and even though it's much smaller, I found a similar thing.

It's why I've always stuck with Verizon.
    Same in pa...Where I'm at is northeast P.A., and if your not in the "city", and I use the word city loosely, cuz it a tiny city, It just doesn't work, and as far as TMO that's even worse out here, because you're constantly roaming on at&t's network...where you can.
    02-06-09 04:56 PM
    When I'm in the DC I have strangely similar experiences on VZW and ATT. I drive through a particular 1/2 mile dead spot for VZW; the same stretch of road for ATT is dead too, plus another 1/2 miles or so. Both companies seem to have the same weak spots....it's just that ATT's seem to stretch a bit longer.
    02-06-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD