So, I have not posted on here in a LONG time!

I just recently started getting back into the BB tweaking stuff I used to do, and thought I would stop by!

Ok, the real reason I am here, is that I have a question to ask;

I have had the 9550 since its release. I have never had it replaced, because I have never had to. It is an AMAZING phone, and one of the best BB's I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

But as of late, it has been giving me problems. Ever since I installed the .713 OS, I have had horrible call quality. I downgraded to .607, and also just recently installed the OOAK hybrid, but still have problems. I just got off the phone with Verizon, and they told me the usual crap about doing a battery pull, wiping the device, updating the PRL, etc.. However, none of that helped.

I am not sure if anyone else has had any success in fixing this issue or not, but considering the fact the good ol' storm 2 is getting a spot on the EOL list, I figured its time to get a new phone.

I have read about the 9800, and was also just told about a phone called "Thunder" by the lady from Verizon (I have NO idea what phone that is) that is supposed to be replacing the Storm 2. She said it is NOT the slider phone, but a touchscreen phone like the Storm 2, just updated with some new cosmetics.

That being said, I would like to know what you all would suggest I do. I am looking for suggestions for a new BB to upgrade to, as well as suggestions to fix my current problem with my 9550.

Please keep it civil, I do not need people bickering back and forth in my thread.

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions!
    07-31-10 04:35 PM
    .713 sucked for call quality for me as well. I would recommend ooakdpc's .832 hybrid using the .713 as your base os. That worked well for me and battery life improved greatly. So, give it a whirl.
    And for your new BB, I don't even know. Not much coming out in my opinion that would make me want to switch bb's expect for a 512mb device to run os6. That's even if os6 is as amazing as some hope.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 06:48 PM
    I've had nothing but problems with the .6xx and .7xx releases, hybrids included. I just downgraded to a 519 hybrid and the phone has been working just fine.

07-31-10 07:07 PM
    I don't know what the lady was talking about. The 9800 is the new slider. And Verizon isn't getting it. There will supposedly be a new Storm refresh towards the end of the year, but that's all (that's been discussed and seems legit).

.713 definitely has call issues and no hybrids helped me. I wiped my phone using bbsak and downgraded to .607 and its working fine now.

If downgrading didn't help, try wiping and reloading .607. Then if that still doesn't work, let us know and we can try to take it further.

07-31-10 07:13 PM
    TBH, the Bold 9650 is the only phone I was really considering switching to, if they will let me. Last I heard, they weren't doing that anymore because too many people were trying to get better phones for free...

Any way, I installed the OOAKD .839 hybrid, using the .713 as a base OS, and it still had issues. I also tried downgrading to .607, and still have issues as well.

I will try wiping it in the morning, and seeing if that fixes it. If it doesn't, I will see what Verizon has to say...

I am interested in getting OS6, mainly for the new browser that is supposed to come with it... So I guess I will see what happens in the morning!

Thank you all for your input
    08-01-10 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD