I tried searching for 10 minutes but I couldn't find anything about this. Sometimes when I dial a speed dial number by holding down the specific number until it dials, the call starts ringing through the speakerphone for a second before going to handset mode. I obviously didn't choose speakerphone because all I did was hold the speed dial number. That is one issue.

The second issue, is that sometimes after making a call, I get a blank screen with a purple lightning strike background instead of the main window with Speaker, Mute, etc. and the call details. However, the five icons at the bottom for keypad, etc. are still there.

Anyone else experiencing the same problems?

BTW I have the .75 OS
    01-08-09 11:13 AM
    That happens on my old curve as well. try putting in a headset
    01-08-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the advice. However, I wish there was an actual fix for this though.
    01-08-09 12:55 PM
    That happens with my storm also. The odd thing is that it's not consistent, sometimes it dials through the speaker phone and sometimes it doesn't. I attribute this to an OS bug and hopefully with the new release it will be fixed.
    01-08-09 10:03 PM
    I tried searching for 10 minutes but I couldn't find anything about this. Sometimes when I dial a speed dial number by holding down the specific number until it dials, the call starts ringing through the speakerphone for a second before going to handset mode. I obviously didn't choose speakerphone because all I did was hold the speed dial number. That is one issue.

The second issue, is that sometimes after making a call, I get a blank screen with a purple lightning strike background instead of the main window with Speaker, Mute, etc. and the call details. However, the five icons at the bottom for keypad, etc. are still there.

Anyone else experiencing the same problems?

BTW I have the .75 OS
    Cant say Ive had this issue
    01-08-09 11:26 PM
    That used to happen to me with my Curve but has never happened with the STORM. Curious....
    01-08-09 11:30 PM
    This happens to me sometimes too.
    01-09-09 08:24 AM
    The speakerphone part happens to me sometimes too. I wonder if turning off the dialing tones would solve the speakerphone issue? Only problem is I can't find that option anymore!
    01-09-09 08:37 AM
    Yea, I've seen the "lightning" background for just a millisecond and wondered what it was!!
    01-09-09 10:14 AM
    Yea, I've seen the "lightning" background for just a millisecond and wondered what it was!!
    It is the default wallpaper for the default theme. I guess the phone doesn't replace the stock wallpaper with your different wallpaper, it just "lays it on top". That's my theory anyways.
    01-09-09 10:48 AM
    Thanks for the info guys, it is actually more reassuring that it is a general software glitch and not a problem with my actual unit
    01-09-09 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD