so my gmail was working fine with my blackberry storm until i hooked it up to my work Enterprise server.

now.. my work email works fine, and i can recieve gmails on my blackberry .. but for some reason I'm unable to send gmail emails. Anyone know why?

Thanks.
    03-04-09 02:31 PM
    If you're hooked up to a BES, you may only be able to send emails FROM your work email. They may have intentionally set it up that way.

Additionally, I was told that if I let my company add my personal BB to their Enterprise Server, they would push a Security Policy that would prevent me from installing apps. So I said no thank you.

so my gmail was working fine with my blackberry storm until i hooked it up to my work Enterprise server.

now.. my work email works fine, and i can recieve gmails on my blackberry .. but for some reason I'm unable to send gmail emails. Anyone know why?

Thanks.
    03-04-09 03:24 PM
    That is what I was told as well. If your Storm is set up using BES, the employer "owns" your device. They have the saying of what you can install and what you cannot install. That's why I opted out to have work emails on my Storm. If it is important enough, they can call me. If not, they just have to wait till I log on to my laptop to answer those emails.

Nobody can own my Storm but me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 03:35 PM
    There is a known issue right now w/ GMAIL and BIS. People are getting incorrect username/password.

If that is your issue, you can find your resolution here:

Unable to integrate a Gmail account with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    03-04-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD