SO i went from my curve which is lightning fast with all messages, now its day 2 of my storm and im kind of weird about it because i dont get my emails as fast as usual or AT ALL.....i even tested it and usually i get it right away now nothing....any tips? or what? i have great reception where i live so....

Also, Is it a big deal that the signal bars go away a lot but i still get bb messanger messages....and text and calls etc? my curve never had issues with it.

im just like wtf
    i re sent all service books....switched my BIS to new esn and pin etc....whats up?
    12-15-08 12:22 AM
    well for the bars issue: the bars really don't mean much except the likely hood of a call being dropped. You get just as much service with 2 bars as you do with 5. Also, each phone determines the 'signal strength' differently. So one phones 5 bars can be another 2.

as for the e-mails go into options > email reconciliation > on conflicts > handheld wins

try that and see if theres any difference. Also, if your curve was using the same e-mail accounts it shouldn't be a problem, but just make sure the settings on the e-mail accounts are appropriately set so that a copy is saved to the server instead automatically deleted when your e-mail client (if you have one like outlook) downloads them
    12-15-08 12:29 AM
    its weird idunno....well i pulled the battery and all the sudden i had 46 emails come at once...wtf weird?
    12-15-08 12:47 AM
    when that happens another option is to turn off the radio under connections and turn it back on.. this is what I try once in a while before pulling the battery..

you may also want to grab quickpull of the app store its free..

does a soft reset instead of a hard one..

performs about the same operation..

just a couple ideas.. once in a while you just need a reset it gets clogged lets say

it happened to me once and I turned the radio on and off and it was back.
    12-15-08 12:51 AM
    its weird idunno....well i pulled the battery and all the sudden i had 46 emails come at once...wtf weird?
    Here to tell ya that the battery pull is the best way to solve 90% of all BB issues after a service book update, os update or any data intensive download, upgrade...I wont get into the discussion with anyone as to what the differences are or terminology's or definitions of a hard reset vs a soft reset..lets just stick with the term battery pull...it works, always has on every BB I have ever owned and I started out on the black & white screen brick .. ya know way back when wheels were still square....
    12-15-08 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD