Hi there everyone. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going wrong!

the problem I'm experiencing is whilst trying to backup my storm... everything runs smoothly until it reaches the Suretype option and all of a sudden I get the message "error backing up database"!
    Now i have already cleared my Browser cache so that isn't the problem... it just crashes when it gets to the suretype part. Does
    anyone know what the problem is... is there a solution? I'm trying to backup everything as I will be contacting Vodafone tomorrow morning due to an unusual purple patch (Cloudy looking) discolouration on my screen. It's dead centre on the screen and extremely obvious especially with white background. It looks like if you've just pressed hard on the screen (not that i have ever done that on this phone) and it smudges if you know what i mean. I am so gentle with the phone, never dropped, abused or scratched... i've only had it for 1 month, this is my second unit after the first one people had trouble hearing me as the sound was always muffled. They happily replaced that for me. I would be happy if the could fix the darn thing... Does anyone else have this problem with screen? Should i just get it fixed or demand a replacement??

Your comments would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by korculanac; 03-09-09 at 12:35 PM.
    03-09-09 12:30 PM
    I would say go back to your carrier with it you may need another exchange.
    03-09-09 01:57 PM
    Here are the steps I was given yesterday to backup my storm. I was having the same problem except it was getting stuck at a different part.... See if this helps:

1. Connect your BB to your computer via USB
    2. Start Desktop Manager
    3. Click on Backup and Restore
    4. Click on Advanced
    5. In the right side window, scroll down to Browser Data Cache and select it
    6. Click on Clear
    7. Click on Back

Now you can click on Backup and it will work.

I originally cleared the cache from my phone but follow these steps and hopefully it will work for you too!!!!
    03-09-09 02:22 PM
    Here are the steps I was given yesterday to backup my storm. I was having the same problem except it was getting stuck at a different part.... See if this helps:

1. Connect your BB to your computer via USB
    2. Start Desktop Manager
    3. Click on Backup and Restore
    4. Click on Advanced
    5. In the right side window, scroll down to Browser Data Cache and select it
    6. Click on Clear
    7. Click on Back

Now you can click on Backup and it will work.

I originally cleared the cache from my phone but follow these steps and hopefully it will work for you too!!!!
    hmm, just tried to do a back up and got an Error message. I followed these steps but still get the error. Any other suggestions?
    03-10-09 12:08 PM
    That is very helpful thanks! I had to clear CustomWords instead but it is the same concept and it worked afterward!
    03-10-09 11:16 PM
    That is very helpful thanks! I had to clear CustomWords instead but it is the same concept and it worked afterward!
    Had the same issue - was ready to drop kick my storm... Great tip, thanx
    03-11-09 07:40 AM
    both didn't work for me what else could it be?
    03-15-09 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD