I just want to say first that I love the phone. I want this phone. My phone doesn't have any of the other issues I've heard people talk about like the screen not clicking at the edges. I just don't see the problems other people seem to see in the phone. Again I love the phone. However, my screen is messed up. I just now noticed it as I was about to put my screen protector on.

Pictures at the bottom so you can see my problem. It's a circular ring that contains 3 circles within each other located at the exact center of the screen. The circle looks like an oil smear from a finger print except it is perfectly circle and is not on the outer part of the screen. I can't rub it out with a microfiber cloth. The pics below are after I cleaned the screen with a microfiber cloth. It is visible with the backlight off, as in the pictures, and with the backlight on both in blackness (easier) and on white backgrounds (harder).

It was hard to get good pictures of it because it is only easy to see at specific angles and lighting conditions. The problem is very visible and annoying though. I think the flash picture best displays the problem. If you could please take a look at these pictures and give me some advice on the best course of action it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Flash picture:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3674/phone012mm1.jpg

Other picture 1:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4459/phone011ih7.jpg

Other picture 2:

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4261/phone009ww3.jpg
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 11-23-08 at 06:51 PM.
    11-23-08 06:46 PM
    Do you see it too when the screen is on?
    Maybe try cleaning it with a soft cloth and a little bit of alcohol? Could be a smudge mark that came on during assembly, I've seen it at work with LCD devices..
    11-23-08 06:50 PM
    Yes, sorry I had to edit my post to change some things and add that I see the circle with the screen on depending on the colors that are on the screen at the time. Easier to see it in dark colors. Harder but still visible on white.

Ok, maybe it is on their very good. It seems like I should be able to rub it out with just a cloth but maybe you are right. I will try putting alcohol on their before I return it for sure. Thank you for that advice, good to know that you have seen something like this before and it can be fixed?

Any other advice? I guess if I have to return it I will have to wait a long time to get a new one.
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 11-23-08 at 06:57 PM.
    11-23-08 06:52 PM
    Upon looking at the photos of the internals of the phone.... That circle is definitely part of the clicker under the screen it must have been pushed down too hard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 07:09 PM
    Like during the manufacture process? I didn't use my phone wrong did I? I am very careful with my devices. Thank you for your answer I feel like I'm going crazy and being too picky. I just want the phone to be the way it is suppose to be.
    11-23-08 07:11 PM
    Upon looking at the photos of the internals of the phone.... That circle is definitely part of the clicker under the screen it must have been pushed down too hard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Exactly what I was thinking!

Btw, I wouldn't use pure alcohol. I'd use an eyeglass lens cleaner but I really think that it's part of the screen and not going to be removable. Just too perfect a circle to be a smudge, etc.
    11-23-08 07:18 PM
    I agree with robstitzer. It must have been pushed down to hard. Most likely not you though. You'll be able to trade it in for a new one. You wont be able to fix that I don't think.
    11-23-08 07:21 PM
    Thank you for all the help guys. I think it is the button too after looking at the internals.

Also, I hope my screen being so close to the dimple button of the screen isn't the reason why my screen feels so responsive even around the edges. I really want a responsive screen but I don't want to see the indentation of the dimple through my screen.

Edit: Also, I noticed that it is invisible when there is no ambient light on the screen. Does that mean anything?
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 11-23-08 at 09:09 PM.
    11-23-08 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD