I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. When I multitap I don't get the sequence of letters. IE if I hit 6 twice I should get a letter "N" it seems to have a mind of it's own. Is this something the software upgrade will correct? Other than this small issue I love this BB and haven't been down the hall to my now lonley Imac to check my mail....
    12-04-08 10:12 PM
    this happened to me on my 1st phone (i got a replacement for the click problem) but i actually liked it better so i tried to use it on the new one and it wouldnt work....so there may be a difference in phones but i havent pulled my battery to see if i have a different model cause i dont feel like waitin for ever to restart...
    also i searched 2 see if there was a setting in the phone for the multitap but theres not..
    12-04-08 10:21 PM
    Are you sure that its not set to use suretype? Just open a blank text message press options and choose enable multitap or enable suretype

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 12:02 AM
    I'd seen this too... There was a few times where I was in multi tap but it was acting like sure type. Essentially it was like T9 on many other phones. I know that when I was showing the phone to a buddy he was put off by the fact that the keypad didn't use the dictionary and provide T9 being that he's so used to texting on that keyboard style.

I told him he could then just get used to sure type which I find better than the qwerty even but he didn't like that plan.
    12-05-08 12:06 AM
    I have all the settings set to Multitap keyboard. I use the full qwerty for text and email. My issue is when I go to my contacts in portrait...it would be nice to be able to access on multitap instead of scrolling thru when the BB decides a starting point....
    12-05-08 12:20 AM
    its so weird, i had portrait set to multi-tap and the blackberry would predict what I was going to type as I type it...just like T9

example: to type justin I would press 5-8-7-8-4-6
    and it would have a list of all the possible words that would spell

since upgrading to .83...that functionality is gone! now I have to "multi-tap" each letter when I wanna type a work

example: now to type justin I have to press
    5- 8 twice - 7, 4 times - 8 - 4, 3 times - 6 twice

anyone know how to get back to t9 or "prediction" mode?
    12-21-08 08:02 PM
    so if you go to options > language > input options...theres a box for predict input

...i have it checked...still doesnt work...not even after battery pull
    12-21-08 08:16 PM
    I am new to blackberry. Can you use the multi-tap feature with your contact list? I know when I am type a message it gives me the option, but when I am trying to look up a contact the suretype is enabled.
    12-22-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD