I just downloaded and installed .103 on my computer. I am trying to back up my phone before I put the new os on and when I get about 3/4 of the way through then I get a message that says "error backing up database(s)." Any ways around this? Any solutions? Thanks in advance.
    02-13-09 06:00 PM
    Do a search on the forum - it has to do with the browser cache. Go to advanced and backup ecerything BUT the browser cache and then clear the cache and you should be fine.
    02-13-09 07:51 PM
    I'm having the same exact error message when I try to back up. Any info on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:59 PM
    I'm having the same exact error message when I try to back up. Any info on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Clear your browser cache
    02-13-09 09:58 PM
    I was not getting any responses earlier tonight so I just continued trying to back up my device. I went into backup/restore and clicked advanced. From there you can select one by one each database you want to back up. Then I realized the only time I received an error message was trying to backup the browser cache. You can manually backup every database from the advanced menu (not including the browser cache obviously) and continue. I then installed the new os and my cached stations in slacker did not exist any more. If you go into your pc and click start>run>look in>(e)blackberry(2)>slacker.synclauncher.exe and your cached stations should be restored. Also, when I went to install the new os (.103) it automatically backed up my databases, it paused at one point and continued without any problems. I'm not sure if this auto backup included the browser cache or not but I doubt it.
    02-14-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD