Hello Everyone,

I tried doing a search of this issue but came to no avail. I recently updated my OS to .103 on my 9530. Everything is working very smoothly except for one issue. Whenever I plug the phone into a charger, the phone gets stuck in clock mode and won't respond until I do a battery pull. It will still vibrate if I get emails or text messages, but I can't read them due to its refusal to leave the clock app.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? I would really like to stay on .103, I find it to be a lot faster than what I was previously using (.75).
    02-22-09 02:45 PM
    Hitting your 'end' key doesn't get you out of it?

You could disable the feature that automatically pulls up the clock when you plug your phone in.

Open clock > BB button > Options > When Charging: Do Nothing
    02-22-09 02:51 PM
    No, hitting the 'end' key won't get me out of the clock app.

I would prefer to keep the automatic settings since I use the phone as an alarm clock when I dock it, but if that's my only choice, I guess that'll have to do.
    02-22-09 03:00 PM
    I have been running .103 since it came out (2 weeks maybe?) and this happened to me for the first time 2 or 3 days ago but has not happened again. Don't know how to solve it but its annoying, especially if it were to happen every time.
    02-22-09 03:24 PM
    Have u tried to reinstall the OS......honestly I have never had this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 04:21 PM
    Have u tried to reinstall the OS......honestly I have never had this issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had an email issue nobody had with sending pictures from my memory card by email. The issue with mms? No problem at all.

I'm new to blackberry but it seems that the same theory that applies to betas in computers is applicable to the Storm. Beta is beta, and stuff happens. I rolled back to .75 and so long as my application memory is up, no problems.

I've said this so many times some people are probably sick of hearing it but if you download beta expect to have issues. And as usual, YMMV.
    02-22-09 04:49 PM
    Had this happen to me for the second time last night. I noticed the phone was in lock mode before I plugged in the charger. Plugged it in and got the frozen clock issue. I unplugged it, did a bat pull, and plugged it back up after restart but this time in unlock mode and it was fine. I then unplugged and replugged in unlock mode several times with no issues. In the interest of not wanting to do another bat pull, I didn't try to plug it in in lock mode again but I believe the issue occurs when plugging in while the phone is in lock mode. See if that is what is causing the issue for you.
    02-23-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD