Hi Guys (and gals!)

I've been looking for a stereo headset for my storm and came across the Nokia HS-12W at Play.com (UK). The reason they appeal is because the also have a built-in FM radio, something that is sorely missed from the Storm IMHO. Anyway, I checked all the technology and they seemed to match so went ahead and ordered. Well I now have them and they are generally good apart from a couple of problems... one is that when a call comes in it only displays the number, not the name. Another thing is it doesn't display a clock or sms/email notifications. Small things, I know, but can someone explain to me why these things don't work? The spec says it is Bluetooth 1.2 with Headset 1.1, Handsfree 1.0, A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP profiles - all things which I believe the Storm can handle? It'd be good to understand the Bluetooth details as it was very hard to find specifics anywhere.

And finally, does anyone know of a stereo headset with a FM radio that works faultlessly?

Thanks

Nick
    01-10-09 02:30 PM
    Not all bluetooth devices support all bluetooth profiles. And I don't believe that any of them really support passing email and SMS notifications. The only way that I believe you're going to see names is if the BT device on the other end allows sending of the entire phone book and then when a call comes in the number is passed then the BT device matches that with a local database to display a name.
    01-10-09 02:43 PM
    Well I just checked this with a Nokia N80 and it does do the things that are missing on the Storm. i.e. it displays the callers name and has small icons for missed calls and sms etc. It also has a clock.

So the question is... Is the Storm lacking a specific bluetooth thingamybob or are those features specific to Nokia phones and not part of the bluetooth spec?

Nick
    01-10-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD