is it normal for your storm to be down to 80% after 4 hours in standby..... that means 5% every hour...so that would mean the advertised standby time of 15-16days would be false or am i just experiencing battery malfunction
    02-08-09 09:59 AM
    Not it is not normal. See if your case is de-pressing a button or you have gps or Bluetooth on. Again that's not normal for the amount of drain you are experiencing .
    02-08-09 10:01 AM
    Most def. The problem is all of the apps running in the background that updated every 5-10 mins. Aka, twitter, facebook, google maps, or anything else with a refresh built in. I just make sure everything is off in the background but then in standby it would probably last 24 hours and be dead soon there after.
    02-08-09 10:02 AM
    is it normal for your storm to be down to 80% after 4 hours in standby..... that means 5% every hour...so that would mean the advertised standby time of 15-16days would be false or am i just experiencing battery malfunction
    Do you carry the phone in your pocket? I just realize my phone was turning on constantly when I walk.
    02-08-09 10:03 AM
    i keep it on the table at work have facebook and myspace app.... but not running at this time gps and bluetooth are both off...i had the curve before this and i would use it heavily and it would last days at a time without a charge...i dnt understand i have app center, home, phone,messages, blackberry messenger, and browser running in the background
    02-08-09 10:19 AM
    Why does having GPS on matter? I mean, if BB Maps is closed and I have GPS navigation set to "On" and not "E911", why should that drain battery life?

I shouldn't need to switch between options and BBMaps each time I want to use a GPS.
    02-08-09 10:20 AM
    Why does having GPS on matter? I mean, if BB Maps is closed and I have GPS navigation set to "On" and not "E911", why should that drain battery life?

I shouldn't need to switch between options and BBMaps each time I want to use a GPS.
    It doesn't use battery life as long as the program that is using GPS is not running in the background. aka, hold the BB button and if you see that a refresh program is running, open it and close it down.
    02-08-09 10:24 AM
    I'm running .99 with GPS, Facebook, Google Maps, and twitter running constantly. I get approx. two days on one charge.
    02-08-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD