Anticipating Storm arrival and also using it for podcasts listening, replacing my iPod.

So how are folks integrating iTunes with their Storm?
    or
    What app are you using to subscribe to various podcasts on a Windows machine and transfering them onto the Storm?
    12-15-08 12:46 AM
    their is a program on blackberry DM
    12-15-08 12:47 AM
    Anticipating Storm arrival and also using it for podcasts listening, replacing my iPod.

So how are folks integrating iTunes with their Storm?
    or
    What app are you using to subscribe to various podcasts on a Windows machine and transfering them onto the Storm?

drm protected files do not transfer... or work so if thats the plan you have to remove the drm in some way or another..

as far as getting rid of the iPod dont sell it until your sure..

I love the storm but a iPod it is not.
    12-15-08 12:47 AM
    Told all my folks to get me Amazon gift cards instead of itunes.....

as noaim said, love the storm but iPod it is not....it does enough though that I don't need my ipod (which is broken ) so basically: It works well enough.
    12-15-08 12:49 AM
    iPod it is.

I got rid of my ipod. It's a little more difficult then the simple iTunes program. But the roxio program (used in the DM music sync) is sufficient. I prefer to just drag and drop. I usually download my song via torrents so would have to drag and drop into iTunes anyway. My only complaint is it's not as loud as I would like and it doesn't ring in the headphones if a call comes in.
    12-15-08 12:51 AM
    honestly this is what i find funny , no offense to noaim, but people give the ipod too much credit . honestly , it holds music, plays music, and you can control the volume, same thing as any other mp3 player out there they all do the same thing . And i find my storm as easy to use and as good as my iphone/ipod
    12-15-08 12:51 AM
    Fortunately, podcasts are .mp3 so no worries about DRM. I do like the automation of iTunes and updates with newest podcast releases.

With DM, can I simply add the various iTunes folders for the various podcasts sources, e.g., Engadget, TWiT, Buzz Out Loud, into the DM's Media Manager folder tree?

On the Storm, can I have subfolders for the .mp3 podcasts or do all of them have to be dumped into a single folder?

TIA
    Last edited by Jubz; 12-15-08 at 01:00 AM.
    12-15-08 12:58 AM
    I think all your music has to go into the music folder. However, Viigo is going to be releasing a podcast add on to their program soon
    12-15-08 01:01 AM
    Excellent tip about Viigo. Looking at their site now and will d/l their current app to play with on my 8830.

Viigo is at Viigo dot com
    12-15-08 01:06 AM
    ota is Viigo I believe
    12-15-08 01:07 AM
    honestly this is what i find funny , no offense to noaim, but people give the ipod too much credit . honestly , it holds music, plays music, and you can control the volume, same thing as any other mp3 player out there they all do the same thing . And i find my storm as easy to use and as good as my iphone/ipod
    load 6 thousand songs on the storm then load about 2000 pictures on it..

then stand it side by side with my now itouch used to be iPhone

and really tell me I give it to much credit..

I love my storm.. but its nothing like a ipod/itouch when it comes to media..

ipods are extremely smooth at handling these things and are instant when going through large numbers of them..

like I said I love my storm but its going to be a while before I can replace this for music/pictures

if they do speed up how fast they load.. then all problems solved.. my storm runs fast but it still doesnt load/display pictures music anywhere close to as fast..

EDIT: this wasn't down grading your post just to show why it hasn't replaced it for me because honestly I really like having it one device because in a car it would auto pause the music to answer a call which is extremely awesome..
    Last edited by noaim; 12-15-08 at 01:20 AM.
    12-15-08 01:12 AM
    i sold my Ipod Touch to pay for the majority of my Storm...sure there are a few issues with it like

1. Need some kind of armband or something when jogging, because its too heavy to keep in pockets
    2. Volume sometimes changes from loud to lower than what it should be on the same song
    3. Crappy headphones
    4. Needs to stay in portrait mode for songs, and landscape for movies...not wigglin around and messing up (its cause a crash on 2 occasions for me)
    12-15-08 01:14 AM
    Thnx! Doing the OTA install now!
    12-15-08 01:14 AM
    Ah, Viigo is way cool so far, love the ability to integrate its RSS reader with my Google Reader account.

Can't wait to see how they implement a podcatcher.

Thnx for the tip.
    12-15-08 01:33 AM
    i sold my Ipod Touch to pay for the majority of my Storm...sure there are a few issues with it like

1. Need some kind of armband or something when jogging, because its too heavy to keep in pockets
    2. Volume sometimes changes from loud to lower than what it should be on the same song
    3. Crappy headphones
    4. Needs to stay in portrait mode for songs, and landscape for movies...not wigglin around and messing up (its cause a crash on 2 occasions for me)
    as far as the armband goes.... Get the DLO action jacket at Best Buy for the 2nd generation Zune... it works great for the storm

If you want DRM free tunes that are cheap I use LALA.com... it is an amazing site. You can donwload the songs directly into itunes if you want... AND you can listen to the whole song before you buy. You can upload your entire music collection to the site. best thing is.. no drm and it integrates with itunes!!! songs are 89 cents.!!!!!
    12-15-08 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD