Alright so right now I'm on a Storm 2, and I have to admit Im still back and fourth on the Storm 2 vs the Iphone. I'm not crazy about AT&T's service hence why I elected to go with a storm 2, however the comment I always get is why the Storm 2 why not an Iphone?

Thing is I've ALWAYS been a BlackBerry User however I feel as if BlackBerry is slipping a little bit. I love the e-mail TRUE push, but it lacks certain things the Iphone does. Examples include APP MEMORY. Storm 2 is limited to.. 256? Iphone has like 16 Gig or 32 Gig?

Music, What can I sync against with Storm 2 Iphone is obviously Itunes and if you ever lose or break your Iphone you just type in your account info and back down it comes.
    01-25-10 07:09 AM
    Why should I sell YOU on what phone YOU should use? I don't know you or your needs in a phone. Its all a matter of personal preference. Play with both and see which one fits your needs the best. If you're smart enough to use a BlackBerry, you're smart enough to search the internet for specs, pros, and cons of both devices.
    01-25-10 07:16 AM
    Every phone lacks something that another phone has... I want the iPhone but refuse to go to AT&T. Sure they can get phone calls while using data, but their 3G networks sucks and their service sucks.. I have not met one person that has told me they love at&t. Just that alone kept me from switching.

Just get the S2. imo.
    01-25-10 07:18 AM
    Why should I sell YOU on what phone YOU should use? I don't know you or your needs in a phone. Its all a matter of personal preference. Play with both and see which one fits your needs the best. If you're smart enough to use a BlackBerry, you're smart enough to search the internet for specs, pros, and cons of both devices.
    LOL.. I guess Im looking more for Pros and Cons to be defined from a more distinguished group. My wife has an Iphone. Yes they are both nice devices but I guess the bigger concern is what sets each other apart? What does my S2 have over the Iphone? Or what does the Iphone have over the S2. Yeah coverage is a BIG PLUS for S2
    01-25-10 07:22 AM
    256mb is just the app memory. You will still have a minimum of 18Gigs for media. Plus the 32G flash cards are coming soon Oh, and you can sync itunes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 07:26 AM
    256mb is just the app memory. You will still have a minimum of 18Gigs for media. Plus the 32G flash cards are coming soon Oh, and you can sync itunes

Really Itunes? Is it a hack or legit?

Also.. Just curioyus what doi you guys use to clean your screens with? Holy Finger prints on mine
    01-25-10 07:31 AM
    Really Itunes? Is it a hack or legit?

Also.. Just curioyus what doi you guys use to clean your screens with? Holy Finger prints on mine
    Blackberry media sync handles the syncing of your Itunes music library.
    01-25-10 07:33 AM
    Don't forget the things you can interchange -

Battery - i have a few of them, when i travel, i stick them in my camera bag. When my Berry needs more juice...i pop the next one in. No need to carry an extra car charger, or Energizer recharger....etc

Memory Card - while it stinks that we can put apps on it....we can swap ours out on the fly. I have a 4gb that i put movies on for the flight. My standard 8gb has all my ringtones and pictures and things that are on the day to day for my berry. I can have an unlimited amount of memory cards..... the iPhone has, well, what it has...it's not expandable.
    01-25-10 07:37 AM
    Don't forget the things you can interchange -

Battery - i have a few of them, when i travel, i stick them in my camera bag. When my Berry needs more juice...i pop the next one in. No need to carry an extra car charger, or Energizer recharger....etc

Memory Card - while it stinks that we can put apps on it....we can swap ours out on the fly. I have a 4gb that i put movies on for the flight. My standard 8gb has all my ringtones and pictures and things that are on the day to day for my berry. I can have an unlimited amount of memory cards..... the iPhone has, well, what it has...it's not expandable.
    Got it!! Good info to know. Nor is the Battery innerchangeable. You can buy add on ones but those are like $100 plus
    01-25-10 07:41 AM
    Yup, media sync. It will ask you if you want to sync itunes. For your screen I would recommend an invisibleshield. I have one and its awesome. To clean, get a microfiber cloth. They will send you one with just about any desent screen protector

01-25-10 07:43 AM
    Get an iPhone. That is what you really want.
    01-25-10 07:43 AM
    Get an iPhone. That is what you really want.
    If you like gimmicks and toys... Go for it

01-25-10 07:51 AM
    If you like gimmicks and toys... Go for it

A clicking screen isn't a gimmick?
    01-25-10 08:01 AM
    I love AT&T, and my iphone 3G. More to the point, how is AT&T's coverage in your area? Agree that you should do your own research. BTW, also love my 9700!! Best of both worlds, IMHO.
    01-25-10 08:15 AM
    OK, above post will be moot if Verizon gets iphone.
    01-25-10 08:16 AM
    I love AT&T, and my iphone 3G. More to the point, how is AT&T's coverage in your area? Agree that you should do your own research. BTW, also love my 9700!! Best of both worlds, IMHO.
    AT&Ts coverage in my area SUCKS. My wife drops calls constantly. She has excellent signal strength but she can drop a call just sitting there. Ive called AT&T and bitched at them they do nothing.

I love Verizon in all honest Ive never had a problem with their service.

I guess purpose of the thread is just trying to get accustomed too this Storm 2. I was talking to CrackBerry via Twitter last night, and I really want to get a theme that has weather on the front screen. Turns out you need to purchase a Berry weather app thats $10.00. Free upgrades? Apparently not?
    01-25-10 08:25 AM
    OK, above post will be moot if Verizon gets iphone.
    HA!

AT&Ts coverage in my area SUCKS. My wife drops calls constantly. She has excellent signal strength but she can drop a call just sitting there. Ive called AT&T and bitched at them they do nothing.

I guess purpose of the thread is just trying to get accustomed too this Storm 2. I was talking to CrackBerry via Twitter last night, and I really want to get a theme that has weather on the front screen. Turns out you need to purchase a Berry weather app thats $10.00. Free upgrades? Apparently not?
    Well I suppose you can buy an iPhone app that will run you about 15-20 dollars per app... BlackBerry apps average 2-5 dollars, and berryweather is on of the best apps I have ever used. If you don't plan on spending money on your smartphone, I would suggest getting a razr
    01-25-10 08:48 AM
    Well I suppose you can buy an iPhone app that will run you about 15-20 dollars per app...
    What does that even mean?
    01-25-10 08:50 AM
    LMAO! apps aren't usually 15-20.00 or at least not that Ive seen - they tend to run about the same price as the BlackBerry. Im not defending just stating what I saw.

and as for the Razr comment - Im just gonna say FAIL!
    01-25-10 08:53 AM
    Alright so right now I'm on a Storm 2, and I have to admit Im still back and fourth on the Storm 2 vs the Iphone. I'm not crazy about AT&T's service hence why I elected to go with a storm 2, however the comment I always get is why the Storm 2 why not an Iphone?

Thing is I've ALWAYS been a BlackBerry User however I feel as if BlackBerry is slipping a little bit. I love the e-mail TRUE push, but it lacks certain things the Iphone does. Examples include APP MEMORY. Storm 2 is limited to.. 256? Iphone has like 16 Gig or 32 Gig?

Music, What can I sync against with Storm 2 Iphone is obviously Itunes and if you ever lose or break your Iphone you just type in your account info and back down it comes.
    My ATT Service has been better than Verizon Service. I don't regret switching at all. The only thing I miss is the blinking LED and a keyboard.
    01-25-10 09:04 AM
    My ATT Service has been better than Verizon Service. I don't regret switching at all. The only thing I miss is the blinking LED and a keyboard.
    I was going to ask also - on the LED issue - I had my curve set so that it blinked green when coverage is present - Where is that on Storm 2?
    01-25-10 09:08 AM
    I'm a Storm II user. Here's the easy breakdown...

Business Device: Storm II > iPhone. Making phone calls, syncing with BIS server, e-mail integration with a BB are all excellent.

Personal Device: iPhone >>>>> Storm II. With an iPhone, everything you want to do just works and looks great. Getting a BB to perform non-business tasks can be like pulling teeth. The app selection is weak, and the apps tend to look like crap (comparatively speaking). Browsing... iPhone by a mile. Apps... not even worth discussing.

Here's the other thing to consider. Do you do most communication via SMS, FB, IM, etc? If so, the benefits of VZW's superior network are largely negated. However, if you make tons of phone calls, AT&T is going to drive you nuts.

You might also want to wait till at least Wednesday. There's a number of strong indications that Apple will announce a 4G iPhone for VZW to be available in June.

Greg
    01-25-10 09:16 AM

Actually there are FREE weather apps that will show the icon on the main screen of most themes now, Weatherbug is one.

Also too, "berryslider" comes with a weather option now that updates on its own.
    01-25-10 09:20 AM
    Click screen is solid. Not gimmicky in my opinion. RIM can definitely improve it, but allowing the user to select something without necessarily executing it is, to say the least, fantastic.
    With the Verizon Iphone on the horizon I would hold out

01-25-10 09:22 AM
    Then consider yourself to be one of the lucky few who've had the privilege of getting and keeping coverage with ATT.
    01-25-10 09:22 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD