I am sure people are dying to hear my thoughts on this subject so i thought what the heck, why not post something... =) I have had an iphone for about a year. Switched from a blackberry. And i must say i have missed using a blackberry..

I guess I should have known i was in trouble before i even paid for the phone. The first two they took out to give me would not even turn on..LOL Third time was a charm. Well I can say that the last 4 days have been aweful and i find myself cussing at this phone all day... =P

For some reason when trying to surf the net my screen will start flashing and then freeze then go back to thehome screen (this happened 3x), I have absolutely no signal inside my house (wifi would be great about now), all calls are chippy and the volume just drops out then comes back then gets lower and lower by itself.

The display is awesome though... Most people have commented on how good the resolution is... I guess i will be taking the phone back this week. My friend hooked me up with a Bold so i think i will try that out.. Iam kind of tired of the iphone...

The storm looks like it will kick *** if they get everything worked out.. Or maybe i just got a bad unit....
    02-22-09 06:52 PM
    Thanks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-22-09 06:57 PM
    So the storm or iphone is giving you problems?

02-22-09 07:00 PM
    Umm... Yeah. Thanks?

Honestly though, it just sounds like you had bad luck getting a decent working phone. My storm has been great for the month and a half I've had it.
    02-22-09 07:01 PM
    Umm... Yeah. Thanks?

Honestly though, it just sounds like you had bad luck getting a decent working phone. My storm has been great for the month and a half I've had it.
    same my storm has been perfect... i actually have friends with iphones that admire my storm lol
    02-22-09 07:03 PM
    maybe give it some more time?
    02-22-09 07:05 PM
    I would swap it. Sounds like you got a bad phone. Is it possible this phone (and the other two that wouldn't work) were already OPEN and not sealed? If so, it's possible they are phones people had that came back and restocked, but this perticular store never returned them to the manufacturer for recertification, they simply put the box back on the shelf. Also, if the store you went to wasn't a corporate store, it's very likely the above is what's happened.... you got a used/abused phone. Have them swap it for a NEW IN BOX AND SEALED phone ASAP... within 30 days in order to get a new phone. Anything after that and you're certain to get a refurb.
    02-22-09 07:12 PM
    I just got my new storm last Tuesday and it has been working fine, other than a few random re-boots, everything is A-ok.
    02-22-09 07:17 PM
    I'm on my 3rd phone it's a refurb model... The best one I've had screen is tights click isn't sloppy screen doesn't wobble, buttons at the bottom are level..

Probably the best one I have had so far... as long as they get the software issues fixed when we finally get an official software release I think it will jump up a few notches..
    02-22-09 07:18 PM
    Got my phone in december and still rocking! No problems here. Sorry to hear of all your troubles I know my bro has an iphone, but keeps his verizon flip for coverage when there is none with his iphone. Couldn't imagine carrying around two phones for that reason. But he loves his iphone.
    02-22-09 07:19 PM
    Wow. Maybe try os update? That's bad

02-22-09 07:30 PM
    I don't think its the phones people the problem is I would never want to go with AT&T. Verizon rocks. the phones are close enough they both have good and bad points.
    02-22-09 07:40 PM
    I would have to lean towards the restocked comment. Or is it possible they r consecutive builds and all caught the same defect? Sometimes these we stock all brands and all carrier wireless/gas station/party stores can b pretty shady. Thats if u didnt buy at a corporate store.
    02-22-09 07:46 PM
    I'm on my 3rd phone it's a refurb model... The best one I've had screen is tights click isn't sloppy screen doesn't wobble, buttons at the bottom are level..

Probably the best one I have had so far... as long as they get the software issues fixed when we finally get an official software release I think it will jump up a few notches..
    VZW doesn't do refurbs anymore, they're Certified Like New lol
    02-22-09 07:47 PM
    VZW doesn't do refurbs anymore, they're Certified Like New lol

whats that mean?
    02-22-09 07:57 PM
    Still on the first storm I bought and no problems. Even OS! LOL

02-22-09 07:57 PM
    I also switched from an iphone to the storm and i LOVE the storm so far. Despite the iphone having A LOT more apps, the storm you have WAY more freedom.
    02-22-09 08:06 PM
    whats that mean?

lol..pretty sure it still means refurb!
    02-22-09 08:11 PM
    I also switched from an iphone to the storm and i LOVE the storm so far. Despite the iphone having A LOT more apps, the storm you have WAY more freedom.
    Exactly...The Iphone is a toy where the Storm is a machine

I just want an Ipod Touch
    02-22-09 08:13 PM
    whats that mean?
    Pretty much the same... just a different name.
    02-22-09 11:13 PM
    Exactly...The Iphone is a toy where the Storm is a machine

I just want an Ipod Touch
    Exactly what i did. iPhone was a joke of a phone. I got the iPod touch to have some fun with games and use my Storm for eveything else.
    02-22-09 11:14 PM
    Sounds like you got a bad one. The first one I got the screen had several dead spots. Got a "like new" replacement and works great!
    02-22-09 11:21 PM
    I read the first post twice and still can't tell if he's talking about the storm or iphone though I'm assuming its the storm. By the way, if you get an ipod touch and want to use it to make calls by using a headset with a mic, thus cannibalizing sales of iphones, "there's an app for that.". Saw it in action this weekend.

02-23-09 12:23 AM
    same my storm has been perfect... i actually have friends with iphones that admire my storm lol
    haha..yeah!..same here.
    02-23-09 12:51 AM
    I know a few ppl around my area with the Storm and none of them hav had to return their phone so it might just be that you got a bad unit. Atleast it sounds like your not going back to iphone just yet good luck on ur next phone
    02-23-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD