05-21-09 09:42 AM
34 12
tools
    I would rather have the Storm 2 since RIM has learned from the first storm and hopefully will make the Storm 2 perfect or pretty nice.
    What lessons would these be? Everyone thought that the storm was going to be the one and only perfect phone on the planet. They were pissed when they "only" got a great phone. Let's not repeat the hype train

I really liked everything about the iPhone until I got my hands on one.
    sums up my experience EXACTLY

OP the main thing with the storm is that a lot of people THOUGHT they wanted a storm, but really just wanted an iphone. Don't make the mistake of kidding yourself. If you want a media player with a REALLY slick UI, smooth animations and a billion apps and games, the iphone is really what you want (or maybe a bb and ipod touch combo). If what you seek is a nice touchscreen blackberry with robust featureset, then get the storm. Dont look at the storm and say hey that blackberry looks sweet! then go in expecting ipod touch style interface. The storm is still a dry blackberry style wise.

Personally I love it. A great mix taking aspects of a media player and a blackberry and mixing them together. It is still a blackberry. But: The fact that you're even asking this question makes me think you would be much happier with an iphone.
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 05-20-09 at 11:34 AM.
    05-20-09 11:23 AM
    I really don't see Verizon ever getting the iPhone and since Verizon has superior service in my area, the point is moot. I love Blackberrys and could not see myself switching from them. I will definitely get a Storm 2 when it comes out as my NE2 is coming up the end of July. I want a BIG screen for reading email and looking at text messages. I am not into having a ear plug dangling from my ear all day listening to tunes - first and foremost, I want a GREAT PHONE, EMAIL device, and WEB BROWSER. The ONE thing I would like to see is an application selection as good as the iPhone.
    05-20-09 11:44 AM
    you guys arent getting an iphone just like im not getting a storm two. you gotta switch carriers if you want either one and personally i dont want verizons super slow network.
    05-20-09 12:08 PM
    iPhone any day storm 2 will be option 2 just like current storm but i love my 3G jailbroken that is and on tmobile
    05-20-09 04:36 PM
    I don't see how anyone could choose being that they don't have never even seen a Storm 2 yet.
    Even if I have to choose now, for the sake of the thread, I would choose the Storm 2 without even seeing it. I personally would never buy an iPhone.
    05-20-09 04:46 PM
    3rd gen iPhone is gonna gobble up EVEN MORE MARKETSHARE.. it will be a huge jump over the 2nd gen and be way ahead in terms of stability compared to S2.
    05-20-09 04:55 PM
    iPhone...
    By the way about the Storm 2 garbage. Why dont they fix the problems with the first one? Before trying to make another mistake...
    05-20-09 07:14 PM
    Depending onthe way it is designed. But the iphone to me; equals a phone for
    the teen to mid 30ish group.
    The Storm; BB's is a different mindset. Not saying the iphone is a toy.
    But a BB is more associated with business professionalism.
    Kinda like a pair of wingtips means conservative ready for business.
    The Storm gives me all the fuctionality I desire.
    So I am guessing that I will stay with the Storm.
    That is putting it up against the new win mo devices that are
    coming out as well.......
    The Storm is b!thc!n.....
    05-21-09 09:41 AM
    3rd gen iPhone is gonna gobble up EVEN MORE MARKETSHARE.. it will be a huge jump over the 2nd gen and be way ahead in terms of stability compared to S2.
    Ummmmmmm don't assume my friend
    05-21-09 09:42 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD