hmmm... instead of the browser... how about we do a comparison to see who even has a SIGNAL in different parts of the city.... this is called iDon't-Get-Signal-Everywhere-On-AT&T-Because-It-SUCKS

or how about we see which phone drops calls when doing something simple like switching towers? this is called iNo-Like-Tower-Switching

or how about we do a test to see which one fetches email for you WITHOUT RECONCILING EACH ACCOUNT EVERY HOUR MANUALLY... this is called iSUCK-BALL$-At-Email

or how about we do a comparison on how fast you can type on an iPhone QWERTY next to typing on the Storm SureType. this is called iType-Faster-On-A-BlackBerry

and while we're at it, why don't we do a comparison for the battery life, huh? hmmmmmm.... 2-3 hours with an iPhone that does NOTHING in my pocket, doesn't fetch email, doesn't even RING when you get a call (but it does go directly to VM for you and your clients convenience)... all that wonderful stuff versus 2 days worth of battery life for the Storm. this is called iSUCK-Battery-While-Doing-NOTHING

are there any tradeoffs? yeah, the OS is slick on the iPhone. but i would trade all the nifty transitions for a freaking CDMA radio in it, a user swappable battery, a worth-while email program, a better keyboard, a phone that works, and Verizon. oh yeah, but we can keep Safari on there... it's sort of ok.
    11-26-08 11:57 PM
    hmmm... instead of the browser... how about we do a comparison to see who even has a SIGNAL in different parts of the city.... this is called iDon't-Get-Signal-Everywhere-On-AT&T-Because-It-SUCKS

or how about we see which phone drops calls when doing something simple like switching towers? this is called iNo-Like-Tower-Switching

or how about we do a test to see which one fetches email for you WITHOUT RECONCILING EACH ACCOUNT EVERY HOUR MANUALLY... this is called iSUCK-BALL$-At-Email

or how about we do a comparison on how fast you can type on an iPhone QWERTY next to typing on the Storm SureType. this is called iType-Faster-On-A-BlackBerry

and while we're at it, why don't we do a comparison for the battery life, huh? hmmmmmm.... 2-3 hours with an iPhone that does NOTHING in my pocket, doesn't fetch email, doesn't even RING when you get a call (but it does go directly to VM for you and your clients convenience)... all that wonderful stuff versus 2 days worth of battery life for the Storm. this is called iSUCK-Battery-While-Doing-NOTHING

are there any tradeoffs? yeah, the OS is slick on the iPhone. but i would trade all the nifty transitions for a freaking CDMA radio in it, a user swappable battery, a worth-while email program, a better keyboard, a phone that works, and Verizon. oh yeah, but we can keep Safari on there... it's sort of ok.
    1. I have had nothing but good experiences with ATT. 3G everywhere I go. No dropped or failed calls.
    2. Like I said above. No droped or failed calls on my iPhone. No problems at all.
    3. Don't use fetch. Sign up for push email. You don't need mobileme. I have no problems typing on the iPhone. I type faster on that than my Bold.
    4. I call playing Spore for over 3 hours straight non stop and having more than half battery left when I'm done great battery life. I get 2 days out of my iPhone with heavy use.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by avt123; 11-27-08 at 12:10 AM.
    11-27-08 12:06 AM
    I had an iPhone for a long time. I really liked it. I like the Storm also. I dont see why we need one to be superior to the other for us to feel better about what we use.

Here is a quick comparison of things I like about both:

Browser: I personally like the iPhone browser better. It renders better, it has multiple pages. Its easier to get to small links with the pinch and zoom. The Storm browser is nice, better than older BB version.

3G speed: My roommate just got a 3g iPhone. (I had the original one with Edge.) I compared the Storm to the iPhone by loading 5 random pages. The Storm beat the iPhone on 4 of those 5 pages, but not by much. A few seconds at most. One page was maybe 10-12sec more on iPhone. The one page the iPhone won was also just by a few seconds. I live in a large metro area (Dallas) so there is solid coverage for both carriers. I know this isnt scientific, but I would think it proves that the Storm is at least as fast and most likely faster depending on your service.

Keyboard: I never did like the iPhone keyboard all that much. Even after using it for over a year I had constant typos that I had to correct. Also, no landscape in email and sms. Not sure why they havent rolled this out yet. I wasnt sure about the suretype layout in portrait on the Storm, I assumed Id use landscape 99% of the time, but Im finding the opposite true. I have used my Storm mostly in portrait and like that way it works. I think the typing is much better on the Storm. I really like the click.

Multimedia stuff: sorry, but the iPhone win here all the way around. Maybe when the new Storm OS comes out it will close the gap, but from looking at pics, zooming (NOTHING beats the pinch and zoom), music, movies, everything is just smoother on the iPhone.

Email: I dont care what iPhone fanboys say, NOTHING beats Blackberry email. Yes, Apple implemented push with the newest OS, but it is not as good or as fast as BB

I think they are both nice devices. I could use either and be happy. I personally would go back to the iPhone if I could as I am a Mac user and have just gotten accustomed to using it, but I am happy with the Storm and becoming happier by the day.
    Last edited by voodoodaddy; 11-27-08 at 12:56 AM.
    11-27-08 12:22 AM
    [QUOTE=avt123;1057975]1. I have had nothing but good experiences with ATT. 3G everywhere I go. No dropped or failed calls.
    2. Like I said above. No droped or failed calls on my iPhone. No problems at all.
    3. Don't use fetch. Sign up for push email. You don't need mobileme. I have no problems typing on the iPhone. I type faster on that than my Bold.
    4. I call playing Spore for over 3 hours straight non stop and having more than half battery left when I'm done great battery life. I get 2 days out of my iPhone with heavy use. [QUOTE]

1. depends on where ya live i guess. i'm in AZ
    2. depends on where ya live...
    3. forget MobileMe - what about my business exchange server? what about my Yahoo! personal account? none of them retrieved mail. they were Push - try running a business with an iPhone. guess your fingers are more dexterous than mine.
    4. i call bull**** - either that or you just got it

i had my phone replaced 3 times thinking it was just defective.

iPhone = great for non-business
    BB = best for business

i would have gotten the Bold if it was on Verizon, but i could not stand being on AT&T anymore in my area.

i'm not saying the Storm is flawless. no phone is. but if you take a look at the whole package, you get a clear idea of what it was designed for.

the iPhone does great transitions from screen to screen. it's pretty fast. call quality and the speakers have been documented as mediocre by Walt Mossberg and the like, and i agree with them. Mediocre AT BEST... the app store is a wonderful item, if you're into games and such. the browser is superb, if you have service.

the Storm is focused around the BB platform closely resembling a business person model. it isn't perfect. but it's on a more stable, far reaching network and has some great qualities. it's a good intermediate user blackberry. i want a Bold. i need a Bold. when it comes to Verizon, i'll switch. not because i hate the Storm, but because the features of the Bold fit my regiment better.

anyhow, good luck and enjoy that iPhone and AT&T.
    11-27-08 12:34 AM
    1. depends on where ya live i guess. i'm in AZ
    2. depends on where ya live...
    3. forget MobileMe - what about my business exchange server? what about my Yahoo! personal account? none of them retrieved mail. they were Push - try running a business with an iPhone. guess your fingers are more dexterous than mine.
    4. i call bull**** - either that or you just got it

i had my phone replaced 3 times thinking it was just defective.

iPhone = great for non-business
    BB = best for business

i would have gotten the Bold if it was on Verizon, but i could not stand being on AT&T anymore in my area.

i'm not saying the Storm is flawless. no phone is. but if you take a look at the whole package, you get a clear idea of what it was designed for.

the iPhone does great transitions from screen to screen. it's pretty fast. call quality and the speakers have been documented as mediocre by Walt Mossberg and the like, and i agree with them. Mediocre AT BEST... the app store is a wonderful item, if you're into games and such. the browser is superb, if you have service.

the Storm is focused around the BB platform closely resembling a business person model. it isn't perfect. but it's on a more stable, far reaching network and has some great qualities. it's a good intermediate user blackberry. i want a Bold. i need a Bold. when it comes to Verizon, i'll switch. not because i hate the Storm, but because the features of the Bold fit my regiment better.

anyhow, good luck and enjoy that iPhone and AT&T.
    It definitely depends on where you live. I never said the iPhone was good for running a business, just said it has push email and that I am able to type fast on it. Why is it bull**** that I get 2 days. No I did not just get it. I have had it since the beginning of august. I have my brightness turned all the way down, and gps off. I guess I'm just lucky?

11-27-08 12:41 AM
    Using Opera Mini isn't fair to the iPhone. Opera Mini is pulling compressed data from Opera's servers

Full Web: Opera Mini enables you to take your full Web experience to your phone. Fast: Faster mobile internet as data is compressed before being sent to your phone
    11-27-08 12:41 AM
    I've done a side by side and the iPhone destroys the Storm. Believe me I am not a fanboy of Apple at all, and I really wanted to love the storm. The browser is a joke on it. I can render full pages faster on the iphone on Edge than I can with the storm on 3G.

I have to agree on most.
    I am keeping my Storm because of work, but the iPhone is much easier to use and faster all around.

Storm

Positives

• Better phone (most important) I had horrible reception with AT&T, T-Mobile was best in my area but Verizon beats the **** out of AT&T.
    • Better Speaker phone / volume
    • Gets along with work email server better and faster.
    • Looks better.
    • Copy,paste
    • Ability to edit documents.
    • Camera (questionable still)
    • Video
    • Better keyboard
    • MMS

Negative

• Harder to navigate
    • Not as many programs
    • Not user friendly ( for everyday Joe's)
    • Slower to open and run programs
    • Touch screen not refined
    • Accelerometer(sp) is archaic compared to iPhone
    • No flash (Apple has the same problem).

I have had the iPhone 3G for 6 months and it was easy to use from day one.
    There really was no learning curve. It makes doing everything easier.

The storm is a bit of enigma. I so much want to like it and plan to keep it because of work, but it is frustrating me when I have to do other tasks on it.
    The phone part is awesome, Verizon has great coverage here.

Let's see what happens in a few months.

PS my iPhone is on ebay right now.
    11-27-08 02:27 AM
    First off its a matter of opinion, so ill share mine. Maybe I'm just a lucky one to have my storm work flawlessly out of the box. I have been with verizon for 7 years and never been happier , I went out and got the iphone "3g" and it had some high notes in speed and down notes also browser crashes and call quality and drops while commuting down the I5 in california. Not being able to send MMS's made me preturbed but after 4 replacements which was a pain is the but I called it quitd with ATT and the iphone "3g" and went back to my safehaven verizon wishing it had a comprable phone , now as I love typing on my suretype which I'm doing now I love it , I also love operamini , the service is the best as it should "jd powers best call quality" I love BB and will be a RIM BB fan for life I'm excited to know the software updates will make my storm as awesome as it is already , I also love the docking station that makes it into my alarm clock ... So awesome...a fact is a fact RIm and BB way more solid (once bugs are fixed for everyone)

11-27-08 02:42 AM
    I like the latest iphone adverts which shows it doing everything faultlessly and quickly, then at the end in tiny letters it says that all scenes shown are accelerated and edited - basically it can't do it anywhere like the speeds in the ad, and it falters while it does it, but that wouldn't sell a truckload of iphones to people who don't read the small print, would it...

11-27-08 02:48 AM
    I like the latest iphone adverts which shows it doing everything faultlessly and quickly, then at the end in tiny letters it says that all scenes shown are accelerated and edited - basically it can't do it anywhere like the speeds in the ad, and it falters while it does it, but that wouldn't sell a truckload of iphones to people who don't read the small print, would it...

Yes, and you know why the adverts now have those disclaimers? Because it was shown to be false advertising!

Having owned both a 2G & 3G iPhone, I have to say that Apple (& o2 in the UK) have been misleading from the beginning, which is why I have terminated my iPhone contract... and I also feel qualified to say that the iPhone, whilst easy to use and beautiful to look at - lacks some basic functions and just doesn't perform as advertised at all. The amount of time that the web browser crashes is unbearable.... not much point having a beautiful OS if it crashes every 5 minutes. Just my opinion.
    11-27-08 03:19 AM
    So since the update... anyone done a comparison?
    12-16-08 06:56 PM
    necro threads ftw!~!~!~!
    12-16-08 06:57 PM
    Either way I'm happy with my storm, I trust a Rim phone way more than Crapple Macintrash!
    12-16-08 07:00 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD