02-28-09 12:18 AM
    Hmm..so I guess they use either the G1 or Nokia smartphones? Be helpful if there was more to that article
    02-28-09 12:28 AM
    They don't do nokia or motorloa there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 12:37 AM
    Why the Japanese Hate the iPhone | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

02-28-09 12:41 AM
    Why the Japanese Hate the iPhone | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

And the follow up, good work.
    02-28-09 01:27 AM
    Just curious, but what kind of reception does the Blackberry Storm get in Japan...? Do you think they would view the Storm as a dated technology?
    Last edited by SuperSJB; 02-28-09 at 01:48 AM.
    02-28-09 01:41 AM
    Just curious, but what kind of reception does the Blackberry Storm get in Japan...? Do you think they would view the Storm as a dated technology?
    Guessing?

It'd prolly be better received by being a Blackberry and having the messaging capabilities inherent in a 'berry. It would also get crucified I think in other areas. The cultural views about engineering would clash against the light leakage and screen 'wiggle'.

Since neither the iPhone nor Storm boast a tv tuner, they run even in that category.
    02-28-09 01:59 AM
    That's a good point about price; in the UK the iphone was the same price per month as the bold or storm, but you had to pay a lot to even get the phone, whilst bold/storm are free on those plans.
    That was a key deciding factor in my getting the bold over iphone 3g - when you pay monthly prices like that, the phone needs to be free or subsidised. I got the impression Apple were making their money on the phone while the carrier was making it off the monthly charge. Too greedy for such a basic smartphone, especially when you need apps to make it worthwhile, costing even more.
    The Japanese just have the balls to do what the rest of the world should have done when asked to pay twice for the same item.
    Now they just need to make it free for everyone else.

02-28-09 05:17 AM
    Hmm..so I guess they use either the G1 or Nokia smartphones? Be helpful if there was more to that article
    That's asking a lot from Fox News.

The Japanese hate the XBox too...they just hate any electronic device...or car from North America.
    02-28-09 10:43 AM
    There is already a thread about this. Please post there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/iph...-japan-171312/
    02-28-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD