Hey, does the invite attendee feature of the calendar work for anyone? I was testing with two storms and when I would invite the attendee my phone would show that it sent out an email that shows the details of the meeting and also has an attachment of the actual event from the calendar. So it appears to send correctly...but

On the phone that it was sent to the email shows up and has the same subject line as what was sent which is: Updated: "Meeting Name", but there is nothing else in the email. I've also checked the calendar and the meeting has not been added to the calendar.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just another feature of the phone that does not work at this time (like escalating volume on the alarm)?

Oh, both phones are running .148, but on previous attempts with other operating systems and sending to other blackberries the email still showed up empty. Thanks for any help.
    05-28-09 10:38 AM
    Seems to work fine for me, from my Storm to a 8330 anyways.
    05-28-09 11:16 AM
    Does this feature work on BIS, or is it a BES only feature? I'm not sure, BUT that could be the source of the trouble.
    05-28-09 11:18 AM
    Does this feature work on BIS, or is it a BES only feature? I'm not sure, BUT that could be the source of the trouble.
    It should work on BIS as well-- but maybe that is a feature of BIS that Verizon doesn't offer.
    05-28-09 11:20 AM
    Yes Just yesterday my sister & i were sending invites back and forth for our kids summer activities between her curve and my storm.

Both BIS
    05-28-09 01:27 PM
    I do this all of the time...between my Storm and a friend's Storm...between my Storm and my work Outlook account.

BIS.

Here's a guess. Does the receiving phone have an e-mail address linked to the calendar? (open up the calendar, hit the "new event" button, and look at the top where it says "Send Using:"...does it show his e-mail account...or does it show "Default"?)

I know some folks have deleted the association between their e-mail and calendar, trying to fix the odd entry display on the "Today" themes (I've done this and mucked things up on my BB before).

If it's set to "Default", go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services and associate "Calendar (CICAL)" to the e-mail address you're trying to send the calendar invite to. If that e-mail address doesn't show up there, you'll need to resend service books to the device.
    05-28-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Both of the phones do have an email account associated with the calendar. I did notice that the meeting request goes to my email just fine and I get the option to accept and the other options. It just does not come to my phone correctly. I also noticed that quite a few times the request was never delivered to my phone even though other emails before and after the request were delivered correctly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD