I was wondering before i ordered it myself. Will it kill your Storm if you apply it? Or can you just not use the liquid stuff?
    12-03-08 06:39 PM
    What exactly is the liquid issue? You should be fine if you install it without the battery installed or if you don't turn your Storm on when you install it. Unless there is another issue besides water possibly touching inner hardware during the install.

I've spilled water on electronics before and quickly shutting down the device and letting it dry for the most part has saved me various times from having to buy a new one.
    12-03-08 06:43 PM
    Someone posted a video on YouTube of an install process...

He put pieces of paper between all of the gaps so no liquid could get in while he squeegeed it out.

The paper worked as a sponge to suck up the water....

Probably the best bet if your paranoid about this.
    12-03-08 06:46 PM
    Yeah that YouTube video was great if you don't know how to do it. Made my install alot easier.
    12-03-08 07:37 PM
    i installed my IS without any paper.. if you don't douse the stuff in shieldspray you should be fine.. just make sure to run your finger across the pieces before you apply them to wipe off any of the excess
    12-03-08 07:39 PM
    I was wondering before i ordered it myself. Will it kill your Storm if you apply it? Or can you just not use the liquid stuff?

You need the liquid for it to work
    12-03-08 07:55 PM
    anyone know the link to this video? i cant seem to find it
    12-03-08 08:21 PM
    I made that video

12-03-08 08:24 PM
    Hi all,

You can go to ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield and the youtube video is on their website showing you how to apply the invisible shield. I purchased it for my BB Curve & did exactly as it says, I turned off the phone & took out the battery. It was kind of a pain to apply but once it was done, I loved it.
    12-03-08 08:28 PM
    anyone have a link for the youtibe strom instal...i couldnt find it
    12-03-08 08:42 PM
    12-03-08 11:06 PM
    I installed it just fine. You only use about 3 sprays on the shield itself. I didn't take out the battery, just turned it off. As soon as I squeegeed the water out I would turn it upside down and tape it so any excess water would come out onto the cloth. I kept doing that and let it sit over night and it was fine. I think it worked great and I love it.
    12-03-08 11:09 PM
    I made that video
    that looks like a good idea....thanks
    12-03-08 11:36 PM
    As soon as I squeegeed the water out I would turn it upside down and tape it so any excess water would come out onto the cloth.
    I know the word in Bold was a typo. Suppose to be tap. But the typo gave me an idea. The kind of work I'm into is Automotive Detailing. Before I go to buff out the swirls/scratches on a car, I tape up all the rubber molding, openings etc. So that while I'm buffing, no compound and no compound dust gets into the crevices and such. So what I'm trying to get at is, why not just tape up the gap on the storm. I know from pictures and such, some of the screen protectors don't match up exactly to the edge of the screen. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right...but I don't know. Couldn't you just use the rest of the screen to adhere the tape to, and also to the opposite side of the gap? I might be too sick to know what I'm talking about, or maybe it's my detailing skills talkin...
    12-03-08 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD