new to the forums yeah i got my storm yesterday seemed buggy but worked then i applied the invisible screen and all **** broke loose. screen mostly non responsive. buttons wont highlight im so fing pissed right now and there all sold out around my area. Wonder if too much spray was on the film or if it just needs to dry out?? Damn it!
    11-22-08 02:57 PM
    I had the invisible shield installed at a local mall kiosk today from a zagg worker, and everything is working seemlessly. i can barely tell that something is on the screen.
    11-22-08 04:15 PM
    screen does not respond to heat-only touch/sensitivity
    11-22-08 04:17 PM
    Storm isn't heat sensitive...it works based on the electromagneticism in your fingers...or so I've read
    11-22-08 05:06 PM
    those who have had success/failure with the IS on Storm can you please post the following:

1) have you installed an IS before (experience)
    2) where did you purchase your IS from (best buy/Mall Kiosk/ Internet)
    3) did you remove the 2 Stock plastic covers from the screen before install (yes I know it is stupid but better to answer now)

thanks in advance
    11-22-08 05:26 PM
    just so people make the wrong assumptions. the plastic cover that comes on the storm is not really a "protective" as something like ghost armor or IS.

it's just there to make sure the screen doesn't get damaged while in packaging and stuff. kind of like how everything with a screen comes with a plastic cover.

this thing is not made to be very durable for daily use.

as a side note. I've used IS on iphons and touches and never had any sensitivity issues.

if it's causing this problem on the storm, then my best guess is the storm is using a lower quality screen.
    11-22-08 06:00 PM
    Devlyn16,

1. I have installed IS before with no problems.
    2. I purchased from internet
    3. Yes, remove both screen protectors.

PM me if you have specific questions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:05 PM
    i got my storm and zagg IS from best buy. just followed instructions sprayed once on both sides of film placed on screen and squeegeed out the bubbles. soon after that my storm became very non responsive i'll get lucky if i get a button to light up or scroll properly. fing sux it was working okay before besides some lag. Anybody else in same situation
    11-22-08 06:14 PM
    oh yeah and i did remove plastic covers that came on the storm out of box
    11-22-08 06:16 PM
    great.. i already order my IS and now i'm afraid to put it on..
    11-22-08 06:29 PM
    I just got my storm and put on the IS last night. I turned the device off, took off both stock screen protectors (if you call them that) then applied the IS with the spray. i let it sit for 12 hours off, and turned it on today, everything seems to work perfectly fine, so i'm happy with it so far. I think its important to let it sit so everything can evaporate.
    Last edited by hewie; 11-22-08 at 06:37 PM.
    11-22-08 06:33 PM
    I'm thinking about going to a zagg kiosks in the utc mall and just have them do it that why their liable plus I've never done it before,so I'll let the professionals do it.
    11-22-08 06:38 PM
    hmm well i dont know maybe my storm is just defective
    11-22-08 07:08 PM
    Has anyone spoken to Zagg about this? I'm scared to put mine on.

11-23-08 08:48 AM
    is this the same invisible shield they offer at best buy? If not Has anyone used the Best buy one? and which is better Best Buy or the verizon one?
    11-23-08 09:34 AM
    those who have had success/failure with the IS on Storm can you please post the following:

3) did you remove the 2 Stock plastic covers from the screen before install (yes I know it is stupid but better to answer now)

thanks in advance

1) Yes, on 3 Voyager, 4 Dare, 2 enV, 2 Chocolate, 1 Storm
    2) some online from Zagg, some from bestskinsever, the one for the Storm from BB
    3) no, and I added 5 more just to make sure I'm protectet
    what a question...
    11-23-08 11:08 AM
    Devlyn16,

1. I have installed IS before with no problems.
    2. I purchased from internet
    3. Yes, remove both screen protectors.

PM me if you have specific questions

i got my storm and zagg IS from best buy. just followed instructions sprayed once on both sides of film placed on screen and squeegeed out the bubbles. soon after that my storm became very non responsive i'll get lucky if i get a button to light up or scroll properly. fing sux it was working okay before besides some lag. Anybody else in same situation
    I just got my storm and put on the IS last night. I turned the device off, took off both stock screen protectors (if you call them that) then applied the IS with the spray. i let it sit for 12 hours off, and turned it on today, everything seems to work perfectly fine, so i'm happy with it so far. I think its important to let it sit so everything can evaporate.
    1) Yes, on 3 Voyager, 4 Dare, 2 enV, 2 Chocolate, 1 Storm
    2) some online from Zagg, some from bestskinsever, the one for the Storm from BB
    3) no, and I added 5 more just to make sure I'm protectet
    what a question...
    Thanks everyone I'm just trying to determine if it is an experience issue , if it is a batch issue (Best buy vs from Zagg).

When mine comes in the mail I expect I'll do the screen last and hope that my skills will have improved from applying the other pieces.
    11-23-08 12:41 PM
    I put the invisi shield on my storm. I turned it off before applying. I did not spray the phone directly nor did I saturate the shield. I used the squeegee but also kept running the rim of the screen with a paper towel to make sure there wasn't any spray getting under the screen. I really pressed hard on the screen (I have bubble issues- don't like them). There are no bubbles but when I turned the phone on the screen was sticking in one area and wouldn't change. I did a battery pull and haven't had a problem sense. I also suggest changing the settings on the touch screen to increase sensitivity. Love my invisi shield.

PS I purchased mine from Best Buy.....no patience for snail mail
    Last edited by 3addisons; 11-23-08 at 01:32 PM. Reason: add info
    11-23-08 01:30 PM
    The stock screen protector works excellant. I was going to buy the IS but I read this thread and didn't. Saved myself 20 bux

11-23-08 01:38 PM
    I had one installed, not an invisishield but a similar product and since then my BB button has not worked. Weird because only the screen was shielded. Once it was on though it was having fits. I took it off immediately. Since the phone has been fine minus the fact that button doesn't work! Im taking mine in for exchange.
    11-23-08 01:40 PM
    Has anyone tried Ghost Armor and did you hav similiar problems? Mine should be here tomorrow and really want to try it but very leary now.
    11-23-08 04:44 PM
    I posted a thread about this all as well. The solution gets under the screen. I recommend you do not use any skin that requires a solution to apply it. Pull and stick only! http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/cau...sealed-100796/
    11-23-08 04:46 PM
    Not true...not true at all. The first thing I did was get my Storm wrapped to protect the screen and body as much as possible. I have been using it with no hiccups at all. The screen is very responsive and has registered all of me hand movements and gestures.

In fact, I have two other phones (that I gave to me employees) and they have said the same thing. The skin works great and I wouldn't have it protected any other way.
    11-23-08 04:49 PM
    I bought the screen protectors from verizon and they work perfectly no bubbling or anything.
    11-23-08 05:37 PM

thanks in advance
    I installed the Invisible Shield on my Storm and so far I haven't had any problems. I had previous installed other screen protectors on my Curve so I had some minimal experience. I purchased my IS from Best Buy and I did remove both stock plastic covers from my screen before installing the IS.
    11-23-08 05:59 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD